Dealer refused to rotate my tires unless I pay them $70 extra for wave

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Took her in for my 3rd Jeep Wave service. I expected that to include an oil change and tire rotation at the least. Instead the service tech came out and said "We noticed that you have over sized tires (they are 35s). That's going to be an extra $70 if you want us to do that, because Chrysler wont allow us to do it under the Jeep Wave". That's was that, and I left with only any oil change. This bothered me, so I called the dealer that I usually go to in Bedford Hills NY. They, did some quick checking and told me bring it in because it is covered, and they will do the rotation free of charge. So in conclusion, stay far away from Pamby Motors in Ridgefield CT. This is not the first unsavory encounter I have had with them, but this time I am done. Remember run don't walk away from Pamby Motors.
Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
We have a similar thing here with fixed priced servicing for the first 5 or so services. They wanted to charge extra for rotating the wheels.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

honestly right a detailed review on google and yelp. this tends to really make the stealership unhappy and helps with steering customers away from using them. i did this at a local dealership after two terrible experience's with my local dealer with warranty work and terrible craftsmanship i wrote out a massive review and contacted jeep cares with pictures. it didnt take long for the GM to contact me and "try to make it right" i told him i wouldnt even give them a third chance nor would i remove my reviews. after breaking every wire clip on the transmission after fixing a rear main seal that failed at 4K miles and then saying the refuse to fix it as there is no way to do it....... its 6 .30cent clips. and some time to remove the pieces they broke that are in the mounting points. and all the fighting to get them to properly inspect the clutch that they didnt do. i gave up took my jeep home and hope that it never catches fire. but the fact that my reviews have been seen by a few hundred people i hope that it does effect the dealers service department and they dont get the customers so they are not treated the way i was.

Hitdog540

First Name
Howie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2015BMW 550xi
Occupation
Retired
I always make sure I go back to where I purchased my Jeep. Loyalty makes it more
difficult for them to say no...future sales and referrals. JMO

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
honestly right a detailed review on google and yelp. this tends to really make the stealership unhappy and helps with steering customers away from using them. i did this at a local dealership after two terrible experience's with my local dealer with warranty work and terrible craftsmanship i wrote out a massive review and contacted jeep cares with pictures. it didnt take long for the GM to contact me and "try to make it right" i told him i wouldnt even give them a third chance nor would i remove my reviews. after breaking every wire clip on the transmission after fixing a rear main seal that failed at 4K miles and then saying the refuse to fix it as there is no way to do it....... its 6 .30cent clips. and some time to remove the pieces they broke that are in the mounting points. and all the fighting to get them to properly inspect the clutch that they didnt do. i gave up took my jeep home and hope that it never catches fire. but the fact that my reviews have been seen by a few hundred people i hope that it does effect the dealers service department and they dont get the customers so they are not treated the way i was.
Man I wish dealers would care about their reviews. I was literally told once by the dealership I used to go to that no one reads those and they don't care! LOL. Shit flows downhill.

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
I only have the dealerships do warranty work. Rotation of tires is to easy and definitely not worth more then $25. If I have to pay for repairs I use other shops where I can talk directly with the mechanic, but I am fortunate to have a number of custom Jeep shops close to me.

Dealerships don’t make high profits from selling cars, they make it from serving cars.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Spearmin

I just sent an email to the higher ups at Pamby Jeep in Ridgefield. Gave them a link to this thread. 8-)

Think they care what their customer(s) thinks of them.... doubtful, but wanted to let them know we were talking about them and in a negative manner :LOL:

[email protected] Service Director
[email protected] Principle Owner
[email protected] Service and Parts Director

MyLilPonyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2012 McLaren 12C
I was pleasantly surprised when I went in for my first free Jeep Wave oil change, was not expecting them to rotate the aftermarket 35s, and the service advisor asked me if I wanted them rotated free of charge. I asked if they would do the 35s and she (service advisor) said of course. So at least the first time I went in to use the Jeep Wave they rotated them free of charge.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Ugh. Them Jeep dealers I tell you... :mad:

Can you have them rotated where you bought the 35" tires?

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I only have the dealerships do warranty work. Rotation of tires is to easy and definitely not worth more then $25. If I have to pay for repairs I use other shops where I can talk directly with the mechanic, but I am fortunate to have a number of custom Jeep shops close to me.

Dealerships don’t make high profits from selling cars, they make it from serving cars.
I have the same plan. They only get warranty work. I am lucky that the tire shop I buy all my tires from will rotate my stock tires for free. They know I will buying the replacements from them. If I want them balanced I would have to pay $60 so I will do it once at 30,000 miles and by 60,000 miles I will probably be ready for new wheels and tires.

Word of mouth is powerful and I let people know about the experience I had at the dealership I flew to in order to pickup my JLUR in Idaho. My local dealer, even looking at the offer from Peterson Jeep in Nampa, wouldn't budge below Invoice pricing and couldn't figure out why I would travel to save $8000. The local dealer mandates a $1600 lifetime oil service agreement and didn't even have a 6-speed manual in stock. The salesman told me he would call me, but must not have noticed that I never wrote down my number. When I see someone asking about a good deal on Facebook I always post the Wrangler Deals link so they can see competing dealers that offer 5% below invoice or higher.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Well, I really dont blame them for charging. But, $70 is a little excessive. Ever do it yourself? It's not that big of a deal.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
When I had the V41 Recall done I threw in a Jeep Wave tire rotation. My dealer charged an extra $10 since my tires were “oversized” and not stock(33s on a Sport, lol.) They’re actually a great dealer both sales and service but it did give me a chuckle. The $10 wasn’t worth the annoyance proving tire size doesn’t matter.
Sponsored