Dealer Mistake In Lease Agreement - Wants Me To Re-Sign Contract

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Sorry to hear that. I've traveled hours many times to buy from a dealer that really wanted to sell to me. I like a dealer that pursues me and wants to make a fair deal. I've walked from many that were arrogant and could care less.
Yea. No inventory anywhere within a couple hundred miles. These guys bought another dealer and were doing dealer trades for all of the JL inventory to stock both dealers.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Looking for advice. The dealer reached out to me asking to re-sign the contract because they mistakenly wrote it with a 15k mileage allowance instead of 10k. Iā€™m skeptical in general in terms of dealers so wanted to lay out my deal here to see if they are up to somethingā€¦

MSRP: $50,010
Negotiated Sales Price: $47,787
Money Factor: 0.0027
Residual: 62
Lease Term: 39 months

Deposit of $5k
Max Care, oil changes & rotations, auto appearance, tire & wheel: $1,900

My monthly payment is $568

Again, the dealer meant to write the contract for 10k miles but printed $15k on the contract. They also said they were off on the residual because Chrysler told them it is less for manual transmission vehicles but that they adjusted the price so that my payment wonā€™t changeā€¦

I donā€™t know what to believe or watch out for. Please help.
Same thing happened to me...they had to adjust the residual but it worked in my favor by several hundred so no biggie. Mistakes happen.

For the record, $5k down on a lease is nuts. $568/month on a lease is also nuts. The residual on Wranglers is so high that your payment should be much much lower than that.

They're advertising $299/mo leases on JLs again right now. Granted, I'm sure you're getting a higher trim level than the Sport but there's no way it's $269/month higher trim level.

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Looking for advice. The dealer reached out to me asking to re-sign the contract because they mistakenly wrote it with a 15k mileage allowance instead of 10k. Iā€™m skeptical in general in terms of dealers so wanted to lay out my deal here to see if they are up to somethingā€¦

Deposit of $5k

Again, the dealer meant to write the contract for 10k miles but printed $15k on the contract. They also said they were off on the residual because Chrysler told them it is less for manual transmission vehicles but that they adjusted the price so that my payment wonā€™t changeā€¦

No way go back. What mileage was negotiated originally? It had to be discussed. My feeling is that the dealership is trying to give you the old heave hoe. Their mistake not yours. Would they do the same for you?

JLscorpio31

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JLU, 1999 Cherokee XJ
Hmm, what happened to morals? 10k miles and the monthly payment was agreed upon, a written mistake was made. Why not resign the corrected contract? Screw them over just because they made a mistake?
hmmm...and I highly doubt that dealer will do the same if the shoe was on the other foot.

Sponsored

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

Deposit of $5k

How many miles did you originally negotiate your lease for?

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Have you ever made a mistake? If that's what you negotiated on then go back and resign the contract. Don't take advantage of someone else's mistake.

If it were the opposite, you negotiated 15K and the agreement was singed for 10K, wouldn't you make them fix it?

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My dealer is a piece of work. They just happened to have all of the inventory in my region and were just down the street. They told me I was making their day longer when I chose a different JL on the lot prior to any paperwork being started. I even had to go out on the lot pull the VIN info. Havenā€™t gotten a survey from them either. It wonā€™t be good.

Apparently selling cars is an inconvenience to them.
So why did you buy from them. Walk away and give your business to a dealer that treats you the way you like to be treated.

Sponsored

Papi4baby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Yeah bro, if you agree yo 10K man/woman up and sign the correct paperwork. Think of it this way, the finance guy is probably in trouble enough as it is.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
The issue here for me isnā€™t about a possible ā€œmistakeā€ of 10k or 15k miles. That is a ā€œtypoā€ in the contract that should be accepted for ammendment for both parties. But, what I see here is the dealer saying other financial items (resids, etc) are also wrong. That isnā€™t, IMO, a simple mistake. Rather, itā€™s bullshit stupidity.

OP, I would go to the dealer and see what they have to say. If you donā€™t like the new deal, give them the keys to the car and void the contract (formally and legally) then go to another dealer who actually knows how to hire and train people who can pay attention to simple details.

Oh, and if you do like the new deal that they offer, have them give you a roof rack or something for the trouble of coming back in to the dealership to fix their stupidity.

Blood Type J+

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 TJ Sport 6-cyl
I wouldn't hold them to the signed contract but it is an opportunity to renegotiate the deal if you're not happy with the terms - either of you can still walk away if you can't come to an agreement.

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I would not resign the contract, either they keep the deal the way it stands or they can have the jeep back and I would try to get a better deal else where.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
So why did you buy from them. Walk away and give your business to a dealer that treats you the way you like to be treated.
Inventory.
Sponsored