Sponsored

Dealer put "Anything less than a 10 on the survey is failing" on my Invoice.. How about delivering service that warrants a 10?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
It's deep rooted corprate culture that has to change if customer service is going to improve with FCA-Stallanits brands. FCA is usually at the bottom of every QC, customer service, even supplier polls. Hopefully the Frogs from Peugeot will bring something positive to the table.

A lot of other car brands/dealers offer sub par customer service. FCA is just the worse of the worse. Some brands are trying or have improved the customer experience. A few brands like Toyota spun off luxury brands like Lexus in a attempt to "up" or improve the dealer service -customer experience. Is FCA trying to do the same with the Wagoneer?

It looks like Stallantis might be trying to steal a page from Toyota/Lexus. FCA /Stallantis might even be trying to isolate the Wagoneer from JEEP. There are no JEEP markings on a GRAND Wagoneer. FCA/Stallantis is trying to develop a 2-tier service experience for Wagoneer owners. It's 2-tier because the Grand Wagoneer is sold alongside Jeep products in the same dealerships. For now anyway, I hear FCA/Stallantis wants dealers to build seperate buildings for the Grand Wagoneer. For now the Grand Wagoneer customers are supposed to be treated "better" than regular JEEP customer by the same service teams. You think the same shitty service team that provides shitty service to lowly JEEP customers can do that? Can D and F grade service teams be trained lto act like a "A" team on and off when they see a Wagoneer customer? They should all win Oscars if they can pull it off.

Will the Wagoneer be a spin off brand? FCA want's JEEP dealers to build totally separate buildings to sell and service the Wagoneer also. Kind of how they did with FIAT, Alfa Romeo, Maserati. Unfortunately we all know how that is working out for the FIAT brands.
Sponsored

Last edited:

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
Over the last 5 years Iā€™ve had zero positive experiences at any dealership Iā€™ve been to, but according to some (everybody gets a trophy type) people Iā€™m still supposed to give a perfect survey to them all!

Iā€™d love to be schooled on how these surveys are supposed to help the company improveā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..if we give a 10 for a 5 experience everybody except the customer feels all is well in the current dealership model, which we all know it isnā€™t.

I will repeat!!!! Salespersons and the dealership model canā€™t go away fast enough. Before the internet they were somewhat useful, but now most of us know more about the vehicle we are interested in than any salesperson on the lot.

Letā€™s also not forget that the price we definitely shouldnā€™t go above is on the MANUFACTURERS website!

Soon with EVs, we wonā€™t need them for service eitherā€¦ā€¦ā€¦So bye bye dealersā€¦ā€¦.youā€™ve done it to yourself.

If you could truly provide an exceptional customer experience then you might survive, but if you keep asking for and getting a trophy for a 5 effort, then itā€™s time for you to go extinct.

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
I picked up my Jeep the other day, and prominently displayed on my invoice was the following:

IF FOR ANY REASON, YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO SCORE US WITH THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE MARKS ON THE SURVEY, PLEASE LET US KNOW.
I NEVER give a 10 on any survey as whoever it is ALWAYS needs to do better even if they did great, it's call continuous improvement!

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
This is what a 1-10 scale looks like to me, or rather close to this. As a person in the industry pointed out, you need to look at the calibration the survey is looking for. On the Stellantis survey, they specifically call out a 10 as "Completely Satisfied". This equates to a 7 on my scale, or a 5 on your scale. Their scale makes no allowances for anything above and beyond a 5 on your scale.

Stupid and broken system..

do understand calibration, and see the argument the gentleman made in the thread earlier. If the survey says make a 10 for meets expectations, it is fair to be expected to mark a 10 if expectations are met. If the survey instructions say a 10 is for exceeds expectations, than your standards or mine are more than fair.

I also agree with what someone said earlier.. if a "10" is considered meets expectations, then having 9 degrees of doesn't meet expectations is rather stupid and pointless. It should be a simple "Did our service meet your expectations: yes / no" ... and be done with it.. "1-9 no" makes absolutely no sense.
As one who annually spends a fair amount on class 8 road service, I don't mind paying someone to do a job, but at least do the job I am paying for.
I wholeheartedly agree with your consensus that 10 is a yes, and 1-9 is a no, is a stupid idea.

Initial-Jeep

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392XR Tuscadero, PT Cruiser Dream Cruisers 2&4
Occupation
Data Engineer, Retired Air Force
I NEVER give a 10 on any survey as whoever it is ALWAYS needs to do better even if they did great, it's call continuous improvement!
Does that include how you fill out surveys? šŸ˜

Sponsored

JEEPmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 2dr
I wish I could fill out a survey on the survey. It's a completely flawed process for all involved...and the other manufacturers are no better than Jeep at the way the survey is conducted.

Customers are blackmailed into giving a 10, or at risk of even worse service from the service department in the future.

The service departments are at the mercy of "Karen".

