Dealer Logos / Decals on your JL

MYAMIA

First Name
MyA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JL 2018
Has anybody removed the decals that say "wrangler" on each side behind the front tires? What's the best way to remove these?
I see you posted this back on March and may be at this point you already removed the "Wrangler Unlimited" sticker. I just peeled off with my nail and it was easy. The remaining glue was easy to remove also with some piece of wet cloth. Then I just waxed a little. Clean is much better.
Sponsored

MYAMIA

First Name
MyA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JL 2018
License frame is the first think I remove from my cars. I did this with my Sahara JL and also removed the small dealer sticker with blue letters on the back. The "Wrangler Unlimited" stock sticker on the sides also gone.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
If a dealership service department sees a vehicle come in that has their own name on it, they are often more inclined to offer you help and work with you more easily on warranty repairs. I've actually seen this myself over the years.

I ALWAYS take the dealer decals off, but on this JL I'll leave it on for the first time ever. Psychologically, it makes me think it might come in handy later down the road when I need a repair but there's that lift kit and oversized tires on the Jeep. Any leverage I can get may possibly help me. "Hey, wife and I both bought Jeeps here. Can't you help a brother out?"

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
First thing I did was to remove the dealer decal and the dealer license plate brackets when I got home. I'm not into being an uncompensated mobile billboard.

For those who don't know, WD40 facilitates decal removal.

Sponsored

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
Thankfully no decal was used on mine. I removed the plate frame as fast I could.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
It was just a vinyl decal from the dealer. I peeled it off as soon as I got home.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I tell them no decals, or their license plate frames. I also tell them not to drill any holes in my bumpers. I tell them not mount the license plate bracket. I tell them NOT to use their cheap arse, easy to marr and rust, license plate screws on my vehicle. I tell them PDI only and do NOT let their detail guy near my vehicle..
I tell them I will pull the plastics off the seats, steering wheel.. I tell them PDI Tech is only one to drive it.
No other customer's to touch..

For the record.. I only use black, stainless steel screws. They look good, don't rust and the diameter is smaller. Yes, they are pricey.
I get them here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-BLACK-Li...159814?hash=item2a7bf32946:g:4IgAAOSwTuJYsjar

Grimm_E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
I had one of those chrome looking plastic emblems places on the tailgate. I took mine off with a piece of waxed dental floss. No marks and no problems. If you do it as soon as you get the jeep home, it comes off easily.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I had a wonderful buying experience at Faricy Boys in Colorado Springs but even then, I'm not leaving any stickers on my vehicle. IMO it shouldn't be a deal breaker as long as the stickers are easily removable, which Faricy's stickers were.

The sales experience on my wife's jeep was the polar opposite of Faricy. Larry Miller Jeep in Thornton, CO was an absolute beating to deal with. I should have walked away but I got into my negotiating mode and fought the battle until I got the deal I wanted. I tore their sticker and license plate frames off in front of the sales rep and his manager. At least I was nice enough to let them see me through them in the trash. I certainly didn't want to be a litter bug.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I had one of those chrome looking plastic emblems places on the tailgate. I took mine off with a piece of waxed dental floss. No marks and no problems. If you do it as soon as you get the jeep home, it comes off easily.
It also helps to leave your Jeep in the sun for a while. Afterwards, some 3M adhesive remover makes cleanup easy and doesn't damage the paint.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
It also helps to leave your Jeep in the sun for a while. Afterwards, some 3M adhesive remover makes cleanup easy and doesn't damage the paint.
When the decals are freshly applied, they come off really easily. Taking the chrome strips off of my Grand Cherokee after 6 years took a lot of elbow grease (and Goo Gone).

Buzz11

First Name
Buzz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLR, 2001 Wrangler TJ Sport
My old 2000 came with a "John Elway Auto Nation" raised decal. It peeled off real nice and fit perfectly on my lawn mower. Always got a smile looking at it. It was like I bought a Jeep and they gave me a lawn mower :)

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I always wrote into my offers that I would not take delivery if any dealer logos or emblems were placed on the vehicle.
Sponsored