Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
The dirt deep in the tread is weird but I mean, it's been at a rail yard and loaded on and off of trucks, presumably also in the rain. I'd confirm mileage and give it a good look underneath but you should be fine.

Also, congrats on the jeep! I too have a 2 door white JLR and it's an incredible rig.
25D2D080-CA5E-4F4A-9845-076FC029F3E2_1_105_c.jpeg
Love that wheel/tire combo. Great pic!!
Sponsored

NullNomad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
There are some dumb ass posts on here. If it was special ordered then nobody should be test driving it, period. A lot porter or salesman may need to move it. But all new vehicles have a few miles on them at least. Has anyone every saw 1 or zero miles?? And, was it supposed to be detailed before it was shipped & then again afterwards? Relax. It'll be fine. Whether it's a Jeep or not.
Am I the only one that would be terrified to accept a vehicle with only 1 mile on it? :LOL:

When I got the call that my JLUR was in I straight up told them not to touch it until I got a chance to see it before PDI. I wanted to see it in its traveled dirty glory fresh off the trailer.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
lol that dirt on the bumper, omg! the horror.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
The dirt in the tread is strange.

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
If it's special ordered, your name is on the sticker. The dealer should keep it in their " back lot" until the day before delivery, when it's brought in, detailed, and then D Day, staged in their pick up area.

Mine had 19 mi on the clock, I confirmed the nearest rail yard to my dealer was about that distance.

Funny Story: on delivery day, my jeep was parked out front. my sales guy tossed me the keys and told me to go check it out while he was getting the paperwork squared away. So I go out, start checking over all the normal stuff, plus the frame, options, etc. This other sales dude comes up to me and starts his schtick:

Other Sales Guy: Nice Jeep
ME: Yep
Other Sales guy: I had a bunch of calls on this one. There was a guy from Syracuse willing to put a deposit down, sight unseen, and come check it out after work the other day.
ME: Really? Interesting.
Other Sales Guy: Yeah, that color is amazing. It's a Rubicon, and it's a Manual. You can't get one of those for like, 300 miles.
ME: I know. That's why I ordered it.
Other Sales Guy: OH, THIS IS YOUR JEEP?!
Me: Yep. That's my name on the sticker. Brian ordered it for me. Taking it home today
Other Sales Guy: Oh man, it's a good thing cause I almost sold that one like, 3 times last week!
Me: .......... uh huh. Ok.
Other Sales Guy: Well, congrats! and good luck!
Me: ......Thanks.

I told my sales guy and he rolled his eyes and gave a look like "Yeah, sure he almost did" and told me someone would have had to bypass several permissions to do something like that. Not saying it couldn't happen, but they were straight up with me the entire time, so this other dude was clearly making some shit up, although I don't doubt he wouldn't have tried to sell me the Jeep for MSRP If I played it off like I was some guy walking in off the street- then either swap it last minute (OH this one is actually taken, but I can get you into this other one for $XXX.XX/mo" , or sold it at a higher mark up if he actually got the process to go through. There were a few stories on here a while back of unscrupulous or disorganized dealers selling factory orders to people who walk in off the street, but I haven't read that happening in a while.

Dalak

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Mine was delivered to the dealer in Massachusetts with the same appearance. 9 miles on the odometer at delivery after the dealer said they take all new vehicles for a shakedown ride before prep.

20210515_185415.jpg

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
There are some dumb ass posts on here. If it was special ordered then nobody should be test driving it, period. A lot porter or salesman may need to move it. But all new vehicles have a few miles on them at least. Has anyone every saw 1 or zero miles?? And, was it supposed to be detailed before it was shipped & then again afterwards? Relax. It'll be fine. Whether it's a Jeep or not.
3 miles seems to be the norm for about the lowest one will see delivered. I have heard someone claim a JT was delivered with 2 miles but no pics.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I agree with the previous posts but why not ask him to send you a picture of the dash with the mileage if you want to be 100% sure? That'll put any speculation to rest pretty quickly.
I've heard the dealers can reset your odo. So??

Sponsored

OP
OP
J0E

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
Edgar the saleman was awesome. He picked me up from the bank and it was detailed and they did a good job. 15 miles on the clock. Tested front/rear/disconnect between walmart and costco

Jeep Wrangler JL Dealer sent pic of my new muddy JLR 2021-06-04 11.29.43
Jeep Wrangler JL Dealer sent pic of my new muddy JLR 2021-06-04 11.22.53
Jeep Wrangler JL Dealer sent pic of my new muddy JLR 2021-06-04 11.01.03

That hill is much steeper than it looks. Was disappointed it crawled up in 2 WD. I had to gas it to spin :(

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Having read many of the posts here I asked the dealer to not let anyone test drive it. He sent me this image as soon as it arrived at the dealership. Doesn't it look like it's been off road in at least water? Maybe that's normal. Lots of dust, must have been from the train ride. Dishman Dodge in Spokane gave me a great deal. See https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2021-jl-on-42s.70218/ for the build plan

Love the white with white top and black fenders, looks awesome!!

Reactions: J0E
OP
OP
J0E

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
Love the white with white top and black fenders, looks awesome!!
White is mandatory for the Maui sun and black fenders look better scraped up than white.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Congrats on the new jeep!

Also, echoing what everyone else said: The storage yards, rail yards, and often even the dealer overflow lots where new cars are delivered to, are probably dirt/gravel parking lots. They're very dusty.

Aha, found a picture of when mine was delivered! :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Dealer sent pic of my new muddy JLR 1623122564648

Sadly, it's dirtier right now than it was in the picture.
Sponsored