old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Well my first concern would be in getting a front end alignment.
Now if you want a steel bumper I would approach it by telling the guy that you had been wishing you had upgraded to the steel bumpers when you bought the Jeep! What kind of deal can they do in getting you them now in replacement for the other bumper? Allow them to make you an offer. If it seems high you can always tell them you would of at least expected them to give you dealer cost minus the cost of your replacement bumper. They may even hook you up but I would not count on it!
Make sure to tell them you expect it to be detailed when you pick it up and not to allow the same guy behind the wheel again.
Very sensible , @Turfman , both for the alignment and the upgrade to a steel bumper . You think good , as Ted Williams used to say .
Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Oh that's right.... you dont have a JL. It was an example of you needing an attorney because you felt BH. That's all boss. Who knows your VW bug prob has a cabin filter.

You independent repair facility doesnt make money? Doesnt make much sense...
We're all good , excellent @LABLUE . I was mocking the "service advisor" who up-sales , (not the experienced techs , who are sincere , and who I respect .)

Bullheads1

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Healthcare Recruiter
It directly affects his paycheck.... so yes it comes out. For example in the dealership I work in. If the "policy account" is over $2000 for a month, anything over that $2000 comes out if his bonus check. So yes it comes out of his paycheck.
It’s coming out of money he could POTENTIALLY earn if certain metrics are hit. This could prevent him from hitting that metric. Other things could prevent him from receiving the same bonus. It’s not coming from his actual paycheck on wages he earns for working. Big difference between not qualifying for a bonus or having money specifically deducted from a paycheck. Even though end result maybe the same. One is legit the other is illegal in labor laws.

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500 North edition
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
It’s coming out of money he could POTENTIALLY earn if certain metrics are hit. This could prevent him from hitting that metric. Other things could prevent him from receiving the same bonus. It’s not coming from his actual paycheck on wages he earns for working. Big difference between not qualifying for a bonus or having money specifically deducted from a paycheck. Even though end result maybe the same. One is legit the other is illegal in labor laws.
I understand all that, thanks for clarifying. The salary is set LOW and his income comes from that "bonus". It's a bullshit pay system like the "flat rate pay" for service techs. The tech can be in the shop for 50 hours and only get paid for 20 hours. Or he could be there 20 hours and get paid 50 hours depending on the work load and job types.

Either way the jeep needs to be fixed to the way it was. Loaner provided anything above that would be amazing.

OP
OP
zyt

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
I appreciate everyone's input and advice here.
Dealer is still waiting for parts to come in before I can drop it off. My minimum expectation is they replace my bumper and fender.
I wish they could throw in something to gain my future business, but it seems they are eyeing on meeting the minimum. Dealer is being a dealer, and they are looking for the cheapest way to get this resolved.
They first claimed their invoice on steel bumper is $995 whereas I can get it for $858 online. Then, I asked for a price difference on a sports bumper vs Rubicon plastic bumper, because I've already cut "Euro style insert" out and don't want to do it again on another sports bumper. Their answer is they can't find the part # on Rubicon Plastic bumper, they need a VIN to look it up. I point out they have at least 10 Rubicons in their inventory, they can easily look it up. Dealer: "All of our Rubicon have steel bumper, so we still can't look it up"....Obviously not true and that really pissed me off.

I get them agreed to cut a fog light housing cover off the Euro piece, so it will be the same. They also need to move my off-road lights to the new bumper. Below are pictures of what I was referring to. Thanks again for everyone's opinion and enjoy your 4th July!

IMG_20180331_212619.jpg

IMG_20180428_171914.jpg

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Dealer is still waiting for parts to come in before I can drop it off. My minimum expectation is they replace my bumper and fender.
I wish they could throw in something to gain my future business, but it seems they are eyeing on meeting the minimum. Dealer is being a dealer, and they are looking for the cheapest way to get this resolved.
They first claimed their invoice on steel bumper is $995 whereas I can get it for $858 online. Then, I asked for a price difference on a sports bumper vs Rubicon plastic bumper, because I've already cut "Euro style insert" out and don't want to do it again on another sports bumper. Their answer is they can't find the part # on Rubicon Plastic bumper, they need a VIN to look it up. I point out they have at least 10 Rubicons in their inventory, they can easily look it up. Dealer: "All of our Rubicon have steel bumper, so we still can't look it up"....Obviously not true and that really pissed me off.

I get them agreed to cut a fog light housing cover off the Euro piece, so it will be the same. They also need to move my off-road lights to the new bumper. Below are pictures of what I was referring to. Thanks again for everyone's opinion and enjoy your 4th July!
So , what happened ?

Specter491

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wranlger JL Sport S
I don't drive MT but isn't the 1st and R on completely opposite ends of the gear shifter?

Sponsored

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X 4XE, '23 Defender 130
The entitlement some have in this thread is ridiculous. All I'd ask is that they fix it so that I can't tell it was ever damaged. I consider it a fair trade that my slight inconvenience is covered by a much larger one for them. I guarantee that will generate a lot less stress than those getting out their pencils trying to tabulate damages and compensation and haggling with the dealer over it.

Maybe some people feel good about bending someone else over due to an accident, but I sure don't.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
due to an accident
The best way to avoid dealer negligence , and their smarmy excuses , is to never go to any dealer . They pay dealer general managers $1K a day , who hire the lowest quality , and invent the most improbable excuses for damaging our Jeeps , as well as to pretend that we're getting a good deal by letting them screw everything up .

Last edited:

Mark16830

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Correction officer
Quick question, my buddy's 2 door sport Jl came in today, my question is can u remove the euro style front bumper covers in front of the tires? he's not crazy about the look of it but he also don't want to hack up his new jeep bumper if it isn't a easy removal. Thanks for any info.

YaThatAintRight

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon "THE LLAMA"
Occupation
Automotive Instructional Designer
The best way to avoid dealer negligence , and their smarmy excuses , is to never go to any dealer . They pay dealer general managers $1K a day , who hire the lowest quality , and invent the most improbable excuses for damaging our Jeeps , as well as to pretend that we're getting a good deal by letting them screw everything up .

IMG_20180331_212619.jpg

IMG_20180428_171914.jpg
Be very direct with your demands and provide the alternative of " I am so tired of dealing with this hassle out of no fault of my own. I'll just drop off the Jeep at XYZ body shop and call the insurance to handle this". They are much less likely to do the bare minimum because their expense and hassle will greatly increase in that scenario. You are being far too kind. A steel bumper is not too much to ask for, if they say it is tell them you'll take the cash value of all of the parts and labor and buy the bumper with those funds yourself.

On a side note do not let them "bend the bent metal piece back in shape", that is a bullshit way for them to reduce the costs and leave you with a metal fatigued bumper support.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
On a side note do not let them "bend the bent metal piece back in shape", that is a bullshit way for them to reduce the costs and leave you with a metal fatigued bumper support.
Yep , and also the dealer turd doing the bending will be a moron , and he will leave a foul odor in your Jeep .

Better to choose your own body shop in the first place , collect the money for the damages , and pay for parts and body shop yourself ; and then find a good independent mechanic . "free" oil changes are a sick scam to trick you ; better to find a good independent mechanic .
Sponsored