Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
Having read many of the posts here I asked the dealer to not let anyone test drive it. He sent me this image as soon as it arrived at the dealership. Doesn't it look like it's been off road in at least water? Maybe that's normal. Lots of dust, must have been from the train ride. Dishman Dodge in Spokane gave me a great deal. See https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2021-jl-on-42s.70218/ for the build plan

Jeep Wrangler JL Dealer sent pic of my new muddy JLR 644285525001
Jeep Wrangler JL Dealer sent pic of my new muddy JLR 644285547
Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Looks like a vehicle that's been on a train and a truck for a few thousand miles to me, personally.

If it were anything other than a Jeep, I'd have expected the dealer to wash it before letting the customer see it, but then again, it's a Jeep, so...

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I agree with the previous posts but why not ask him to send you a picture of the dash with the mileage if you want to be 100% sure? That'll put any speculation to rest pretty quickly.

OP
OP
J0E

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
I'll be there Friday morning to pick it up. He's a young kid just starting out and probably doesn't know you're supposed to wait until it's washed before sending a pic. He was excited to tell me it just got off the train.

Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
When they come off the assembly line there's an army of kids that drive them over to the lot. It's only a mile or two depending on the vehicle. So it could have been raining in Toledo the day they drove it over.

Sponsored

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
I had the same thing happen with mine and thought the same thing too. I got there and it had something like 5 miles on it.

At the end of the day, I attributed it to getting it loaded up on a truck or train car. I would say that it's normal and while I was cautious like you, it didn't prevent me from picking it up and taking it.

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
I'll be there Friday morning to pick it up. He's a young kid just starting out and probably doesn't know you're supposed to wait until it's washed before sending a pic. He was excited to tell me it just got off the train.
Maybe because you asked the dealer to not let anyone drive it, the kid has a sense of humor and wanted to pull your leg.

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
When they come off the assembly line there's an army of kids that drive them over to the lot. It's only a mile or two depending on the vehicle. So it could have been raining in Toledo the day they drove it over.
I just pictured an army of toddlers driving Jeeps.