Dealer says best to wait for 22's

dave2002ti

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 WK2
If you join Tread Lightly after 90 days as a member at the correct level you can get any Jeep for 1% under invoice. Even on special orders.

D
Sponsored

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
If you join Tread Lightly after 90 days as a member at the correct level you can get any Jeep for 1% under invoice. Even on special orders.

D
Thatā€™s not entirely accurate. Iā€™ve bought Jeeps through the FCA Affiliate Awards program/Tread Lightly before and its not ā€˜anyā€™ Jeep; Itā€™s ā€˜most new jeepsā€™ ... the welcome letter clearly states that; the 392 is not eligible based on the conversations I had with multiple dealers. Secondly, assuming nothing has changed since this past spring when I renewed my Tread Lightly membership, itā€™s only a 30 day wait on eligible Jeeps, not 90. šŸ‘

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Anyone know what invoice price is?

cpost6

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
Anyone know what invoice price is?

MSRP before any options is $73,500

Invoice before any options is $69,390

invoice for options is 10% less than MSRP cost of options rounded to nearest dollar. Ex. MSRP for Integrated off-road camera is $595, invoice is $536. Do same for color, MSRP $245 Invoice $220. Just calculate all your options. Add destination fees $1495 to both.
There is a 4 additional gallons of gas $9 fee added only to invoice cost.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Thatā€™s not entirely accurate. Iā€™ve bought Jeeps through the FCA Affiliate Awards program/Tread Lightly before and its not ā€˜anyā€™ Jeep; Itā€™s ā€˜most new jeepsā€™ ... the welcome letter clearly states that; the 392 is not eligible based on the conversations I had with multiple dealers. Secondly, assuming nothing has changed since this past spring when I renewed my Tread Lightly membership, itā€™s only a 30 day wait on eligible Jeeps, not 90. šŸ‘
i understand it to be eligible as itā€™s not listed in the excluded models:

Jeep Wrangler JL Dealer says best to wait for 22's FB9C3686-EB76-4891-86E8-86619CF49B45

sorry for the sideways photo

also thereā€™s hundreds of companies that qualify for affiliate pricing, so you may not actually need the tread lightly membership

Sponsored

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Samā€™s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
i understand it to be eligible as itā€™s not listed in the excluded models:

Jeep Wrangler JL Dealer says best to wait for 22's FB9C3686-EB76-4891-86E8-86619CF49B45

sorry for the sideways photo

also thereā€™s hundreds of companies that qualify for affiliate pricing, so you may not actually need the tread lightly membership
A dealer is not compelled to provide tread lightly discount, I believe most will not for the 392. Mine wouldnā€™t

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
A dealer is not compelled to provide tread lightly discount, I believe most will not for the 392. Mine wouldnā€™t
then that mustā€™ve been what it was with the 7 dealers I asked. ā€¦ All of them told me there was no affiliate pricing on the 392s; I assume then they meant there was none at their dealership.šŸ˜‰

Torn891

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Just sold. On the prowl for a 392
Hey Guys- Trying not to steal a thread- but is there any way to determine what dealers have allocations left than spend more time on the phone/e-mail than if I was cold calling for the cable company?

I have already tried three dealers two I have worked with previously (Criswell, Suresky and Liccardi) None have allocation or are still hung on ADM. Also shot Daniel at Gupton a note and yet to hear back

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Hey Guys- Trying not to steal a thread- but is there any way to determine what dealers have allocations left than spend more time on the phone/e-mail than if I was cold calling for the cable company?

I have already tried three dealers two I have worked with previously (Criswell, Suresky and Liccardi) None have allocation or are still hung on ADM. Also shot Daniel at Gupton a note and yet to hear back
That is the million dollar question, unfortunately.

I've seen it asked often on forums for many different vehicles, including here, and I have yet to find any real means to do it, at least with any of the brands that I've followed/purchased from.

Which really sucks, because as you've figured out, that makes it impossible to do a search for one by any other means other than calling each individual dealer.

It also sucks because it's not all that uncommon for a dealership to misleadingly accept an order/deposit for a vehicle without ever being up front to the customer that they do not in fact have any open allocations. That's more of the hope and pray strategy, as in they'll take your order and deposit, and then hope and pray that they actually get an allocation before you figure it out and walk.

Wish I had a better answer, but good luck with your search, and definitely keep us posted if you find anything to the contrary.

Sponsored

Torn891

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Just sold. On the prowl for a 392

I've seen it asked often on forums for many different vehicles, including here, and I have yet to find any real means to do it, at least with any of the brands that I've followed/purchased from.

Which really sucks, because as you've figured out, that makes it impossible to do a search for one by any other means other than calling each individual dealer.

It also sucks because it's not all that uncommon for a dealership to misleadingly accept an order/deposit for a vehicle without ever being up front to the customer that they do not in fact have any open allocations. That's more of the hope and pray strategy, as in they'll take your order and deposit, and then hope and pray that they actually get an allocation before you figure it out and walk.

Wish I had a better answer, but good luck with your search, and definitely keep us posted if you find anything to the contrary.

Hey ...I'll take the honest answer before the answer I want. So its very much appreciated.

I too watched from my First CJ7 bought used in 1994 waiting for this engine in a factory jeep. But im not willing to be dumb with a depreciating asset!

Deleted member 67726

MSRP before any options is $73,500

Invoice before any options is $69,390

invoice for options is 10% less than MSRP cost of options rounded to nearest dollar. Ex. MSRP for Integrated off-road camera is $595, invoice is $536. Do same for color, MSRP $245 Invoice $220. Just calculate all your options. Add destination fees $1495 to both.
There is a 4 additional gallons of gas $9 fee added only to invoice cost.
I did this math yesterday to explain to someone between my car trade ins, 2 of them, and buying this 392 at msrp, dealerships made about 15k off of me alone lol

Gotta have the car tho, right? Lol

Deleted member 67726

I struggled with the dealer allocation thing as well because I didn't place an order back in November like everyone else and I should have...the best way to know if a dealer has allocations, is they usually post the 392 to auto trader and ask msrp...I saw a few places in pa do this and it is eventually how I bought my 392 up in Albany New York for msrp...just my advice, if u wanted the car yesterday, just keep checking auto trader daily for updates...when dealers are struggling to sell it locally, they go to auto trader, in my opinion

baskethead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 89 Waggy, 14 Camaro SS, 20 Mojave, 21 392
I ended up joining a bunch of 392 facebook groups and was able to find one that way. I missed out on two at MSRP but was first to respond to a dealer on a third. Now impatiently waiting for it to be built

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Id action now. One member mentioned ā€œgoing back to normalā€ā€¦noā€¦The pricing we are all seeing IS the new normal, and sooner rather than later mfgā€™s are going to start raising prices to cover the increased costs of materials and shipping. Governments around the country already assessed higher taxation value on vehicles middle last fall and are carrying it through. Ill pay more in taxes in 21 and 22 on my Jeep than i paid when it was new in 20, because they added 5% value each year.

these inflated costs are the new normal and are here to stay, people.
Sponsored