Coolbreeze95

First Name
David Gregan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I took my jeep in to get the speedometer calibrated for my 37 in tire. They said it was free because they installed the lift. I was pretty happy with them at this point. So on the drive to the dealership i used the GPS app waze to compare my speed with the app. i was 5-6 mph slower. After the calibration it was exactly the same no difference.
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I took my jeep in to get the speedometer calibrated for my 37 in tire. They said it was free because they installed the lift. I was pretty happy with them at this point. So on the drive to the dealership i used the GPS app waze to compare my speed with the app. i was 5-6 mph slower. After the calibration it was exactly the same no difference.
No dealer would do it for free lol.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Its a 5 min job, seems strange they would fake it, especially if you paid them for the lift. They should have done it when it was there the first time. Maybe the tech did not click save...lol.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It usually cost a couple hundred bucks to have them do it, I’ve never known it to be included with the lift install unless it was negotiated into the price before hand. Have you considered getting a tazer mini? You can do several cool things with it. But either way be sure to calibrate soon, until you do your shift points are going to be off and your not gonna get an accurate fuel mileage read out, (not that’s a big deal ), just saying..... :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Coolbreeze95

Coolbreeze95

First Name
David Gregan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It usually cost a couple hundred bucks to have them do it, I’ve never known it to be included with the lift install unless it was negotiated into the price before hand. Have you considered getting a tazer mini? You can do several cool things with it. But either way be sure to calibrate soon, until you do your shift points are going to be off and your not gonna get an accurate fuel mileage read out, (not that’s a big deal ), just saying..... :)
I bought a flashcal and did it myself.Now the speed matches the GPS exacly

OP
OP
Coolbreeze95

Coolbreeze95

First Name
David Gregan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Its a 5 min job, seems strange they would fake it, especially if you paid them for the lift. They should have done it when it was there the first time. Maybe the tech did not click save...lol.
I thought the same thing. maybe they didnt know what they were doing. I watched the youtube video on how the dealerships do it and it looked pretty simple.

HendersonJL

First Name
Chinh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray 2-door JL
So when I had the Jeep at the dealer for the broken front seat, I asked the tech about recalibrating the speedo since I have 315 Rubi take offs on, and he said just buy the flashcal! This dealer didn’t even want to to do it!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
So when I had the Jeep at the dealer for the broken front seat, I asked the tech about recalibrating the speedo since I have 315 Rubi take offs on, and he said just buy the flashcal! This dealer didn’t even want to to do it!
At least they were honest about what you'd be getting for your money.

Broccoli2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2011 JK 1946CJ2-A
No way they faked it. I agree that it just wasn't saved. It's super easy to do but, you have to save it.

Sponsored

HendersonJL

First Name
Chinh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray 2-door JL
At least they were honest about what you'd be getting for your money.
Might as well be true; however a simple flashcal costs as much as the dealer would charge though. With a taser mini you could do a lot other things but for me I do prefer the dealer do the recal.... one less component in my Jeep. It’s just me preference.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Might as well be true; however a simple flashcal costs as much as the dealer would charge though. With a taser mini you could do a lot other things but for me I do prefer the dealer do the recal.... one less component in my Jeep. It’s just me preference.
The flashcal can do more than one thing, you know that right?

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
@Roky, I’m looking at going from 31s to 33s in my Sport. Not worried about the speedometer error, but I hadn’t considered changing shift points with the 8 speed 2.0.
I’m willing to give up a little launch velocity, but not too much.
Reckon it will be a problem?

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Faked, as in dishonest scam? I doubt it. Not much payoff. Like none.
Honest mistake? Possibly incompetent tech?
Much more likely, imo.

Edit: I see Pavement Warrior and I had the same thought at nearly the same time.
Sponsored