Sponsored

Dealer has 60+ Wranglers! 35+ are Willys?

john_k

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '12 GTI DSG, '13 MX-5 GT 6MT, '16.5 CX-5
OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
It wouldn't surprise me if 2 door sales are higher for 2020 than previous years. The 2 door JL looks better than the 2 door JK with the stubby flat hood. It has a more CJ like look.
It's definitely doing better, I'm sorry if you're a fan of the JK but I think it's the worst Wrangler. The small grille, the Jeep badge on the front, the start of the trend of angry eyes and sad mall crawlers. The JL is much better, nicer, looks more classic Jeep, and is probably the best Jeep.

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're now getting in some sick Recons and even more Rubicons!

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
I've heard that the regular 3.6L has many ESS issues though, so hopefully eTorque will fix that.
I hope I don’t end up regretting this but have to say that my 2018 JLR with the 3.6 and automatic has been flawless in my 27,000 miles. And I’m one of the people that use the ESS feature.(Don’t get me wrong, I would have preferred it not have it, but doesn’t bother me that it does.) I’m also one of the (apparently) rare ones who’ve never used a Tazer or similar device (not that there’s anything saying there’s a higher incidence of issues with those who have, although that might make an interesting survey topic.)

Time will tell how the eTorque compares I guess.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope I don’t end up regretting this but have to say that my 2018 JLR with the 3.6 and automatic has been flawless in my 27,000 miles. And I’m one of the people that use the ESS feature.(Don’t get me wrong, I would have preferred it not have it, but doesn’t bother me that it does.) I’m also one of the (apparently) rare ones who’ve never used a Tazer or similar device (not that there’s anything saying there’s a higher incidence of issues with those who have, although that might make an interesting survey topic.)

Yeah, I'm saying how some of them have issues, my Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 3.6/ESS has 40,000 miles and I've never had a single problem. The Pentastar is a great engine, but like any vehicle it CAN have problems. It really depends on the engine.

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I love the ESS actually, I get 23 mpg and great range in my Grand Cherokee. I believe it's doing something pretty important.

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So to start this process I sold my 2016 Ram 2500 Limited. Got about $8000 for it (paying off loan and all that shit), vehicle was worth $44,000. I had $35,500 left to go, I'm banking that for a large down on this Wrangler. Going for a Custom order next year.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
I love the ESS actually, I get 23 mpg and great range in my Grand Cherokee. I believe it's doing something pretty important.
My wife has with hers as well and she runs her ESS all the time. I did a couple highly unscientific tests when I first got my Rubicon and couldn’t really tell much difference with it or without it. The way I look at it is that if it satisfies some regulation or checks a box somewhere that allows the developers to push the envelope on performance somewhere else, (raising overall MPG calculations enough that FCA can still play around with 392’s and other such animals for example) I’m all for it!

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wife has with hers as well and she runs her ESS all the time. I did a couple highly unscientific tests when I first got my Rubicon and couldn’t really tell much difference with it or without it. The way I look at it is that if it satisfies some regulation or checks a box somewhere that allows the developers to push the envelope on performance somewhere else, (raising overall MPG calculations enough that FCA can still play around with 392’s and other such animals for example) I’m all for it!
In traffic it does a bit, mine probably gave me maybe 1 mpg overall in the commute. It has to be with stops though.

Sponsored

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
If I’m stuck in heavy traffic I turn mine off. Otherwise I don’t mind it. As other have said, can’t go wrong buying anything at Fitzpatrick.

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I’m stuck in heavy traffic I turn mine off. Otherwise I don’t mind it. As other have said, can’t go wrong buying anything at Fitzpatrick.
Yeah, they're awesome! I've bought all my cars there. ESS is in the JL just because of how they need to do something good with the EPA so they're still allowed to do Hemi engines in everything.

Anthony120

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR 2-door
I actually purchased and ordered my Jeep through Fitzpatricks! I cant say anything but good things about Mark and the dealership, plus got a great deal :like:

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
It's definitely doing better, I'm sorry if you're a fan of the JK but I think it's the worst Wrangler. The small grille, the Jeep badge on the front, the start of the trend of angry eyes and sad mall crawlers. The JL is much better, nicer, looks more classic Jeep, and is probably the best Jeep.
I like the JL much better. I guess I could have written my post better. I think the JL has a more late model CJ profile to it. As for the grille badge on the JK, I took mine off within a week of buying it. Didn't like the look, especially chrome on Commando Green.

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I actually purchased and ordered my Jeep through Fitzpatricks! I cant say anything but good things about Mark and the dealership, plus got a great deal :like:
Awesome. Congratulations! Mark is a great guy and Fitzpatrick's is a fantastic dealer.
Sponsored