Sponsored

Dealer put "Anything less than a 10 on the survey is failing" on my Invoice.. How about delivering service that warrants a 10?

Guitar Man

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler S 2dr
Occupation
"Honey Do" List
Got my new JL Sport S last week. How long before I get the survey?

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
A 9 is my top score when filling out any survey.

10 would mean that everything is perfect and can't be improved. The dealer has never contacted me with any gripes about how I score them.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
35 months, still waiting on that survey. EVERY dealer has that same statement of it must be a 10 or we fail (I.E. don't make bonus). A survey is used to make improvements. If you demand all customers give a 10 then it's a waste of time without any constructive feedback.

Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

35 months, still waiting on that survey. EVERY dealer has that same statement of it must be a 10 or we fail (I.E. don't make bonus). A survey is used to make improvements. If you demand all customers give a 10 then it's a waste of time without any constructive feedback.
Very True - Jeep is not using the survey to make improvements - only to pay/punish the dealerships. And yes...many many dealerships deserve low marks, that is 100% true. But don't make the mistake that your survey will influence anything that Jeep corporate might do in the future

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
After the paperwork was signed and I was ready to pull away in my new JLU, I do remember the Sales Manager and my salesman mentioning that a survey would eventually be sent to me, and the importance of "high ratings", or something to that effect, when completing it.

It's just as well that I didn't ever receive said survey, since I had no intention of awarding 10s in any single category. I sold myself my new Jeep; the salesman was politely clueless on several softball questions that I asked during my test drives, etc.

Further, the cut-rate showroom aesthetic and overall delivery experience was such that truthful survey ratings of 6 or 7, maybe an 8, might have earned me a cranky phone call. So, it's just as well that we never got the chance to get on each other's nerves.

It's not, but should be, difficult to imagine how the same staff, standing in the same showroom after having just provided the same delivery experience, would ask or expect the buyer of a new $100K Wagoneer to award them 10s for the same downmarket delivery experience.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

After the paperwork was signed and I was ready to pull away in my new JLU, I do remember the Sales Manager and my salesman mentioning that a survey would eventually be sent to me, and the importance of "high ratings", or something to that effect, when completing it.

It's just as well that I didn't ever receive said survey, since I had no intention of awarding 10s in any single category. I sold myself my new Jeep; the salesman was politely clueless on several softball questions that I asked during my test drives, etc.

Further, the cut-rate showroom aesthetic and overall delivery experience was such that truthful survey ratings of 6 or 7, maybe an 8, might have earned me a cranky phone call. So, it's just as well that we never got the chance to get on each other's nerves.

It's not, but should be, difficult to imagine how the same staff, standing in the same showroom after having just provided the same delivery experience, would ask or expect the buyer of a new $100K Wagoneer to award them 10s for the same downmarket delivery experience.
So true - my Seattle dealer whom I have arrived at fair prices for my Jeep and previously a Ram 1500, simply doesn't have the facilities to appropriately show and deliver $100K vehicles. It is in a marginal location (think hookers walking up and down the street) is too small, and is severely warn out on the inside - it is no where near a Mercedes/Lexus experience just stepping foot on the lot.

Will be interesting to see if the try to address any of that, though fixing the "location" may prove to be the hardest thing to do.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
So true - my Seattle dealer whom I have arrived at fair prices for my Jeep and previously a Ram 1500, simply doesn't have the facilities to appropriately show and deliver $100K vehicles. It is in a marginal location (think hookers walking up and down the street) is too small, and is severely warn out on the inside - it is no where near a Mercedes/Lexus experience just stepping foot on the lot.

Will be interesting to see if the try to address any of that, though fixing the "location" may prove to be the hardest thing to do.
Fixing the location is as simple as municipal leadership growing a pair; Giuliani's prior transformation of Times Square from seedy to family friendly is prima facia evidence that it can be done. Whether Seattle wants (or is even capable of) the same extends beyond the scope of this thread, though.

Wranglers are hardly inexpensive, so it's not just the Wagoneer buyers that have a claim on wanting better facilities and better treatment. I literally left the dealership in my new Jeep thinking that a Subaru dealer might have provided a better experience.

Initial-Jeep

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392XR Tuscadero, PT Cruiser Dream Cruisers 2&4
Occupation
Data Engineer, Retired Air Force
"Constructive feedback" requires "listening" and I've yet to see a non-forum dealer do that, sales or service.

Very True - Jeep is not using the survey to make improvements - only to pay/punish the dealerships. And yes...many many dealerships deserve low marks, that is 100% true. But don't make the mistake that your survey will influence anything that Jeep corporate might do in the future
Who knows...they might be evaluating the feasibility of dealerships/franchise laws vs. direct sales in light of Tesla, et al.

Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Fixing the location is as simple as municipal leadership growing a pair; Giuliani's prior transformation of Times Square from seedy to family friendly is prima facia evidence that it can be done. Whether Seattle wants (or is even capable of) the same extends beyond the scope of this thread, though.

Wranglers are hardly inexpensive, so it's not just the Wagoneer buyers that have a claim on wanting better facilities and better treatment. I literally left the dealership in my new Jeep thinking that a Subaru dealer might have provided a better experience.
I hear ya on the Wrangler part, I was thinking that a dealer that treats ya reasonable well can be a good place to buy a Wrangler, but for $100K plus a typical customer may want the country club feeling as well.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I hear ya on the Wrangler part, I was thinking that a dealer that treats ya reasonable well can be a good place to buy a Wrangler, but for $100K plus a typical customer may want the country club feeling as well.
That's a good analogy.

To what well-known retailer would we crosswalk our actual Jeep order and/or delivery experience?

I expected Target, but got Dollar General.
Sponsored