Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
I got my license plates today and went to install them. In the back, two flat head screws, one stripped. The front plates have two torx screw, one stripped.

JLR has plastic bumpers because I'll upgrade. Dealer was A+ except for this super minor problem. Dealer frames went into the trash.
Jeep Wrangler JL Dealer license plate frames 2021-07-12 15.11.35
Sponsored

OP
OP
J0E

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I live in Maui but picked up my Jeep in Spokane WA. It has Montana plates. Will get Hawaii plates when I return.

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
Dealer frames went into the trash.
Where they belong!

I don't understand people that take the dealer frames off, to put their plates on, then put the dealer frames back on. ???

I don't even wait for the plates. As soon as I get home the frames are in the trash.

Sponsored

OP
OP
J0E

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I don't understand people that take the dealer frames off, to put their plates on, then put the dealer frames back on. ???

I don't even wait for the plates. As soon as I get home the frames are in the trash.
I never understood that either. Maybe they think they're necessary?
I was too lazy to take off dealer frames, at least that my excuse :)

ascuro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 1985 CJ7, 1975 CJ5
I always request they don't install them. It's just free advertising. Seems like about half the population don't care/can't be bothered to change them though, so it works.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I totally respect not advertising your dealership but my salesman to my service department have been good to me so far. As long as it stays that way I don’t mind their plate frames.
I have however always been fascinated when you go to a place like The Hard Rock Cafe and they sell T-shirts for 50 bucks. So let me get this straight, I give you $50 and advertise for you too???
Yea I’ll pass.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
When submitting my factory order, I specifically asked that they didn't install a front plate bracket that leaves holes in the front bumpers fairlead cover. I also mentioned that I'd be bringing my own plates on pick up day, and would put them on myself before driving off. They tried handing me a pair of frames, but I respectfully opted out. As great as my salesman was, I still prefer the clean and utilitarian look of a frameless plate.

Sponsored

Trainman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Willys 2dr
I own mostly upscale vehicles and I like saying where I purchased my vehicles. Since I have good relations with my dealers I don't mind the dealer license frames, but in some cases I have removed them. One note here, I want to install my plates myself as most dealers use a power drill and run the screws in the plastic too tight and strip out the threads. which p_____ me off. Most upscale dealers have metal chrome license frames and are nicely done, so I keep them on. I have always used the license frame to tell me something about the owner and in many cases was a good startup conservation introduction.

OP
OP
J0E

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
as most dealers use a power drill and run the screws in the plastic too tight and strip out the threads. which p_____ me off.
Exactly, but to add insult to injury, they used flat blade screws in the back and torx in the front.