First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5
Occupation
Professional Irritant
Tnx, Dave. That'd be an easy, easy drive. I'll add 'em to my short list.
Sponsored

SquallJeep

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
I used Justin Studer at Renton CDJR when I ordered my Jeep. I used my tread lightly membership and he did a great job of staying in contact through the ordering process and has followed a bunch since then to make sure everything is going great. I would highly recommend Justin.

RogueRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black JLR, 2018 Granite JLR (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't order one but I wanted to share my experience with purchasing a JLR off the lot this weekend.

First, I went to Roberson Jeep in Salem, OR. Test drove a JLR, liked it, and went to negotiate with the sales rep. He brings me a sheet that shows a $5k markup over sticker. I should've just walked out at that point BUT I played their game and got them down to $500 over MSRP. Sales rep kept saying that he was getting me a great deal and I almost took it too, but right before signing I said I would sleep on it first and left.

The next day, I went to Northwest Jeep in Beaverton, OR. My salesperson was Ashlyn and she got me into a JL for 1.5k off MSRP (which is what the dealer's website listed). The finance guy also got me a better interest rate than what Roberson had quoted me. Overall, I'm incredibly happy with my buying experience at NW Jeep. They are also an official AEV supplier -- I think I might take advantage of that and have them outfit my new JLR with an EX bumper. Before this, I've never really had such a good experience with a dealer where I've wanted to go back to the same dealer and do business with them again. But Ashlyn was straightforward with the pricing and didn't give me any bull -- which was a breath of fresh air compared to the experience I had just the day before.

Moral of the story: don't ever pay over MSRP. The dealer is gaslighting you into thinking you can't get a better deal elsewhere.

Last edited:

PDXSting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLURD '23 JTRD
Ordered from Kent at Peterson in Nampa, ID as well. No-nonsense, and Kent was responsive and professional. Placed order on 12/23. Built but currently stuck in SLC waiting for transport up to Nampa. 10.8% discount from MSRP (fully loaded). $399 DOC fee, $102 OR title. $1000 non-refundable deposit. Must finance >95%.

Details are such:

Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 8.49.24 AM.png

nikolap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD (on order)
Another vote for Kent at Peterson's in Nampa. Ordered 2/21, delivered 4/25. Flew into Boise and they arranged transportation to the dealership. Financing took about 20 minutes and there was no hard sell. In and out in less than 75 minutes including a test drive. Nearly 12% below MSRP for a well equipped JLURD. Like PDXSting said, you have to finance 95% and make at least 6 payments but you can put as much as you want to on the first payment to reduce interest charge. Still over 11% below MSRP when calculating in addition interest. Well worth it for the great price and really great service Kent and his team.

You can always bring your own financing or pay cash for a smaller discount

Sponsored

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Been doing pre-purchase homework here in PDX. Sure doesn't seem like any of the dealerships out here are willing to play the x% off invoice game. Anyone have positive experiences with, say, Hannah or even (!!) Tonkin? How about any SEA area dealers?

Unfortunately, my job is such that a road trip back from Gupton, Creswell, etc. is next to impossible without significant advance planning. Definitely would not want a special order Rubi being sold out from under me because I couldn't get there in sufficient time.

Tnx!!
I bought my last two at Roberson Jeep in Salem. They were sensible both times — none of that Lithia-high-pressure, meet-the-manager, Mandatory-turn-to-other-salesman bullsh@t.

Of course, my last purchase was in 2019, when they had over 70 new wranglers in stock, so they didn’t feel obliged to lay the wood to every customer. They may still be willing to sell for invoice on a special order. The older guy at the Newport, Oregon Jeep dealer describes himself as their “fleet” manager… very nice guy, and he knows the product inside and out. I doubt that little dealer serves any “fleets” of more than two vehicles, but he’d rather sell a Jeep for a small profit than not sell one at all. I’d try him too. (I’ll try to find his name and edit this post with it).

I wouldn’t buy anything from Lithia under any circumstances.

Dave Smith in Idaho always used to be easy and the Oregon dealers wouldn’t match his prices for years, but I think their business model changed. It’s worth a call anyway, as they used to pick you up at the airport and take you to the dealership. (It was a wild experience ten years ago… it was (maybe still is?) the highest volume Dodge truck dealer in the world… in that tiny little town. They were selling over 3,000 units per month. Incredible operation, with 40-some salespeople on the phone banks. I don’t know if any of that is still true today.

Finally, the devil is in the details. Getting an additional point off invoice is meaningless if the deal requires financing, or $500+ “doc fees”, or other creative add-ons. Some of the places advertising “at invoice pricing” have $1500 or more in imaginary dog-squeeze added into the final price.

BaconFury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Diesel
Clubs

Try Jeremy DeHaven at Tonkin CJDR in Hillsboro. He's great to deal with and can usually make a deal. I've purchased several vehicles through him when they were Dick's CJDR. I see they have some units in stock and more on order.

Tell him Michael Kahut referred you to him. That may help you or it may hurt you. I'm not sure. ;)
I'm with this guy, I ordered from Jeremy at Tonkin. as well. He kept me updated as it went through and the whole transaction was super smooth.
Sponsored