Sponsored

Dealer just informed me that Jeep is currently not accepting ANY Wrangler orders...

Mitch@OurismanClarksville

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
It is just restricted. It happens every allocation. They restrict to see what the numbers looked like to tell dealers what to order next. It even says will resume next allocation.

It just seems different to smaller dealers because they changed it from a pop up to a red highlight over the restricted model.

I just built a unlimited rubicon with 2.0 and no restriction found for the 22R while 23 and 25 both were restricted.

CJ99X

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sahara
Dealer just informed me that Jeep is currently not accepting ANY Wrangler orders...
From what I understand, it is shipping issues and they want to clear the inventory in case the RR goes on strike plus some other truck shippers are having issues with fuel shortages.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

It's unfortunate the jeep.com build your own website doesn't keep current. A company this large that is in the business of selling vehicles should do better.

Sponsored

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
NO ! - The discontinued post was right after all
I just called Jeep headquarters and got to talking to some guy who answered the phone who informed me that the Jeep Compass is going to replace it with just a few mods:
1. Roll bar
2. New 0.8 liter Hemi with 75 hp and 80 lb torque
3. All the pretty pretty colors that the Wrangler had cancelled and, get this, no greys
4. Official Jeep paper bag for the driver to wear over his head as to not be recognized
5. As far as doors and tops go, he said you can use a sawz-all for the roof but Jeep hasn't figured out the doors yet
Pretty sure it was official as I even heard the assembly line in the background (although it could have been a floor buffer too I suppose) - 80-90 % sure (assuming I dialed right)

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
NO ! - The discontinued post was right after all
I just called Jeep headquarters and got to talking to some guy who answered the phone who informed me that the Jeep Compass is going to replace it with just a few mods
Dang. I was really hoping for a factory lifted Renegade!

40Caliber

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Rubicon
Can't order a wranger?

Carvanna just upped my buy price quote, there's a shortage!!!

no.....not really 🤣

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
It’s mostly just restrictions on certain options / packages we’ve just seen koons hop on the forum promoting 6% below invoice with no financing required, as I’m sure they are trying to meet a years end quota, but they didn’t mention any issues with placing an order, confident that jeep is still taking orders on wranglers

MesaAZGuy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
It's unfortunate the jeep.com build your own website doesn't keep current. A company this large that is in the business of selling vehicles should do better.
It's intentional so a potential buyer thinks he can get what he wants and the serious ones come into the dealership with their build printed in their hand to find out it all can't be spec'ed as such. "However we have something similar on our lot you can take home today" And the dreams of a 392 quickly disappear while that buyer takes home a 4xe instead...

Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

It's intentional so a potential buyer thinks he can get what he wants and the serious ones come into the dealership with their build printed in their hand to find out it all can't be spec'ed as such. "However we have something similar on our lot you can take home today" And the dreams of a 392 quickly disappear while that buyer takes home a 4xe instead...
I spent quite a bit of time building mine on line and doing some research before walking into my dealer with my print out. Luckily I was able to get everything I wanted and only changed my mind on color at the last minute when I ordered.

MesaAZGuy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I spent quite a bit of time building mine on line and doing some research before walking into my dealer with my print out. Luckily I was able to get everything I wanted and only changed my mind on color at the last minute when I ordered.
I did too but when I first went in with my Rubicon XR build they couldn't order it. I settled for the 4xe knowing I had a cross country trip coming up. They agreed on a trade in value and a few month later ordering was open for everything I wanted. 6 months later and they still honored their trade in price for mine. paid invoice for my new one. I did ok

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

But They Should— Communicate and give the choice of changing or eliminating the unavailable option!!
Supply constraints vary weekly. Imagine what they'd have to go through for each change, especially if each of their customers is closely monitoring what's restricted week by week and asking for changes each iteration.

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler unlimited rubicon recon
My dealer told me they weren’t taking any new orders because of the diesel fuel and DEF shortages.
Ugh don’t start that shit again all the F-tards that bought up all the toilet paper will be stock piling diesel fuel with nothing to run it in for no reason lol

WheretheJLs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Hydro Blue Rubicon XR
I just got my VON
Sponsored