Dealer Logos / Decals on your JL

Jethris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2106 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Once I get my Mopar spare tire cover in, the Dealer's tire cover will be getting packed away. I wouldn't mind it so much if they had updated their tire covers to account for the rear camera.

IMG_0985 (002).jpg
Kernersville? My mom lives there. I thought it was a small town, but it keeps coming up.

Oh, and the traffic on I-40 makes me glad I am in Denver!
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Kernersville? My mom lives there. I thought it was a small town, but it keeps coming up.

Oh, and the traffic on I-40 makes me glad I am in Denver!
Kernersville itself is a small town, but its located right in between two of the biggest cities in the State, so there is a lot going on Here. I live a stones throw away from the Kernersville city limits and yeah, I definitely avoid I-40 at certain times.

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
One of the first dealers I visited, offered 5 years of free oil change if you were to display their sticker on your car ! Lol
Found another one and negociated the 5 years or free oil change, no sticker needed...
Ended up cancelling that order (that was never placed), and put one in with the dealer who’s offering free oil changes for as long as you keep the vehicle ;)

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Does your JL have a dealer logo on it or did you ask them to have it removed? I prefer not to have the additional logo on the back tailgate. I asked them not to put it on my JK and I'll likely do the same with my new order.

Do you think dealerships have an issue with this if you ask them in advance?
Another reason I love my dealership, Westgate Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Indianapolis, is that they don't put any stickers on the vehicles they sell. They only put a license plate frame on, which is easily disgarded.

MikeM1968

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The only way I’m going to be a driving free advertisement for any dealership is if they cut off a really nice chunk of the final cost, and even then only for a few weeks to a month- tops.

I took those dealership tags off my current car almost immediately

Last edited:

Sponsored

yugi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Took their sticker, license plate frame and tire cover off. No need for that crap to be on there.

mln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jlu rubicon, f80 m3, odyssey
when i was a kid one of the first thing my dad would do after buying a car would be removing the dealer logos. at the time i didn’t see what the big deal was. said it was free advertising. fast forward to today i’m doing the same thing and explaining it to my kids.

TPFilm1994

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport S
Specified no stickers on my JLU Sport S. They complied. My ‘15 JKU was a a dealer trade and came with the previous dealer’s sticker. My dealer said they’d take that one off and put their sticker on. I said just stop at taking the other one off. They did.

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
One of the first dealers I visited, offered 5 years of free oil change if you were to display their sticker on your car ! Lol
Found another one and negociated the 5 years or free oil change, no sticker needed...
Ended up cancelling that order (that was never placed), and put one in with the dealer who’s offering free oil changes for as long as you keep the vehicle ;)

Hell yeah. If a dealer has been pleasant and gracious with freebies, then I don’t see an issue with some small sticker and word of mouth advertising. It’s a mutually beneficial relationship.

mdelzer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undercontrollabs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JULR Sting-Gray
Occupation
Developer, Home Automation and AV
The dealership we bought our Pilot at does not apply stickers to any of their cars and removes them on used trade-ins. They only put on a license plate bracket. Another family of dealerships here has a emblem that they use. The dealership chain is called Fox Motors so they use a fox head silhouette emblem that is made out of chrome. That's it, no name, no number, just then emblem. If you also display their license plate frame they will give you a $6 car wash for $1 and a $12 wash for $4 at their local automated carwash. You didn't even have to buy the car from them to get the emblem and frame, you just have to have been a customer and had something as simple as an oil change done. It's probably one of the single best dealer marketing programs I've ever seen.

Any dealer that is offering free oil changes for years or life is really just substituting it for money spent on marketing with the hope that they can inspect your car and find other problems to sell you services, or reschedule you for. My local Honda dealership use to offer $7 oil changes for anyone.

Sponsored

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Has anybody removed the decals that say "wrangler" on each side behind the front tires? What's the best way to remove these?

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
My LITTLE town Dealer is the FIRST and ONLY dealer in my town of FERNLEY, Nv--so I'm happy to display the license plate cover, but no body decals-

I did on my '16 RAM-

JIMBO

VJ Smedlo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Copperhead AEV JKU, 2017 Chief JKU, 2018 Mojito! JLUR
when i was a kid one of the first thing my dad would do after buying a car would be removing the dealer logos. at the time i didn’t see what the big deal was. said it was free advertising. fast forward to today i’m doing the same thing and explaining it to my kids.
Do you and I have the same dad?

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I just love it when they want you to buy the tire cover so that you can advertise for them. I am with leave it off or pay me!
At least one dealer near me put their license plate frame on, then says you can get free car washes at their lot if you have it on. Wife has been using it for years. I'd leave it off myself though...no free ads from me either!

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Once I get my Mopar spare tire cover in, the Dealer's tire cover will be getting packed away. I wouldn't mind it so much if they had updated their tire covers to account for the rear camera.

IMG_0985 (002).jpg
Hmmmm....

Well that dealer gets the dumb@ss award. He just completely obstructed your rear view camera. I saw a Sahara yesterday with a factory "Sahara" logo tire cover that had this perfect cut out to allow the camera to stick out.

Regarding the dealer stickers, I'm not here to advertise. They could pay me a few $100 a month but I doubt they would. He put a license plate holder on it and that went straight in the trash as well as their sticker logo.

Btw... I added to screw to the bottom of the plate and ran them into the plastic on the bumper. Made for a nice flat fit of the license plate so it won't snag anything.
Sponsored