Sponsored

Dealer left oil cap off during an oil change and the Service Manager won't return calls.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
The 3.6 in the wrangler JL is the easiest oil change on the planet. Best do it yourself. There’s very little competence in the world, suggest you get used to it.
If you’re not an enthusiast you really shouldn’t own a Jeep.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mschlott

mschlott

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2019 JLUR
The 3.6 in the wrangler JL is the easiest oil change on the planet. Best do it yourself. There’s very little competence in the world, suggest you get used to it.
If you’re not an enthusiast you really shouldn’t own a Jeep.
I've had mine for over 2 years and I still have not done an oil change. Lift, Bumpers, Winch, Lights and Rails, but I still have not done an oil change. I can't turn down free, and it's a good chance to get to know your dealer for warranty work. This was not my Jeep, but my son's. He drives a Renegade and is not a car guy. He could change his oil if he had to, but it's not something he will be doing.

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
definitely go there and talk to the service manager and if you dont get anywhere, go straight to the office of the GM. The whole time... BE NICE but be firm. NIce will get you much further than being a hot-head. I would demand another oil change and an engine degrease / steam clean at the least unless there is other damage that needs to be taken care of

Sponsored

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
This, and many other stories I’ve read over time it has forced my hand to wave to the jeep wave 3 free services at least for now I’m doing my own on my diesel, it’s a few hundred out of pocket cost that I could be saving but peace of mind is worth more to me then to have to worry about possible issues, it’s hard times right now to find good dependable workers

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
Whatever you do, try to stay calm. If you get aggressive, you lose the argument. Stay calm but be firm.
easily done when ur the incredible hulk all the rest of have to use the vocal muscles..

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
Yet another reason to bypass dealer oil changes.
I didnt even have a oil change .... brought mine for a battery .. u wouldnt want guess what my dipstick read when by chance i decided to make sure they didnt screw with anything ..yup

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
I used to scoff at the whole “don’t let a dealer touch it.” I thought that was the exception, not the rule. Now I understand. American warranty/pride is dead. If your dealer can rotate tires without messing up, you’re the exception. I trust Jiffy Lube more than CJDR.
OP, best of luck. I’ve gotten results from a well timed temper tantrum in front of other customers. But if you can’t feel that out and time it then calm and firm is the way to go.

Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
I had a dealer damage a fender when they did my first oil change...now when the jeep goes in its watched by someone when a person services it.

dcmdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I had trouble with a product in the early 2000s. I bought the domain companynamesucks.com.

So if you had trouble with Bobs Jeep, buy bobsjeepsucks.com. Then post what happened.

With some free search engine optimization, your page might come up before the actual dealer page does.

;0

dcmdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
OP, best of luck. I’ve gotten results from a well timed temper tantrum in front of other customers. But if you can’t feel that out and time it then calm and firm is the way to go.
A well timed, properly thought out FAKE temper tantrum can be worked for tactical advantage. As long as its not your real emotion.

You need to think with your head. If staying calm will help, stay calm. If pretending to lose your 5hit will help, start acting.

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
You should have taken it to the dealership as soon as possible and not made any phone calls other than letting them know what's going on and that you are on the way to meet them.

The dealership oil change failures I've experienced include: overfilled oil level, oil spilled all over my exhaust manifold, oil pan plug head rounded off, dirty oil even after an oil change and lied about performing a tire rotation, oily hand print on door handle and oily residue on floor mat and door threshold.

The best thing to do in the future is perform your own oil changes. It's the easiest oil change on any vehicle I've ever owned. Learn how to inspect belts and all fluid levels. Inspect battery posts and cables at every oil change. Look at the engine and other drive train parts closely to discover leaks and other potential hazards like loose steering abd suspension components.

You may have a hard time at first, but in the end you'll be better at inspecting your Jeep than those " trained professionals". Its because you are more interested in doing it right and they have proven to me and many others in this forum that they obviously are not.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
You should have taken it to the dealership as soon as possible and not made any phone calls other than letting them know what's going on and that you are on the way to meet them.

The dealership oil change failures I've experienced include: overfilled oil level, oil spilled all over my exhaust manifold, oil pan plug head rounded off, dirty oil even after an oil change and lied about performing a tire rotation, oily hand print on door handle and oily residue on floor mat and door threshold.

The best thing to do in the future is perform your own oil changes. It's the easiest oil change on any vehicle I've ever owned. Learn how to inspect belts and all fluid levels. Inspect battery posts and cables at every oil change. Look at the engine and other drive train parts closely to discover leaks and other potential hazards like loose steering abd suspension components.

You may have a hard time at first, but in the end you'll be better at inspecting your Jeep than those " trained professionals". Its because you are more interested in doing it right and they have proven to me and many others in this forum that they obviously are not.
This shouldn’t be necessary; but the fact it is says volumes about where we’re headed. Buckle up buttercup, make decisions assuming everything will break immediately and your warranty will turn out less useful than Medicaid.
Sponsored