Sponsored

Dealer put "Anything less than a 10 on the survey is failing" on my Invoice.. How about delivering service that warrants a 10?

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Over the last 5 years I’ve had zero positive experiences at any dealership I’ve been to, but according to some (everybody gets a trophy type) people I’m still supposed to give a perfect survey to them all!

I’d love to be schooled on how these surveys are supposed to help the company improve………..if we give a 10 for a 5 experience everybody except the customer feels all is well in the current dealership model, which we all know it isn’t.

I will repeat!!!! Salespersons and the dealership model can’t go away fast enough. Before the internet they were somewhat useful, but now most of us know more about the vehicle we are interested in than any salesperson on the lot.

Let’s also not forget that the price we definitely shouldn’t go above is on the MANUFACTURERS website!

Soon with EVs, we won’t need them for service either………So bye bye dealers…….you’ve done it to yourself.

If you could truly provide an exceptional customer experience then you might survive, but if you keep asking for and getting a trophy for a 5 effort, then it’s time for you to go extinct.
I have to say that my experience at the local Jeep Dealer here in Germany as been overall positive. It can be hard to get a return call for an appointment, but generally when they say they will do it, they do it.
ESS was a bit of a issue though. They replaced the batteries but told me there is zero chance it will keep working because Jeep's implementation was fundamentally broken and that every wrangler they have sold has the same issue.

The VW dealer was always a shit show though.

Top of the line service though was Jaguar. Just mentioned that it does not seem right and they take the keys and started replacing stuff while I drove off with a loaner of my choosing. Never any back and forth discussions or trying to convince them.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Over the last 5 years I’ve had zero positive experiences at any dealership I’ve been to, but according to some (everybody gets a trophy type) people I’m still supposed to give a perfect survey to them all!

I’d love to be schooled on how these surveys are supposed to help the company improve………..if we give a 10 for a 5 experience everybody except the customer feels all is well in the current dealership model, which we all know it isn’t.

I will repeat!!!! Salespersons and the dealership model can’t go away fast enough. Before the internet they were somewhat useful, but now most of us know more about the vehicle we are interested in than any salesperson on the lot.

Let’s also not forget that the price we definitely shouldn’t go above is on the MANUFACTURERS website!

Soon with EVs, we won’t need them for service either………So bye bye dealers…….you’ve done it to yourself.

If you could truly provide an exceptional customer experience then you might survive, but if you keep asking for and getting a trophy for a 5 effort, then it’s time for you to go extinct.
I agree.

But like I said pages ago: these surveys are a “remuneration plan” disguised as a “customer satisfaction program.” That’s the crux of the problem. Automakers, dealers and customers expect to get very different things out of it.

If automakers were honest about it, all they’d need are four questions:

Our records indicate that on December 20 you took your 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited for service to Sons of Bitches Chrysler Jeep. Is this correct?

✅ Yes 🔲 No

Based on your experience, should Stellantis pay Sons of Bitches Chrysler Jeep a bonus for their treatment of you on that day?

🔲 Yes ✅ No

If you had absolute freedom of choice, would you willingly take your Jeep back to Sons of Bitches Chrysler Jeep?

🔲 Yes ✅ No

Would you recommend Sons of Bitches Chrysler Jeep to your family and friends?

🔲 Yes ✅ No

Please feel free to leave any comments in the space below:

This is the end of the survey. Thank you for your cooperation. You can go outside to play with your Jeep now.

Last edited:

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
I picked up my Jeep the other day, and prominently displayed on my invoice was the following:

IF FOR ANY REASON, YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO SCORE US WITH THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE MARKS ON THE SURVEY, PLEASE LET US KNOW.
  • - REVIEWED MULTI POINT INSPECTION
  • - E-MAIL ADDRESS CONFIRMED
  • - DISCUSSED SURVEY / MY REPORT CARD
  • - CONFIRMED 10’S ARE ONLY PASSING SCORE
Here is the deal, if you are going to continue to deliver the same sh1tty service, the best that you can hope for is that I am not going to waste any more additional time in filling out the survey.

She let me know that I should have an email to fill out a suvey, and that anything less than a 10 was failing. When I filled in the survey, her Service Manager would let her know, and they would have a Starbucks Gift card for me!

WOW, A STARBUCKS GIFT CARD. I have a better idea.. how about, DELIVER THE SERVICE I PAY FOR. I don’t really need a Starbucks card. I can swing my own coffee.

