Sponsored

Dealer put too much oil in... again. ( 2.0 turbo)

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
2FAB65CC-F582-41B4-920F-9A04681FE8FF.jpeg
Even though I attached a tag to the oil cap that reads “5 quarts only”, the dealership service department poured in 6. I picked up the Jeep at the end of the day, so they had to give me a nearly base model loaner...

Meet my loaner.. ugh. Why can’t they get this right? I’m not upset with the dealership. This is a FCA issue that needs to be addressed with the DSD’s.
Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Times my JL has had 6 quarts added = 0

Times my JL has had oil change by anyone other than me = 0

;)

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
I'm wondering if ther dipstick is wrong, mine seemed overfilled at my first change so I did a second myself early. 5 at jug after a hot drain of the pan and filter still showed 1/2 - 3/4" above full. No dents in the pan, OEM size WIX filter. Weird right?

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Times my JL has had 6 quarts added = 0

Times my JL has had oil change by anyone other than me = 0

;)
I'm with you!

Just received my large box of Amsoil 5w-30SAE oil today (I am not using the 0w-20SAE that is recommended for maximum fuel efficiency. I am going by what the research shows is better engine protection.) Ordered 4 one gallon containers (case) plus 6 single quarts. Enough for 4 oil changes plus a couple of quarts extra. I always fill to what the dipstick shows as full. Will do the 1st oil change at 1000 miles. The dealership will NOT touch my Wrangler except for recalls and warranty work. Jeep Wave informed me that I can submit my receipts for the 4 oil changes, that they normally provide, and get reimbursed.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L

Sponsored

OP
OP
Crusifix

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
I agree. I’m just taking advantage of the 4 free changes and tire rotations. I usually do all of my own repairs and services. It just seems like these guys should be able to get an oil change correct. I have two Wave services left. I may just have them do the rotations and omit the oil. As far as the dip stick goes, it was scored by me with 5 quarts in it after the last change. I just filed a notch into the dipstick after the first change to mark the correct location. The oil level this time was almost to the bent pet of the stick. And they listed 6 quarts on the service invoice.

Last edited:

Katej1213

First Name
Kate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Occupation
Paralegal
I'm wondering if ther dipstick is wrong, mine seemed overfilled at my first change so I did a second myself early. 5 at jug after a hot drain of the pan and filter still showed 1/2 - 3/4" above full. No dents in the pan, OEM size WIX filter. Weird right?
My oil level always looks overfilled, like it's almost to the bent part in the dip stick. When I last got my oil changed, my paperwork said they put in 5 quarts, but the oil on the dipstick was up so high that I opted to change the oil myself to make sure it was correct. Surprisingly, it was only 5 quarts of oil, but it still shows extremely high levels on my dipstick for some reason.

srt20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Mine is the same.
I changed my own oil, add 5 qts and it overfull according to the dots.
Whatever, its got 5 qts. And it came that way from factory too, a little over the dots.

And even if it actually is a little overfull, ie not all 5 qts draining, that little amount will harm nothing.
Sponsored