Dealer Labor Price For Aux Switch Install

thadius65

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, , 2019 Honda Pilot Elite, 2014 BMW 535i Xdrive
So I watched the video on installing the aux switch for my 2020 JLU Rubicon. While it doesn't look that bad, I don't have the ability to flash for it to work. I was quoted $150 plus tax for dealer to do the install. Is that reasonable? Assuming it is roughly an hour +/-.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...aux-switch-panel-on-sahara.33947/#post-788028

In this thread, post #10 I believe, I completely break down the aux switch/rubicon switches/cubbies and talk about dealership installation of the aux switch panel.

I had my dealership install it for me. They ordered the part (I could have got it cheaper elsewhere) and installed it for like $750. It took them a whole day to do the install. Ended up having to pick the jeep up the next day. I think it was just one guy working on it, who hadn't done the install before. He did a great job though as it works perfectly, it just took longer than expected.

Point being, it wasn't cheap and it was time consuming, but they did it right, they were able to flash it and all that good stuff, and I'm happy with the outcome. So if your dealership is saying $150 for the install, I would absolutely jump on that.

OP
OP
thadius65

thadius65

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, , 2019 Honda Pilot Elite, 2014 BMW 535i Xdrive
Appreciate the input Dave! Thanks!

millerb7

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
So I watched the video on installing the aux switch for my 2020 JLU Rubicon. While it doesn't look that bad, I don't have the ability to flash for it to work. I was quoted $150 plus tax for dealer to do the install. Is that reasonable? Assuming it is roughly an hour +/-.

Thoughts?
100% It's a bitch to do honestly. The dealer quoted me like $600 to do it a few months back. Even if you do it yourself, and are handy, you are looking at a full day to do then you have to take it to the dealer to flash it anyways unless you have one of the Tazer devices that will flash it (which I think cost $150 themselves). My time for a full days worth of work is worth way more than the $150 they are quoting you so I'd jump all over that.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'd verify that $150 includes the wiring harness install.

Sponsored

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Considering the cost to just flash the Jeep to make the switches work after you install them yourself is like $125, I would absolutely pay $150 for them to do the whole job.

Get it in writing. I had a phone quote for mine, and there was confusion when I actually got to the dealership about the cost. Fortunately they honored the original quote, but they definitely regretted doing the work at that price.

Tjbrlecic1

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
I installed the switches myself. It took me about four hours. I refresh all of sailor language I used while I was in the Navy. The job turned out great.
If you can get the job done for $150.00. Jump on it.

Last edited:

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
As a shop owner if I could sub that out to the dealer for $150 I would do it everyday!

Brett

EnjoyLife

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Larado

Sponsored

Tjbrlecic1

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
How do the leather seats hold up with your dog?
The reason we have the leather is for the dogs. The leather holds up great, no scratches or punctures. We have had the Jeep 18 months. The heated leather is for Sara my hunting dog. When she gets wet and cold, on goes the seat and she is warm and toasty in no time.
However, we did have the driver side leather replaced at 26,000 miles. The finish was wrinkled and separating. The passenger seat is having the same problem. The dealership wants to wait until we have about 30,000 miles on the Jeep and then they will change the passenger side leather.

WillDo559

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon unlimited
Guess I'll play devils advocate here.. do it yourself! I got the switches on sale from eBay, it was about $225 and got a very small discount on the tazer for $280. I did plan on getting bigger tires which I did, so getting the tazer was a must. I watched the install video from cjpony on YouTube over and over, so I would say the install was pretty easy. Spent some good time with the Jeep and it has never been back to the dealership since it left the lot. Do it yourself, you can do it!

84F251F5-6331-406C-9A35-BE03FF575042.gif

@melendez69 look what you have me doing...:facepalm:
Sponsored