Sponsored

Dealer has 60+ Wranglers! 35+ are Willys?

TIPOVR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel
The owner Mark Fitzpatrick is a Jeep guy, so he probably prefers the more simple Pentastar. They actually only have around 5 Turbos as well. Hopefully the 3.6L eTorque will be reliable though, because I'm getting a 2 door Rubicon next year with the Pentastar. I've heard that the regular 3.6L has many ESS issues though, so hopefully eTorque will fix that.
Are there expected problems with the etorque engine?
Sponsored

Jeep75th

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler 75th Anniversary
Yeah, the thing is, all of the Willys that are coming in are the mid-2020 update with the molded bumper. So, they're definitely interested in selling a ton.
I noticed that the willys (non sport) was getting the Sahara bumper now. That’s a good change, I never understood why they gave the more optioned willys the base bumper.

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
Are there expected problems with the etorque engine?
Never heard any issues but some people aren't fans of a Turbo 4 in a Wrangler. The 3.6/ESS combo I've been hearing has some serious ESS issues and has misfire problems as well. Hopefully when the 3.6/eTorque combo comes out, the ESS issues won't ever happen again.

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I noticed that the willys (non sport) was getting the Sahara bumper now. That’s a good change, I never understood why they gave the more optioned willys the base bumper.
Yeah, I hate the base Sport bumper, it's basically the Euro bumper. Which is ugly.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
It is not just regulations. Consumers always want greater levels of performance, but no one wants to burn more fuel.

So automakers are having to get smart and use “electrification” as a means to deliver greater performance, not just greater efficiency.

Personally, I like my motors simple, too. But complaining is not going to stop the cogs of technological progress.

Totally wrong, they are doing the ESS gimmick so they dont pay as large CAFE fines, they are sick of geting boned by the EPA and paying mr ahole at Tesla for his credits, so they resort to gimmicks like ESS to grab 1 mpg which if they did not would translate to huge fines and more credits purchased.

Why would you add ESS which 99% of your customers hate, adds weight, complexity, lower reliabilty, takes up valuable space etc and increase cost ?

No you are doing so because of stupid Gov regulation, simple as that! Remeber this in Nov, vote for Joe and you can bet there will be even more of this non-sense required to get by all the new regulations the Squad will dream up to fight climate change.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Totally wrong, they are doing the ESS gimmick so they dont pay as large CAFE fines, they are sick of geting boned by the EPA and paying mr ahole at Tesla for his credits, so they resort to gimmicks like ESS to grab 1 mpg which if they did not would translate to huge fines and more credits purchased.

Why would you add ESS which 99% of your customers hate, adds weight, complexity, lower reliabilty, takes up valuable space etc and increase cost ?

No you are doing so because of stupid Gov regulation, simple as that! Remeber this in Nov, vote for Joe and you can bet there will be even more of this non-sense required to get by all the new regulations the Squad will dream up to fight climate change.
The problem really is that FCA can't sell anything besides gas guzzlers.

Toyota is happy to sell you a Tundra that gets 13 MPG without deactivation or ESS, because it sells lots of hybrids that help offset the shitty MPG numbers Tundra gets.

FCA loves to sell Hellcats, HEMIs, Wranglers, Gladiators and Rams. But sales of everything else are in a nose dive. It can’t give away Pacifica PHEVs, even with a $7,500 rebate, because nobody wants them. Worse, it couldn’t even sell Wranglers with mild hybrid eTorque motors. Meanwhile, Toyota is selling hybrid RAV4s like hot cakes; can’t make them fast enough!

The bottom line is buyers don’t mind buying old technologies from FCA, but don’t trust FCA to make new and complicated technologies that work.

FCA is now making a big deal of upcoming Wrangler PHEV. Just watch them sit unsold for months because no one trusts FCA enough to build a PHEV that actually works. Apparently it can’t even make an EcoDiesel that works...

scarp

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Taco, 2021 JL Willy's
You got my hopes up! I'm getting ready to order a '21 Willys, but all of the ones at Fitzpatrick's are Unlimiteds. :mad:

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You got my hopes up! I'm getting ready to order a '21 Willys, but all of the ones at Fitzpatrick's are Unlimiteds. :mad:
Sadly Unlimiteds are the way some Wrangler buyers are nowadays, just custom order one from Mark, he's awesome!

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
Yeah, the thing is, all of the Willys that are coming in are the mid-2020 update with the molded bumper. So, they're definitely interested in selling a ton.
Any reason why they changed the bumper? Looks like they also removed the Euro bumper/fender extension? I have an early build 2020 and like my bumper more (indent in middle), but had to remove that stupid euro extension.

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any reason why they changed the bumper? Looks like they also removed the Euro bumper/fender extension? I have an early build 2020 and like my bumper more (indent in middle), but had to remove that stupid euro extension.
It looks cleaner and nicer.

Sponsored

morph860

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X 4xe, 2024 Grand Cherokee 4xe
I was at Bolles in Ellington, CT a few weeks ago for an oil change and they had more 2 doors on the lot than 4 doors. Not a huge selection, but they had way more 2 doors than I've seen anywhere else.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
My local dealer is stocking up on 2020s, they have 35 Willys and 12 Rubicons as well as a few Sports and Saharas. I'm getting tempted by one specific Hellayella Rubicon. The dealer is Fitzpatrick's in Ansonia, Connecticut. So if anyone needs a Wrangler, go there! They have an awesome staff, service, and sales departments. They have a wide selection as well. Does anyone know why some dealers are stocking up on 2020s?
That's where I bought my Jeep last year, great dealership. On the flip side the dealer closest to me Pamby in Ridgefield doesn't have a Jeep on the lot.

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was at Bolles in Ellington, CT a few weeks ago for an oil change and they had more 2 doors on the lot than 4 doors. Not a huge selection, but they had way more 2 doors than I've seen anywhere else.
Interesting, 2 doors are something that normally are very hard to find. It's awesome that they had tons.

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's where I bought my Jeep last year, great dealership. On the flip side the dealer closest to me Pamby in Ridgefield doesn't have a Jeep on the lot.
Cool, yeah haven't heard much about Pamby. Fitz still has around 60 Wranglers, they are getting in some sweet Recons now as well.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
It wouldn't surprise me if 2 door sales are higher for 2020 than previous years. The 2 door JL looks better than the 2 door JK with the stubby flat hood. It has a more CJ like look.
Sponsored