Sponsored

dealer installed aux switches

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase
Ouch, hope that $300 includes the flash. Even still it seems high. My dealer quoted me $200 to install the full HD Towing Eletrical package (i.e. hitch, aux buttons and alternator).
You have to upgrade your alternator too?
Sponsored

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
You have to upgrade your alternator too?
Not a requirement, though that is part of the option package if you got the auxiliary switches as part of the HD trailer tow group.

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase
No, you can order just the switches. The package from the factory is the tow group: hitch, aux buttons and alternator.
I see I see, maybe that will be for later in the Jeep life then. When or if I decide to participate in more hardcore activities.

Sponsored

xpsruler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
Did u do it yourself already? And if u did, do u know if they switches will work without the flash?
I've only installed a Pair of Rigid LEDs so far and installed a switch into the lower dash. I like how it came out a lot. I may eventually get the switch bank and just pay the install. After spending so much time routing wires the cost doesnt sound as bad lol. Heres a pic of the single switch I currently have.
20180408_183743.jpg

prw04

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Billet Silver
Switches won't work until your Jeep is flashed. There is no "new app" button once flashed. You can find the aux options by simply hitting the settings app button.

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I've only installed a Pair of Rigid LEDs so far and installed a switch into the lower dash. I like how it came out a lot. I may eventually get the switch bank and just pay the install. After spending so much time routing wires the cost doesnt sound as bad lol. Heres a pic of the single switch I currently have.
20180408_183743.jpg
Honestly the install wasn't as bad with the proper tools. You must get a trim removal tool (~$5) and depinning tool! I damaged the pin you remove but after some trial and error found a pin that would work. Removing the side fender liner and running the cables through the firewall wasn't too bad with someone to help u on that step and if it wasn't for damaging the pin, that would of been the hardest part. I'm not much mechanically or electrically inclined but everything seems to be fine except that I need to flash the computer now. I would of definitely pay the $120 4wheelparts was charging to install if I would of known lol if u can get the dealer to do it for less than $250 with the flash, go for it imo...they're charging me $150 for 20 mins of work flashing it lol

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation

RDL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrnagler JLUS, 2016 Grand Cherokee Overland
Honestly the install wasn't as bad with the proper tools. You must get a trim removal tool (~$5) and depinning tool! I damaged the pin you remove but after some trial and error found a pin that would work. Removing the side fender liner and running the cables through the firewall wasn't too bad with someone to help u on that step and if it wasn't for damaging the pin, that would of been the hardest part. I'm not much mechanically or electrically inclined but everything seems to be fine except that I need to flash the computer now. I would of definitely pay the $120 4wheelparts was charging to install if I would of known lol if u can get the dealer to do it for less than $250 with the flash, go for it imo...they're charging me $150 for 20 mins of work flashing it lol
Hi will1111, New to the forum and I too messed up the pins and was hoping you could point me in the right direction on where to get new ones that will fit correctly. Thx!

Sponsored

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Hi will1111, New to the forum and I too messed up the pins and was hoping you could point me in the right direction on where to get new ones that will fit correctly. Thx!
Hello, sorry to hear that. I know the frustration.

The ones I used weren't an exact match but worked well enough to hold a connection. Make sure u use some needle nose pliers to hold the cable when reconnecting the plug u pull the orange cable from and replace it with the new one.

Here is the link for the part with pins I used. Be careful when crimping the connector btw... it took me 2 tries...go easy on the crimping tool first and if u see everything lined up fine, finish it up

HIFROM 5 Kit 2 Pin Way Waterproof Electrical Connector 1.5mm Series Terminals Heat Shrink Quick Locking Wire Harness Sockets 20-16 AWG https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0777FBGT8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_9p.OBbTXEYQ3Z

RDL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello, sorry to hear that. I know the frustration.

The ones I used weren't an exact match but worked well enough to hold a connection. Make sure u use some needle nose pliers to hold the cable when reconnecting the plug u pull the orange cable from and replace it with the new one.

Here is the link for the part with pins I used. Be careful when crimping the connector btw... it took me 2 tries...go easy on the crimping tool first and if u see everything lined up fine, finish it up

HIFROM 5 Kit 2 Pin Way Waterproof Electrical Connector 1.5mm Series Terminals Heat Shrink Quick Locking Wire Harness Sockets 20-16 AWG https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0777FBGT8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_9p.OBbTXEYQ3Z

RDL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the quick response!

callipygian

First Name
Dre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Unlimitied Sport
What happened when you damaged the pin did you realize after the installation? Was their an erroe code or it just didnt work

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
What happened when you damaged the pin did you realize after the installation? Was their an erroe code or it just didnt work
Ess wouldn't work or the switches...had to get the system flashed by the dealer after fixing the pin
Sponsored