Sponsored

Dealer/Service Dept. in Atlanta that isn't terrible?

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Just wanted to see if there is anyone in the Atlanta area that has had a good experience with a dealer service dept.? I am still having steering issues after having the steering box TSB performed by Landmark, and I will never go back to them. Not only did it take weeks for them to approve the work (they blamed my Mopar lift of all things), but they put another aluminum box in and I had to take it back that same day to have the steel box installed. Once the steel box was installed, I noticed they only torqued the bolts to half of what was needed. On top of that, they broke both of my locking hood latches and never mentioned it. The whole ordeal took about two months.

So any good experiences at another dealer in the area that I can have look at the steering box?
Sponsored

CJKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2021 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
Sorry to hear, as I just bought my '21 JLUR from Landmark and they're very close to home. For my CJ, I use a small shop in Chamblee (J&L Automotive on N. Peachtree). Not sure how or if they could handle warranty work though.

OP
OP
DHW

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Sorry to hear, as I just bought my '21 JLUR from Landmark and they're very close to home. For my CJ, I use a small shop in Chamblee (J&L Automotive on N. Peachtree). Not sure how or if they could handle warranty work though.
I'll have to look into J&L. Yea they are only a few miles from me, by far the closest dealership. I hope your experience at Landmark is better than mine. The sales dept. was great, but MY GOD the service dept. Mine goes back to my prior car, a 2015 Hellcat Charger, which Landmark service admitted they could not fix a minor transmission issue after 3 months in service, and then proceeded to wreck the car while they were "testing" it. It had just over 18,000 miles on it.

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Ed Voyles is decent to work with. I think people have had good experiences with mall of GA (I don’t have experience with them, personally).

whatever you do, stay away from Newnan Peachtree CDJR.

OP
OP
DHW

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Ed Voyles is decent to work with. I think people have had good experiences with mall of GA (I don’t have experience with them, personally).

whatever you do, stay away from Newnan Peachtree CDJR.
Taking it to Ed Voyles this weekend.
Sponsored