Sponsored

Dealer said they cannot recalibrate speedometer.

Gron86

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Called up my local dealer and asked if they could recalibrate my speedometer to accommodate my 35’s. The service rep told me they have no way of doing it. Only way would be to purchase a aftermarket programmer.
Sponsored

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Called up my local dealer and asked if they could recalibrate my speedometer to accommodate my 35’s. The service rep told me they have no way of doing it. Only way would be to purchase a aftermarket programmer.
Is the dealer a Jeep dealer? Because - even FCA has published a documentation and a cost rate card to charge you on how to do this. They do it via software. Go to a different dealer.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Time to find another dealership. While I'd argue you'll get more bang for your buck with a programmer, the dealership method of adjusting your speedometer is plastered all over the Internet and it'd take them a few minutes to look it up and perform it.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
When I put had my tires put on, I asked the dealership about the calibration and they asked why it would be needed.

Sponsored

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing
When I put had my tires put on, I asked the dealership about the calibration and they asked why it would be needed.
That proves you're way smarter than your dealer. Its also scary that your dealer would ask that? Good thing they didnt put your Jeep together.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
That's a load of frickin' horse hockey! I think my speedo recal cost me $125 at my local dealership in Temple, TX.

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
My local dealer today quoted me $175 for the software and $100 labor!!!

Sponsored

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing
Since it takes about 5 minutes of actual labor that is the equivalent of $1200/hr Even super expense Divorce attorneys don't charge that much.

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Can anyone else share quotes they got for this work to compare??? I know there is a minimum but damn some dealers have no shame! Hopefully you have another Jeep dealer in your area to ask or better yet a local 4x4 shop!

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
My dealer said they can calibrate my speedometer for $250 but they cannot do anything about the PSI and that "NO DEALER IS ALLOWED TO CHANGE THAT". I responded: Interesting, lots of dealerships are doing it based on what I've read on the forums...

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I’m having dealer swap Rubi wheels in my sport tomorrow. Over phone they said $115 ... $40 for wheel swap, $75 for speedo. I’m in chicago area. I’ll share final bill when done.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
I’m having dealer swap Rubi wheels in my sport tomorrow. Over phone they said $115 ... $40 for wheel swap, $75 for speedo. I’m in chicago area. I’ll share final bill when done.
Mind sharing which dealer? Always good to know which ones aren't into gouging.
Sponsored