Sponsored

Dealer Logos / Decals on your JL

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I picked it up about 5 weeks ago. I forgot to ask them about the dealer sticker, so it’s on the tailgate as I write this...looks pretty easy to remove, though. I’ll get around to it soon.
Sooner you go to take it off the easier, it will be to get it off. Longer it is on there, gives the Sun time to do it's work fading paint around the sticker. Fire up the wife's hairdryer and get it off asap..
Sponsored

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Since I purchased my first new vehicle thirty plus years ago, I have a first day ritual that I perform on my vehicles. I come home and take off every badge, logo, sticker, license plate frame, etc. that I can. I have found good uses for dental floss to remove the metal plaque logo's, WD-40 for stickers, even a blower dryer at times to loosen up stickers. I generally replace the license plate frame with one that is vehicle appropriate.

I had one dealer years ago that installed a front license plate that was their dealer logo and a license plate frame in the back and told me as long as I had one or both of them on I would get a free oil change. I replied "no thank you I can afford an oil change" yet every time I brought the car in for service I got a free oil change and those items had been removed on day one of ownership.

I have a JLUR on order but may settle for one "close enough" in the next week or so and I am already looking forward to sticker and dealer logo removal. It makes it feel like the vehicle is mine!!!

Last edited:

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I told them to take mine off before I left the lot unless they wanted to pay me for advertising, they did take it off then put the temp plate on using a frame from their lot with there name on it, well that hit the trash as soon as I got home.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
This must be a regional thing. Here in L.A., the only dealer stickers I see is Carmax (a used car dealership) and from dealerships in other parts of the country which always gets my attention in traffic because they are rare. I don't know of a single local new car dealership that puts stickers on, and there are a lot of them here!

CZ 75

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Wd40 takes them off easy. I've always pealed them off.

They cheapen the whole vehicle. It looks tacky. I didn't pay 50k to advertise for someone else.

How many benzes do you see with vinyl stickers with the dealers name stuck on the trunklid?

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
This must be a regional thing. Here in L.A., the only dealer stickers I see is Carmax (a used car dealership) and from dealerships in other parts of the country which always gets my attention in traffic because they are rare. I don't know of a single local new car dealership that puts stickers on, and there are a lot of them here!
In Cali I always liked the Felix dealer sticker of Felix the Cat ( without Chevrolet brand name ) . So , I went to Felix dealer in L.A. , and they charged me about $ 10 for two Felix the Cat stickers , which I put on between the trail-rated badge and the Sport name on the front quarter , on each side . So I paid for dealer stickers . I've had an equal number of thumbs up for Felix , as well as Veteran , stickers . One guy got out of his Jeep at a light and took a photo of my Felix sticker .

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Told my dealer i wouldnt accept jlu if their sticker was on it. Then the they drilled the holes in the front bumper for one of their stupid white frames. I made them replace the whole bumper since i dont run a front platte.

JDZ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500 Night, Mustang vert, Lexus SUV
No point wasting time debating with dealer, comes right off with heat gun.
I get rid of stickers and the license plate frames

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
In Cali I always liked the Felix dealer sticker of Felix the Cat ( without Chevrolet brand name ) . So , I went to Felix dealer in L.A. , and they charged me about $ 10 for two Felix the Cat stickers , which I put on between the trail-rated badge and the Sport name on the front quarter , on each side . So I paid for dealer stickers . I've had an equal number of thumbs up for Felix , as well as Veteran , stickers . One guy got out of his Jeep at a light and took a photo of my Felix sticker .
Very interesting. This is unique because they don't have their own original logo like other dealers but instead just use "Felix The Cat" as their logo. I don't recall seeing any of their stickers on any cars here.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Very interesting. This is unique because they don't have their own original logo like other dealers but instead just use "Felix The Cat" as their logo. I don't recall seeing any of their stickers on any cars here.
Yep , they bought the rights to use Felix the Cat , when Felix was a popular silent cartoon in the 1920s . They have a big Felix sign at the corner of Jefferson and Figueroa , across from U.S.C.

They charge for the Felix stickers , and there is a small Chevrolet symbol underneath , which I cut off . Felix' head is the same size as the trail-rated circle , so it is symmetrical if I stick it on abut 1 inch under the trail-rated circle .

It gives my Jeep extra Agility , and an "Oh Yeah !" Attitude .

Sponsored

Deleted member 18624

I took the dealer decals, tire cover and license plate frames off before we even left the parking lot :)

gungadin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
For me there was only a dealer license plate frame. I pulled that off immediately. It was covering part of my PA Battle of Gettysburg plate. That won't work!

johnwpowell

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Lol I pulled mine off at the dealer before driving home!