I also understand this dealership gives folks free oil changes in exchange for good reviews on Google.

This dealer owns several Jeep stores in my area. I understand the customer experience is pretty sad at all of them.
I work for a large employer in the area, with an active car group chat. Similar stories are told with other FCA products.. including Ferrari and Maserati. Seems there are systemic issues all around.

Sounds like desperation from a crappy dealer who's facing some sort of sanctions from FCA.

Give 'em an honest survey and let the chips fall.

Scratch

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK 2019 JL MOAB 2020 JTR
I marked my dealer honestly. The service manager called me and said they cancelled the parts they ordered and my appointment and they didn't want me to come back. This was Jim Manning CDJ in Dinuba Ca. This is after the service manager argued with me for 10 minutes that my stock JTR was lifted and causing my steering issues.
I wish we had a forum or thread to call out these crappy dealers and to celebrate the good one that deserve our business.

OP
OP
willcasp

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

I marked my dealer honestly. The service manager called me and said they cancelled the parts they ordered and my appointment and they didn't want me to come back. This was Jim Manning CDJ in Dinuba Ca. This is after the service manager argued with me for 10 minutes that my stock JTR was lifted and causing my steering issues.
I wish we had a forum or thread to call out these crappy dealers and to celebrate the good one that deserve our business.
That is a fear or experience that a lot of us seem to have or had. Better to put up with absolute crap warranty service than no service at all! It is a shame that @JeepCares won't step up and do the right thing for the customer. I don't know why, but Stellantis seems to be afraid of their own dealer network for some reason. All of the data clearly shows that it hurts the Jeep brand and reputation.

Sponsored

StuM

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nova, Wrangler 392 XR, TRX Ign Ed, Evora GT
I had a Chevy dealer kindly present me with a fully completed (all 10’s) survey during the delivery of a new ZO6 Corvette, , once. He was really pissed when I refused to sign it! Their service truly sucked, too!

Guitar Man

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler S 2dr
Occupation
"Honey Do" List
Seems to me all the back and forth between dealers and customers is just a game that culminates until the day you pick it up. That's when the shit hits the fan. Send lawyers, guns and money.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
He sounds just like Service Manager I got here...! That son of a bitch must have moved to Washington State! 😫

Either that or they train them somewhere to pull this kind of crap... :bandit:

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of which, my spectacularly shitty dealer just got a Wagoneer!!!
Jeep Wrangler JL Dealer put "Anything less than a 10 on the survey is failing" on my Invoice.. How about delivering service that warrants a 10? 1642776185667

Goes to show that contrary to everything Jeep has been saying, it doesn’t really give a rat’s ass about “elevating“ its shitty dealer experience.

Sponsored

WannFly

First Name
Priyo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4Xe - ordered, 2019 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber security
give me crappy service - get a crappy survey. its that simple.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I’ll probably catch flack for this, but I’m generally straightforward so I’ll say it.

If you’re going to buy a Jeep Wrangler, buy the vehicle and the lifestyle. You should go in knowing the dealer experience will be shitty. Should it be that way? No, not for the prices of any new car. But it’s how it is and has been for many years. If you set your expectations low, you'll be a lot happier. That applies to many situations in life. I personally have avoided dealerships completely since buying with the exception of the V41 TSB/recall. They're almost universally terrible. Both in customer service and their work. I would only go in for major warranty work. It's just not worth the time or aggravation to deal with the service department. While I get we all want to save money, I would rather save a few hundred bucks over a few years of the warranty period than deal with them.

Ultimately, we as customers have to speak with our wallets. No offense meant to you @aldo98229 here, but you frequently vent about Jeep dealerships, but are now on your 10th Wrangler I believe since the JK launched. I understand why, I wouldn't be able to go away from this brand/vehicle either, but the point is Jeep nor any other manufacturer will change things until they take a hit financially. We as customers so to speak continue to reward bad behavior by gobbling up every Jeep they put on the lot. I really don't think service will ever change, and I don't think bad surveys would be the reason for change if it came.

With cars, generally you can expect two of following three attributes. Reliable, fast, and cheap. The three are almost never combined. When it comes to dealerships, in my experience, it's the same thing. You can get a good sales experience, a good sales price, but a terrible service department. Or a great service department, good sales experience, but they won't budge off MSRP. It's very rare to get all three. To echo my previous comment, expectations should be tempered appropriately.