All in all, it's a big lose/lose situation for all parties.

Mutlkey53

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL, purchased new in April 2021
I picked up my Jeep the other day, and prominently displayed on my invoice was the following:

IF FOR ANY REASON, YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO SCORE US WITH THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE MARKS ON THE SURVEY, PLEASE LET US KNOW.
  • - REVIEWED MULTI POINT INSPECTION
  • - E-MAIL ADDRESS CONFIRMED
  • - DISCUSSED SURVEY / MY REPORT CARD
  • - CONFIRMED 10ā€™S ARE ONLY PASSING SCORE
Here is the deal, if you are going to continue to deliver the same sh1tty service, the best that you can hope for is that I am not going to waste any more additional time in filling out the survey. For reference, my 2018 JLU is still under warranty until this summer. I purchased it in summer of 2019. I only use the dealer for warranty issues, as my experience with them is sub optimal at best. I even pay an oil change place to do my oil changes, as I don't trust the dealer to get the two years of changes at no extra charge done correctly. I will not let them rotate my tires either.

With the exception of one instance, my dealership is clearly confused on what sort of service is reasonable for a customer to expect considering the rates that they charge. Here is what I expect: (@JeepCares , FYI)
  1. I call the dealer service center to make an appointment. I discuss what I think I need done on my Jeep. The service writer puts this into the service order. The service writer is experienced, and asks questions about issues I may be having, so see if additional services need to be done. Unbeknownst to me, these questions stem from items such as TSBs that would affect my Jeep that I may not be aware of.
  2. Based on time, materials, and technician availability, the service writer negotiates an appointment. (I expect the parts that are needed for the agreed upon services to be in stock when I arrive, as they know I am coming)
  3. I bring my vehicle in at the agreed time. The service writer pulls my ticket, reviews what we discussed needs to be done, makes and additional notes, and I am on my way.
  4. I may get a progress call mid day from the service writer to let me know if things are on track.
  5. I come back to the service center. The service writer and I review what was done. I pay my bill, and leave.

That is what a SEVEN looks like. That is what I expect to be done. This is a reasonable ask, as this is the level of service I get with my cars at the BMW, Mercedes, Audi, GMC, Chevrolet, Ford, and Tesla dealers in the past. I end of putting 10ā€™s on these surveys, as I got tired of service managers calling me up asking what was wrong.. and having to explain that I am paying a premium, I have high expectations. When you do what you are supposed to do, that gets you a 7. In this everyone gets a trophy culture, it is less hassle for me to mark it as a 10. I should give Tesla a 12 in comparison, as they have reached out to me to let me know when my airbag needed replacing. They sent a tech out to the parking lot when I was in the emergency room and did the airbag replacement on site. Doesnā€™t get much better than that for service. Another story, for another time.

The level of ā€œserviceā€ I consistently get from my Jeep dealer warrants a 2. I am being generous, as that is because the service manager is a nice lady. The infrastructure around her is what is failing. Here was my latest experience:

I called the service center to make an appointment. I told the service writer that answered the phone all the info they needed to look up my account. I requested the following services:

1) Anything they needed to do for an annual service, minus any oil changes, or differential fluid fills.
2) I needed the clutch recall done.
3) I was still having wandering steering issues on the freeway. I wanted TSB 08-074-20 done

The service writer suggested a date to do those services. It was two weeks out, which was fine.

The next day, I called in again, as I forgot something. My ESS was not working. They had replaced the AUX battery once before. That corrected the problem for about a month. At this point, it didnā€™t matter how long I put in on the battery tender; ESS will would not enable. The service writer said that I would need to reschedule, as that would require additional time. That was fine, it was just scheduled for one day later than the previous one. No problem.

I bring the Jeep in. The service writer pulls up my ticket. This was the third service writer that I was working with. The ticket was empty. Nothing is in it. The service writer was aware that someone with my name had an appointment for that day and time, that was it.

I work with the service writer to rebuild my service request for the four things that I wanted done. I called my Uber, and went home.

I received a call just after lunch from the service writer. She told me that:

1) The wandering steering was caused by my aftermarket lift kit
2) The ESS failure problem was being caused by my after market stereo.
3) The clutch recall had been done
4) My engine air filter and cabin air filter had been replaced.
5) My Jeep was ready to be picked up.

So, I have read the TSB.. it is pretty clear, it says to fix it.. and has a specific paragraph about how to handle after market lift kits. I explained to the service writer that my lift kit was professionally installed, and that the 2.5ā€ lift and 35ā€ tires are well within FCAs specification limits; as is called out in the TSB. I also told the service writer that I needed her to update my ticket with: ā€œThe customer requested that TSB 08-074-20 be performed, and we refused to do itā€..

I was put on hold.

I was then told that the TSB would be done. They would call me later in the day.

I got a call later in the day to let me know the parts were not in yet, and they would be in tomorrow. I was fine with that.

