Dealer says best to wait for 22's

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
So you're saying Stellantis makes 80k profit per vehicle?
No no no: I was speaking about total or gross revenue per unit. They gross that and possibly more.

For clarity, here’s what I was thinking of for gross profit and net profit:

[(Sales price - cost)] = Gross profit

[(Sales price - cost)] x 0.03 = Net profit.

I am assuming that 97% of whatever their gross profit is gets funneled back into their business but I haven’t looked at their actual numbers and I really don’t know.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
No no no: I was speaking about total or gross revenue per unit. They gross that and possibly more.

For clarity, here’s what I was thinking of for gross profit and net profit:

[(Sales price - cost)] = Gross profit

[(Sales price - cost)] x 0.03 = Net profit.

I am assuming that 97% of whatever their gross profit is gets funneled back into their business but I haven’t looked at their actual numbers and I really don’t know.
Just bare in mind that while calculating what the profit of each 392 they sell is, they will also have to take into account whatever increased fines or fees for not meeting any new EPA standards or requirements that they may face, but there's no guarantee that those changes would be steep enough to cancel the 392, or that they will change at all, at least in the near term.

Just my .02

cpost6

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
Supposedly Wrangler 2021 builds end Dec 4th and 2022 begins Dec 6th. '22 orders would open sometime in the fall (~Sept). Don't think there's been any confirmation that there'll be '22 392s, but I'd think there's a good chance since they seem to be doing so well.
I wouldn’t count on a 2022 until there is definite confirmation. I’ll believe it once I see proof! That’s why I ordered 2!

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
Oh they will. The cost vs profit for these highly coveted machines is ridiculously good for the dealer and the manufacturer.

If 12 units sell at average MSRP $80K (most sell well over), that’s an additional $960K added to the company’s bottom line. If there are +/- 100 available per month, that’s an additional $10M to be had.

It just makes good business sense.
I agree with you that they will produce 2022's and likely 2023's and perhaps beyond.

Jeep doesn't profit 80K. Markups go to the dealers (stealers :)).

But Jeep has NRE to recoup. Not going to happen in only one year of production (2021).

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
Just bare in mind that while calculating what the profit of each 392 they sell is, they will also have to take into account whatever increased fines or fees for not meeting any new EPA standards or requirements that they may face, but there's no guarantee that those changes would be steep enough to cancel the 392, or that they will change at all, at least in the near term.

Just my .02
As long as they are selling, they'll build them. Price be damned! :)

As long as they are producing the JL platform, I think there will be a 392 option. For the next platform, likely not. My .02.

Sponsored

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Not sure why you’d wait until for a 2022. Unless there is some change in packaging (like not having it fully loaded), I think all we‘ll see is a price increase.

I guess maybe a couple of new colors.

I doubt they will change the packaging if they are selling everyone they make currently

and then you’ll be waiting even longer as you waited that long to order

MonopoliJLUR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Not sure why you’d wait until for a 2022. Unless there is some change in packaging (like not having it fully loaded), I think all we‘ll see is a price increase.

I guess maybe a couple of new colors.

I doubt they will change the packaging if they are selling everyone they make currently

and then you’ll be waiting even longer as you waited that long to order
i just ordered from a dealer here in Canada, and they told me the prices are already going up next month and after that the only place they’ll go is farther up

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
A bird in the hand.... I’d scoop one up and drive it for 6 months more and likely for less money.

I love my granite, but I love every black, sting grey, Rubi, Sarge green and silver one I see.

CPO Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, Black w/red
I ordered my Ruby . It was built in January 21. Right now in my area, you will be lucky to find a new Wrangler 4Dr due to the shortage. I was told that as of June 1, many dealers are only taking orders and delivery could be as late a Dec/Jan22

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
For that kind of money I don’t understand why one wouldn’t pay to have a hemi put in their jeep aftermarket there’s some reputable conversions out and then you wouldn’t have The sensors and computer and no stop start and other problems it wouldn’t cost as much money as what they’re paying for those new ones. And there’s a lot of different things that can be done with the aftermarket crews. 😎

Sponsored

OP
OP
thegame81

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

For that kind of money I don’t understand why one wouldn’t pay to have a hemi put in their jeep aftermarket there’s some reputable conversions out and then you wouldn’t have The sensors and computer and no stop start and other problems it wouldn’t cost as much money as what they’re paying for those new ones. And there’s a lot of different things that can be done with the aftermarket crews. 😎
Aren't 6.4 conversions like around 30k? I'm pretty sure. Besides I built a Rubicon last year the way I'd want it and it was just over 60k with all the options. A 392 essentially would give you that hemi conversion for 15k with a factory warranty. Makes sense to me!

Deleted member 67726

The car is definitely overhyped, the 392...I love it and I understand it was "perfectly" engineered by the srt team lol, but cmon it is still factory crap...like I have to redo these shitty rock rails, bumpers, suspension, exhaust pipes, under Armour especially for the low oil pan, etc., still a basic factory jeep in my opinion lol, much better than the other basic factory jeeps they make, but if jeep wants to really impress me, make it so I don't need to upgrade a damn thing about it!....like at a minimum they put better rock rails on the rubicon recon edition...and on a launch edition 392 rubicon they revert back to the crappy basic rubicon rockers lol clowns!

cpost6

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
The car is definitely overhyped, the 392...I love it and I understand it was "perfectly" engineered by the srt team lol, but cmon it is still factory crap...like I have to redo these shitty rock rails, bumpers, suspension, exhaust pipes, under Armour especially for the low oil pan, etc., still a basic factory jeep in my opinion lol, much better than the other basic factory jeeps they make, but if jeep wants to really impress me, make it so I don't need to upgrade a damn thing about it!....like at a minimum they put better rock rails on the rubicon recon edition...and on a launch edition 392 rubicon they revert back to the crappy basic rubicon rockers lol clowns!
When did you get you 392?

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392; 2018 JLUR (sold); 2016 JKU (sold)
Jeep could definitely do that, but not for $75k. If they built a $100k version with all the upgrades you mention, people would then complain that it's not the suspension they wanted, it's not the exhaust they wanted, it's not the bumpers they wanted, etc. This way you get to choose which upgrades to make and how to make them. I think we are damn lucky they came out with this engine option from the factory with a factory warranty. The rest is up to us. That's what makes us Jeepers!

Deleted member 67726

Slapped together? On the contrary, everything on the 392 was either borrowed from the Gladiator (suspension and payload improvements vs. the standard JL), added to the global lineup (full-time 4x4) or engineered specifically to make the whole package work (hood scoop and cooling system)... the SRT name is no more, but those folks have more experience than anyone else in the industry turning "let's drop a V8 in it" into a showroom-ready product.

The Charger sees more fleet/police sales than private, but they've kept the Scat Pack package around for 5+ years...
It was still slapped together...we all bought this car for the engine alone and thats it...rubicon recon editions come with nicer rocker rails in my opinion lol and I've owned the gladiator, jk unlimited and a renegade...trust me I know what they took from this jeep car or that one...including the oil filter is the same as a 2015 renegade oil filter lol
Sponsored