Dealer says they cannot activate Aux Switches in UConnect

Rizar325

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB
I have been following the posts regarding the Aux Switches being installed by the dealer after the fact as a dealer installed option. I had my dealer install them in my 2018 MOAB and when I picked it up none of them lit up nor was I abel to access them in the UConnect. I took it back in for them to to activate the switches in the UConnect and make sure they had power. They came out an hour later telling me they did everything right and there isn't anything they can do. They tried to tell me that there had to be something hooked to them for them to light up, the correct code was in my VIN saying they were dealer installed, and that there was no way for them to activate them in the UConnect. I stood my ground and they went back and redid the final steps of the install and came back and told me they now have them lighting up but there still was no way for them to activate it in the UConnect.

Needless to say I am pretty ticked off because I would rather them activate the switches instead of me doing it with the Tazer JL so that I don't risk voiding the warranty some how. I called another dealer and they said they know how to do it but will charge me $125.00 to do it.

Isn't there a user assistance group on here that helps with FCA or dealers? I am at my wits end and the only options for me right now are pay another $125 or buy the Tazer JL.

Any help is appreciated!
Sponsored

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
I have been following the posts regarding the Aux Switches being installed by the dealer after the fact as a dealer installed option. I had my dealer install them in my 2018 MOAB and when I picked it up none of them lit up nor was I abel to access them in the UConnect. I took it back in for them to to activate the switches in the UConnect and make sure they had power. They came out an hour later telling me they did everything right and there isn't anything they can do. They tried to tell me that there had to be something hooked to them for them to light up, the correct code was in my VIN saying they were dealer installed, and that there was no way for them to activate them in the UConnect. I stood my ground and they went back and redid the final steps of the install and came back and told me they now have them lighting up but there still was no way for them to activate it in the UConnect.

Needless to say I am pretty ticked off because I would rather them activate the switches instead of me doing it with the Tazer JL so that I don't risk voiding the warranty some how. I called another dealer and they said they know how to do it but will charge me $125.00 to do it.

Isn't there a user assistance group on here that helps with FCA or dealers? I am at my wits end and the only options for me right now are pay another $125 or buy the Tazer JL.

Any help is appreciated!
@JeepCares

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
If you paid the first dealer the $125 to "activate" the AUX switches they should refund that money. I'm pretty sure that is a standard fee; even for changing tire size, passed down from FCA. Either way: take it to the second dealer, the first doesn't know what they are doing. Pay them them the $125, or buy a Tazer JL.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
yes the activation fees are a standard fee of the 125. Ask them to credit you back that money or they should be able to contact another dealer service center for instruction on how to. Its seriously easy for them to do and this is the first I hear of a dealer saying they can't.

Sponsored

Buckleup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Jl 2.0
I just had one of the Aux switches installed (along with a hitch and connectors) . After the install they had to update the computer as an installed option and the update on my Uconnect didn’t show up for an hour. They told me when I left that it could show up in an hour or 24hrs. It cost me about $550 total for the Aux switch and install.

OP
OP

Rizar325

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB
How much did they charge you for the install? Just curious.
I had it installed along with the hitch and wiring with both trailer connectors. It ended up being just over $1000 for all the parts and labor.

OP
OP

Rizar325

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB
If you paid the first dealer the $125 to "activate" the AUX switches they should refund that money. I'm pretty sure that is a standard fee; even for changing tire size, passed down from FCA. Either way: take it to the second dealer, the first doesn't know what they are doing. Pay them them the $125, or buy a Tazer JL.
I think you are correct. I am probably going to just take it to the second dealer.

coachgrinnan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Buy the TAZER JL, especially if you ever want to add bigger tires or anything else

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
The lights on the switches themselves only illuminate when in use.

For example, when Aux 1 has been pressed and is in use it will illuminate.

I’m sure you knew that already but I said it so to not confuse anyone else.

Your dealership is being an ass because you paid them to install them which SHOULD include the flash. However, each dealership is independently owned. So, it sounds like you paid them to physically install them HOWEVER, they want you to pay additional to flash it.

I installed mine with a buddy of mine and then just went to have it flashed and added to build sheet afterwards and had no issues.

OP
OP

Rizar325

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB
The lights on the switches themselves only illuminate when in use.

For example, when Aux 1 has been pressed and is in use it will illuminate.

I’m sure you knew that already but I said it so to not confuse anyone else.

Your dealership is being an ass because you paid them to install them which SHOULD include the flash. However, each dealership is independently owned. So, it sounds like you paid them to physically install them HOWEVER, they want you to pay additional to flash it.

I installed mine with a buddy of mine and then just went to have it flashed and added to build sheet afterwards and had no issues.
They are telling me it isn't even possible. The technician was angrily telling me that it can only be in the UConnect if it was installed by the factory and that there are no wires even going to the UConnect system. They are standing their ground as absolutely stupid and ignorant They won't even tell me they want more money to activate it. How do convince them they can do it. I'm fed up with wasting my time trying to get them to do what I paid for. And on top of that my the time in my UConnect will not set correctly if I tell it to set by the GPS. Hopefully @JeepCares can do something. If not it is either the Taser JL or the other dealer.

Lacroix1

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara JL
I installed mine at the dealer after the purchase of my vehicle and ran through the same thing.
I went to another dealer to make sure the installation was correct and they refreshed my computer with the correct sales code for free, long story short, the tech told me to wait 24hrs for the AUX to show up in uConnect and they did, all good!

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Holy crap. They charged you that much and didn't finish the job? Wow.
I agree with you about the not finishing the job but 1k is probably about right.. I assume around $500 for parts and around $500 for labor.

This is where I save money because I do it all myself however I realize some people aren’t able to or don’t have the time which is totally understandable, however, I feel for this guy because it should have been done by now..
Sponsored