For anybody in the Northeast, there's two dealerships I highly recommend to go to. Welsh Jeep in Far Hills, New Jersey has a great service department. It's a very small dealership that clearly cares for the customer and the work they do. I would not expect a cheap sales price if buying a vehicle, but I can confirm the service department is well above the Jeep standard. I would have no problem going there regularly if they weren't far away.

The other one would be Fitzpatricks in Ansonia, CT. I haven't actually used their service department, but it's a smaller, family owned dealership and I've heard their service department is great. I ordered my JL there thanks to this forum and can confirm Mark & company provided a great price + sales experience to boot.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll probably catch flack for this, but I’m generally straightforward so I’ll say it.

If you’re going to buy a Jeep Wrangler, buy the vehicle and the lifestyle. You should go in knowing the dealer experience will be shitty. Should it be that way? No, not for the prices of any new car. But it’s how it is and has been for many years. If you set your expectations low, you'll be a lot happier. That applies to many situations in life. I personally have avoided dealerships completely since buying with the exception of the V41 TSB/recall. They're almost universally terrible. Both in customer service and their work. I would only go in for major warranty work. It's just not worth the time or aggravation to deal with the service department. While I get we all want to save money, I would rather save a few hundred bucks over a few years of the warranty period than deal with them.

Ultimately, we as customers have to speak with our wallets. No offense meant to you @aldo98229 here, but you frequently vent about Jeep dealerships, but are now on your 10th Wrangler I believe since the JK launched. I understand why, I wouldn't be able to go away from this brand/vehicle either, but the point is Jeep nor any other manufacturer will change things until they take a hit financially. We as customers so to speak continue to reward bad behavior by gobbling up every Jeep they put on the lot. I really don't think service will ever change, and I don't think bad surveys would be the reason for change if it came.

With cars, generally you can expect two of following three attributes. Reliable, fast, and cheap. The three are almost never combined. When it comes to dealerships, in my experience, it's the same thing. You can get a good sales experience, a good sales price, but a terrible service department. Or a great service department, good sales experience, but they won't budge off MSRP. It's very rare to get all three. To echo my previous comment, expectations should be tempered appropriately.

For anybody in the Northeast, there's two dealerships I highly recommend to go to. Welsh Jeep in Far Hills, New Jersey has a great service department. It's a very small dealership that clearly cares for the customer and the work they do. I would not expect a cheap sales price if buying a vehicle, but I can confirm the service department is well above the Jeep standard. I would have no problem going there regularly if they weren't far away.

The other one would be Fitzpatricks in Ansonia, CT. I haven't actually used their service department, but it's a smaller, family owned dealership and I've heard their service department is great. I ordered my JL there thanks to this forum and can confirm Mark & company provided a great price + sales experience to boot.
Ehem...I’m “only” on my 9th Wrangler... :blush:

But that’s just it: Jeep has us by the balls and it knows it.

Having said that, this Jeep dealer is SO bad, it’s given me pause from swapping Wranglers as often as I normally do.

My prior dealer, Glenn E. Thomas Dodge Jeep in Southern California, was the exact opposite: it was so good I went there for 10+ years. I happily spent thousands of dollars with them in Mopar accessories (bumpers, wheels, headliners, etc.) In fact, the Parts Manager took me out to brunch before the 2015 holidays because I had been his best customer that year!

This dealer, though, is something else entirely. They suck like I’ve never seen a dealer suck. When the time came to buy a new Jeep I flew 1,000 miles to get it. And of the $12,000 I’ve spent on it in accessories so far, this dealer got $2,000 for the Mopar lift and the installation. That’s it. And that’s all they will be getting from me after all the grief they gave me with the steering TSB.

Bad customer service is bad business. Period. Even for Jeep.

OP
OP
willcasp

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

You would think the dealer would want to get things right where the service department is concerned. According to NADA, it is the most profitable part of a dealership, with 49% of the profit the dealer makes overall coming from service: (https://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/where-does-the-car-dealer-make-money.html)

That is more than new car sales, used car sales, or financing add ons!

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
You would think the dealer would want to get things right where the service department is concerned. According to NADA, it is the most profitable part of a dealership, with 49% of the profit the dealer makes overall coming from service: (https://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/where-does-the-car-dealer-make-money.html)
There’s your answer. It’s most profitable cuz they screw over the unknowledgeable and rip people off. Not because of good service.

The dollar rules everything, not our feelings.
Sponsored