Sponsored

Dealer installed alarm system connected to what?!

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
So...I bought a 2021 Wrangler with a dealer installed alarm system. Trouble is they connected one of wires to the door harness wires. The door can now not be removed without cutting the wire. I have no idea what will happen if I cut the wire but am afraid that if the system is active and I do cut the wire, it will think the Jeep is being stolen and lock me out of starting it. Does anyone have experience with this and advice on how I could/should relocate this wire to somewhere else? The control box has the name "Pursuit" on it. I am also curious what this alarm actually does. If you have a dealer installed Pursuit alarm system, please also chime in.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dealer installed alarm system connected to what?! 1654294798236

Jeep Wrangler JL Dealer installed alarm system connected to what?! 1654294716496

Jeep Wrangler JL Dealer installed alarm system connected to what?! 1654294744449
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
@kah.mun.rah
Call the installing dealer straightaway to make them aware of their lazy wiring connection (a T-tap on the door harness wire? Seriously?), and have them tell you what they're going to do to rectify the issue.

Alternately, you might consider sending an e-mail to the manufacturer of the alarm system with your inquiry, accompanied by proof that you are the legal owner of the vehicle.

OP
OP
kah.mun.rah

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Call the installing dealer straightaway to make them aware of their lazy wiring connection (a t-tap on the door harness wire? Seriously?), and have them tell you what they're going to do to rectify the issue.
Since I am not the original owner they won't talk to me.

RubICON1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992,2011,2014,2022 RubICON
Is that one of those gps trackers that some dealerships put on in case of theft off the lot. But they didn’t remove it??

Sponsored

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I’d track down the installation instructions for that POS and remove it. Before it malfunctions and leaves me stranded somewhere with altered wiring that Jeep will wash their hands of if you take it for dealer service.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
If the jeep starts with the door unplugged, It can probably just be cut. I agree with remove it, but If you want to keep it, you could put a connector there.

NULL POINTER

First Name
Carmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, '19 VetteZ06 7spdVert,
Occupation
Old Fart
I had a Pursuit alarm system on a 2005 I once owned. They are fairly expensive units, at least back then they were. Look at the control unit and see if you can find the model number, then google Pursuit alarm system and the model number. You will probably find online instructions for it. They are complicated and the wiring harness goes all over the place. Good luck with finding out more about it.

Sponsored

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
No need to cut, just unplug it. That's how a t-tap works and really the only advantage of using one. My guess is that is the door open trigger.
Sponsored