Sponsored

Dealer says they cannot activate Aux Switches in UConnect

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
They are telling me it isn't even possible. The technician was angrily telling me that it can only be in the UConnect if it was installed by the factory and that there are no wires even going to the UConnect system. They are standing their ground as absolutely stupid and ignorant They won't even tell me they want more money to activate it. How do convince them they can do it. I'm fed up with wasting my time trying to get them to do what I paid for. And on top of that my the time in my UConnect will not set correctly if I tell it to set by the GPS. Hopefully @JeepCares can do something. If not it is either the Taser JL or the other dealer.
Unless the next nearest dealership is super far away I’d go that route. Just take it in and have them flash it.

However, you could easily fight this. Just call in and ask for the service manager and when you get one ask for their boss and explain. Typically dealerships want to help you because they should want the repeat business.. The flash should have came with the install, that’s just crazy..
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rizar325

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB
Well I can't make this stuff up! I was just showing a friend of mine the Aux Switches and then I was telling him about them not activating them in the UConnect. So I went to show him were they would be and now they are there! I have checked in there for them several times since taking it back and asking them to activate them and they were NOT there. So note to all who do this: It mat take several DAYS or even weeks for them to show up in there. Now tomorrow I have to call the dealer and eat some crow.

As for cost, the wiring harness with both trailer wiring connections and the hitch receiver helped bump the price up.

JLJS74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4DR JL
Well I can't make this stuff up! I was just showing a friend of mine the Aux Switches and then I was telling him about them not activating them in the UConnect. So I went to show him were they would be and now they are there! I have checked in there for them several times since taking it back and asking them to activate them and they were NOT there. So note to all who do this: It mat take several DAYS or even weeks for them to show up in there. Now tomorrow I have to call the dealer and eat some crow.

As for cost, the wiring harness with both trailer wiring connections and the hitch receiver helped bump the price up.
why would you call the dealer and eat crow? he wasn’t offering to fix it, he didn’t say it was working but that you needed to give it a day to show up, etc. Just move on

Eric03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon U
Well crap, I need to check my switches too then. I also installed the aux switches and trailer tow package, and got nothing. I took it to the dealer I bought it from asking for the flash, and they stared at me like I had a dick growing out my forehead. They said they couldn’t/wouldn’t do it cause “the program from Mopar isn’t out yet.” So I called another dealership just outside of town they said no problem, it’s a 10 minute job, bring it in. Came in the next morning, 4 hours later, it still doesn’t work. They said I wired it wrong (the tow package), cause it was wired through the passenger side tail light, and it should have been the drivers side. I calmly stared right into his soul, holding back the rage, and said I followed the directions that came with the parts, as well as followed a couple videos online. The computer shows their installed, but nothing. Hooked up lights just to make sure since they won’t light up unless somethings connected...nothing. I checked my fuse box, and I didn’t have fuses in the slots that were allotted for the auxiliary lights. Not even ports for fuses to be installed. So I ordered a new fuse box for the trailer tow package, installed it, and still nothing. So my last ditch effort, I ordered a Tazed JL Mini. If this doesn’t work, I’m driving it off a cliff

Sponsored

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Had this happen with mine. Tried hooking cb up just to check and no power. I took the Jeep back to the dealer and they found one of the pins in the connector to the switch panel wasn’t seated. They repinned everything and all switches worked immediately - even with nothing hooked up.

GWM4Tennis

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Had this happen with mine. Tried hooking cb up just to check and no power. I took the Jeep back to the dealer and they found one of the pins in the connector to the switch panel wasn’t seated. They repinned everything and all switches worked immediately - even with nothing hooked up.
When the dealer repined the pins had you installed the AUX switches or did the switches come with your package from the manufacture.

RScibona0156

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I just had one of the Aux switches installed (along with a hitch and connectors) . After the install they had to update the computer as an installed option and the update on my Uconnect didn’t show up for an hour. They told me when I left that it could show up in an hour or 24hrs. It cost me about $550 total for the Aux switch and install.
I can confirm this that it took my Aux Switches 12hrs to show up in Uconnect yesterday. If your dealer does everything correct when you hit the aux switches you should see the amber light turn on for the switch. Then you just have to be patient for it to show up in Uconnect.

I will admit I was not the biggest fan of driving away from the dealership without seeing it in Uconnect but I guess this is just how is has to be with the Uconnect system.

Thanks for this post as I would have still been at the dealership as there were not notes in dealer connect that said it take a while to show up as we were all searching the forums and found your post.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I can confirm this that it took my Aux Switches 12hrs to show up in Uconnect yesterday. If your dealer does everything correct when you hit the aux switches you should see the amber light turn on for the switch. Then you just have to be patient for it to show up in Uconnect.

I will admit I was not the biggest fan of driving away from the dealership without seeing it in Uconnect but I guess this is just how is has to be with the Uconnect system.

Thanks for this post as I would have still been at the dealership as there were not notes in dealer connect that said it take a while to show up as we were all searching the forums and found your post.
@RScibona0156

After the dealer flashes to activate the Aux switches, (or you use a Tazer JL, etc. to turn on Aux) more often then not, you will not see Aux show up in UConnect immediately. But, you can do the following to more often then not, get Aux to show up right away in UConnect settings..

With the JL running, pull fuse F97 in the Power Distribution Center (PDC), wait 10 seconds and then re-insert the F97 fuse. Let the JL remain running for a minute or so then turn off the JL .....now restart the JL... Now go to UConnect settings... you will see Aux settings now...

This F97 fuse pull forces UConnect to reboot and of course the Aux that was flash enabled is now in UConnect / Aux settings..

RScibona0156

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
@RScibona0156

After the dealer flashes to activate the Aux switches, (or you use a Tazer JL, etc. to turn on Aux) more often then not, you will not see Aux show up in UConnect immediately. But, you can do the following to more often then not, get Aux to show up right away in UConnect settings..

With the JL running, pull fuse F97 in the Power Distribution Center (PDC), wait 10 seconds and then re-insert the F97 fuse. Let the JL remain running for a minute or so then turn off the JL .....now restart the JL... Now go to UConnect settings... you will see Aux settings now...

This F97 fuse pull forces UConnect to reboot and of course the Aux that was flash enabled is now in UConnect / Aux settings..

I will have to try that next time! Thanks for the tip!
Sponsored