Dealer keeps trying to add proximity keys and floor mats to my order

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
What trim are you ordering? I want proximity keys and am being told I canā€™t get them without spending $4500 on half doors

JustBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep JKU Sport
I ordered a 2-door Rubicon on March 27th-ish. I "had" to get the all-weather floor mats. I did not choose proximity key nor was it required. I ordered soft top only, 8.4 radio, cold weather group, advanced electrical/tow group.

stevepoz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red JLUR
Pick a better dealer, because that is total BS. That sounds like shady sales directives that the sales people have to push.

There is a thread on this forum of recommended dealers. Find one, and don't be afraid to make a bit of a drive to pick it up. With a highly recommended dealer, you don't need to negotiate in person. I dealt with a recommended dealer/sales person (Steve Boeckmann at Jim Butler Jeep in Linn, MO), and I only saw his face during the order process because he is only a couple dozen miles away and I just stopped in to say hi...and to check on my build status, perhaps. A couple of phone calls and a few e-mails and I was confident I got a fair deal on my order.

By the way, Mr. Boeckmann does do long distance sales! He has a guy from Dallas ordering from him, and when it comes in the buyer is driving it to California for shipment to Hawaii. If you fly in to Springfield, MO, I could be convinced (with a bottle of whiskey, and maybe a tad of gas money) to pick you up and drive you to Linn. If my Jeep arrives in time, I'll even pick you up in style.
I used Steve B too - easy, transparent process

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband
I am looking at ordering another Jeep soon and my dealer cannot order a Rubicon without the proximity door locks in the actual Jeep ordering system. Not sure about the floor mats, I didn't put them in the build nor did he push them.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jeeper84

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Tj 4.0
I was just told by another dealership that the proximity keys are going to transition to a standard feature later this year that's why all builds are getting it added.

Elsinore73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I almost ordered a Rubicon in March 2020 but backed off when the pandemic hit. At the time FCA wouldnā€™t let the dealer order a Rubicon without a proximity key. By the time I actually placed my order in August I could order it without the proximity key. Your Dealer may be correct on this.

I too like the ability to leave it unlocked when desired.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I just bought a 3k mile ā€˜21 Rubicon and totally missed that despite it being 60k... no proximity key. I have it on my ā€˜19 Sahara and itā€™s nice to just walk up and get in without needing to pull out a key and press a button. I think Iā€™ll add it through the Allmoparparts.com kit they sell along with the Tazer or dealer program the sales code in.
Sponsored