Sponsored

Dealer Fried my PCM after installing AUX Switches!

goldtop

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara
Purchased Aux Switch Bank from Mopar website with silver trim which matches my interior for 2018 JL 4 door. Get a call today from dealer saying they installed my part which THEY said is incorrect and when they started the car, it fried the PCM!!!
There are only 2 aux switch banks you can buy for a 2018 JL, one with silver trim, and one with black trim. They are saying I should have ordered the black trim version!
Really? It's electrically different? Even though both versions are compatible with my Jeep according to the Mopar website.
I think the installer screwed up!
Does anyone know if the 2 Aux Switch banks that are available are different electronically?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Erik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Purchased Aux Switch Bank from Mopar website with silver trim which matches my interior for 2018 JL 4 door. Get a call today from dealer saying they installed my part which THEY said is incorrect and when they started the car, it fried the PCM!!!
There are only 2 aux switch banks you can buy for a 2018 JL, one with silver trim, and one with black trim. They are saying I should have ordered the black trim version!
Really? It's electrically different? Even though both versions are compatible with my Jeep according to the Mopar website.
I think the installer screwed up!
Does anyone know if the 2 Aux Switch banks that are available are different electronically?

They're exactly the same.
The factory one in my Rubicon was faulty, so I ordered a replacement.
My original had the silver trim, the new one was black.
The trim is just a snap on piece, so I took the black trim off and put the silver on. It works fine.
The dealership screwed up the install.

Erik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Why i won't let a dealership do anything that isnt unsr warranty.
Mine was under warranty, and I still wouldn't let the dealer touch it. It's just not worth the risk.
The new switch was $60.00, and fixed the intermittent failure of the original.
The hassle and potential dealer disaster would have been way more expensive...

Last edited:
OP
OP
goldtop

goldtop

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara
So after the dealership forced me to file a claim with Mopar, and put me through hell for 2 days, I get a call from the dealer.... Good news! Your PCM is fine! The connection to the starter switch was faulty ....(because the installer didn't put it back correctly). All good! Come pick up your Jeep!
WTF

Sponsored

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
So after the dealership forced me to file a claim with Mopar, and put me through hell for 2 days, I get a call from the dealer.... Good news! Your PCM is fine! The connection to the starter switch was faulty ....(because the installer didn't put it back correctly). All good! Come pick up your Jeep!
WTF
take the Rubi and run...

right to another dealership for warranty work. blast them in c.e.i. scores, and social media...all You can do.

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
WTF
That sounds like a dealership trying to screw customers by "conning/scamming" them into believing something blew up and then they grab the service and part sale from it and seems like they are even trying to scam the Motor company itself, I'v seen those types of dealership before but maybe they're just really really bad....if its without ill intent, they're still very bad because they didn't take time to check into the problem correctly first before trying to get you to work for them.

Like stated, Run like hell from this dealership and never look back if they can mess this up like this, they "will" mess up at some point in your vehicle's maintenance history, its just a matter of time. Just run away to a better dealer.
Sponsored