Tomorrow comes, I get a call letting me know that not all the parts had come in. It would take a week. Did I want to leave the Jeep with them, or pick it up? I told them I would pick up the Jeep, and bring it in after the holidays. I was told that they needed to keep the ticket open so that the parts that had come in didnā€™t go to another work order.. (hint: donā€™t make the customer care about your inventory management incompetence)

I asked about the ESS issue I was having, as I forgot to push back on that earlier. I was told that it was fixed with a software update. (which, sounded like BS)

So, I have my Jeep back for a week. I have that cool new gear indicator on the dash.

ESS still isnā€™t working. I checked the single lead for my audio equipment with a Fluke amp clamp to see if there was any fantom draw from it, there was none. I went ahead and disconnected it from the battery anyway.

I went ahead and charged the batters with my CTEK 7202 for 72 hours. Verified that the voltage on both the main and AUX batteries was correct. 12.3V. I did not load test.

I checked the relay to see if it was working. The Fluke registered 0V, which is what it should be if that is working.

The EVIC was reporting 14.6V, which means that the system was trying to charge the batteries, even though the voltage and the CTEK said they were likely fully charged.

I called the Service Writer up again. Confirmed that we still had an appointment. I let her know that the ESS was still failing, exactly what tests I had done, and that I needed them to look at it.

I also let her know that the TSB had been updated, and there was now an additional part. The updated TSB number was 08-003-21 REV A,and it was dated November 20, 2021. (we are in January at this point).

I came in for my new appointment, as scheduled.

None of the updates I had given her were in the ticket.

We went over what I wanted done, and I contacted Uber and went home.

I got a call in the afternoon to let me know everything was done, and that I could pick up the Jeep. Called an Uber, went back to the dealer.

I took a look at the parts list. The TSB that was performed was one revision old, and not the newest revision. I figured his out from the parts list.

I looked at the work item for the ESS. The tech tested the batteries, noted that the main battery had failed. Said ā€œREPLACED BATTERY AND RETESTEDā€ .. the parts list shows the part number for the AUX battery, and not the main battery.

My ESS worked on the drive home. It has not worked since. I put the batteries on the CTEK for three days. ESS still does not work.

I got a call a few days later from my Service Writer asking me how I was doing. I told her that the steering was improved, but the ESS was still failing and that I would try a few things to make sure it was still failing, and then schedule an appointment to bring it in again.

She let me know that I should have an email to fill out a suvey, and that anything less than a 10 was failing. When I filled in the survey, her Service Manager would let her know, and they would have a Starbucks Gift card for me!

WOW, A STARBUCKS GIFT CARD. I have a better idea.. how about, DELIVER THE SERVICE I PAY FOR. I donā€™t really need a Starbucks card. I can swing my own coffee.

I also understand this dealership gives folks free oil changes in exchange for good reviews on Google.

This dealer owns several Jeep stores in my area. I understand the customer experience is pretty sad at all of them.
I work for a large employer in the area, with an active car group chat. Similar stories are told with other FCA products.. including Ferrari and Maserati. Seems there are systemic issues all around.
Jeep service in NZ is terrible too. Took the new (2 months old at the time) into local dealer for ESS problem. They said they had fixed the software issue as well as some brake update that I was never contacted about. They didn't put the software issue on the works ticket, and so there is no record. A month later the ESS fails again, and my wife is stuck outside the vet's with a sick dog. Took the JL all the way back to the Jeep dealer in Wellington (400 km) and was stuck there for two days while they mucked around fixing it. We carry a jump-pack under the seat for the next time the JL shites itself. Crap service, and unreliable ESS.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep service in NZ is terrible too. Took the new (2 months old at the time) into local dealer for ESS problem. They said they had fixed the software issue as well as some brake update that I was never contacted about. They didn't put the software issue on the works ticket, and so there is no record. A month later the ESS fails again, and my wife is stuck outside the vet's with a sick dog. Took the JL all the way back to the Jeep dealer in Wellington (400 km) and was stuck there for two days while they mucked around fixing it. We carry a jump-pack under the seat for the next time the JL shites itself. Crap service, and unreliable ESS.
Sorry to hear.

Jeep is indeed doing a wonderful job mimicking Land Rover around the world, crappy reliability and all.

Logalinipoo

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlur diesel, 2011 grand cherokee overland sum
That's funny, I virtually never give top scores. It's impossible to give top service every time. And it's not even common.

rayvonp

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Truck Driver
They canā€™t be any worse than the service department at Olympia Jeep

Sponsored

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
i never reply to their surveys. i just let them swing in the wind.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
give Larson a try. not saying it's all rainbows and glitter, but so far it's not horrible.
Thatā€™s just it: most Jeep dealers deserve to be rated on the 1-3 end of the scale.

Those who expect a 10 clearly got the scale inverted... šŸ˜«