Not open for further replies.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
A design that requires the front fender to be removed to replace a battery is in itself flawed.

Every time you need to remove body parts to do regular maintenance you are creating room for trouble.
Only because the retention method is cheap and not durable enough for repeated removal and reinstallation. Taking off and on parts for access is a necessary function in the transport airplane maintenance world. Designing the parts to be durable enough to come off and back on for the life of the product is the issue. The days of flipping a hood open and being able to access everything are gone. Space and maintenance access are more complex because our vehicles are more complex.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Only because the retention method is cheap and not durable enough for repeated removal and reinstallation. Taking off and on parts for access is a necessary function in the transport airplane maintenance world. Designing the parts to be durable enough to come off and back on for the life of the product is the issue. The days of flipping a hood open and being able to access everything are gone. Space and maintenance access are more complex because our vehicles are more complex.
Iā€™d hate to think that an air maintenance crew gets the same degree of training as a Jeep tech. šŸ˜«

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m sold on that reasoning, though. For a few decades now Porsche has been designing overly complicated vehicles, some of which require to drop the engine for a mere oil change. But thatā€™s part of their ā€œnicheā€ culture.

Jeeps are not niche ā€”at least not anymore; and they are supposed to stand for ā€œrugged simplicity.ā€ The idea that removing the front fender for maintenance was an acceptable design must have come from Fiat.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Respectfully, I edited my post to let people know I was wrong. We are not perfect, and at least I admit when I am wrong. i never noticed those rectangles, and at first sight it really did look as if it was cut.

Dealer still didnt reinstall the inner liner the right way. But I dont think it is their fault, and it isnt a big deal.

i am actively messing with my jeep. I do something to it every month. Eventually id find something that looks wrong and it isnt, thats just bound to happen. i am also active on the forums. And I post to make sure others benefit from my experienxe.
Exactly, you being an active member reinforces my point. You still rushed to judgement, vented and complained without actually knowing what you were talking about. Precisely why thereā€™s very few opinions I take seriously and itā€™s nothing personal.
People are rarely accountable and while you edited your post, thereā€™s still a good amount of viewers who wonā€™t read this again that think the dealer is the idiot in this scenario.

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Exactly, you being an active member reinforces my point. You still rushed to judgement, vented and complained without actually knowing what you were talking about. Precisely why thereā€™s very few opinions I take seriously and itā€™s nothing personal.
People are rarely accountable and while you edited your post, thereā€™s still a good amount of viewers who wonā€™t read this again that think the dealer is the idiot in this scenario.
it is a good thing to inspect dealer work always. Dealer name was never mentioned. And I never filed an actual complaint.

You just gotta understand what some of us have gone through. My jeep left me stranded when it was 300 miles for a bad front seat design. It took 4 dealers to solve the issue. The first dealer broke all my seats, driver, passenger and rear bench. They didnt even have to mess with the rear bench. It took over a year to get my seats fixed. This was not an exaggeration but a real issue that wasa acknowledged by corporate. All 4 dealers lied to me. More than once.

My auxiliary battery was gone before it got replaced. i noticed the several errors and I was told to go home 3 times, dealer lied saying they tested the battery and it was all good. Until my Jeep died and failed to start. Then they replaced it.

And I am not lying about the inner fender liner not going in correctly. They pulled it. They did not replace The rivet. I thought they cut a rectangle on it but they didnt, that wouldve been unnaceptable. But they still pulled the fender and it wont go back in as it should. They didnt reinstall it properly. I dont really mind though, but thats me. Also, it took them almost a week to replace the battery.

Their work is subpar. And i wont even go into the 6qts oil changes that are still happening. The dealer is an idiot. I am just too fucking nice.

Last edited:

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
it is a good thing to inspect dealer work always. Dealer name was never mentioned. And I never filed an actual complaint.

You just gotta understand what some of us have gone through. My jeep left me stranded when it was 300 miles for a bad front seat design. It took 4 dealers to solve the issue. The first dealer broke all my seats, driver, passenger and rear bench. They didnt even have to mess with the rear bench. It took over a year to get my seats fixed. This was not an exaggeration but a real issue that wasa acknowledged by corporate. All 4 dealers lied to me. More than once.

My auxiliary battery was gone before it got replaced. i noticed the several errors and I was told to go home 3 times, dealer lied saying they tested the battery and it was all good. Until my Jeep died and failed to start. Then they replaced it.

And I am not lying about the inner fender liner not going in correctly. They pulled it. They did not replace The rivet. I thought they cut a rectangle on it but they didnt, that wouldve been unnaceptable. But they still pulled the fender and it wont go back in as it should. They didnt reinstall it properly. I dont really mind though, but thats me. Also, it took them almost a week to replace the battery.

Their work is subpar. And i wont even go into the 6qts oil changes that are still happening. The dealer is an idiot. I am just too fucking nice.

Behavior or actions in this instance speak a lot louder than words. The fact you keep going back to dealers after multiple bad experiences suggests your negative experience is exaggerated. Which is incredibly common for any negative review on the internet.

Sponsored

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Behavior or actions in this instance speak a lot louder than words. The fact you keep going back to dealers after multiple bad experiences suggests your negative experience is exaggerated. Which is incredibly common for any negative review on the internet.
Your rationing is flawed,shortsighted and close minded. I dont go to the dealer. i only go on warranty issues. The seats could only get fixed through FCA warranty. The battery was also a factory warranty. Id never let these clowns change the oil in my jeep or do anything I can do myself.

My negative experience is not exaggerated. I have never have a dealer experience like this in my life. And i rarely complain in life. I am not the only one with these stories. But if you dont want to believe that then meh.

My mopar trailer harness works and I had a successful install without having to deal with dealer easter eggs in the future. I am gonna get on with my life. I suggest you do the same. Happy wheeling, or jeeping or wtver you do with your jeep.

Last edited:
OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I donā€™t go to the dealer, except when I go to the dealer. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.
Unfurtunately FCA doesnt offer other options for warranty work. We are forced to go to the dealer for warranty. This should be pretty darn obvious.

now youre just arguing for the sake of it. Enjoy your jeep . Damn NY is boring isnt it. You guys got a lot of malls tho right dealer fan boy?

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Unfurtunately FCA doesnt offer other options for warranty work. We are forced to go to the dealer for warranty. This should be pretty darn obvious.

now youre just arguing for the sake of it. Enjoy your jeep . Damn NY is boring isnt it. You guys got a lot of malls tho right dealer fan boy?
You aren't forced to replace the battery under warranty. You willingly chose to go to a place of business that repeatedly failed and disappointed you to save a few hundred bucks. While we all want to save money, it's absolutely foolish to return to a dealer considering you cited at least 7 different times they've disappointed you with this Jeep alone. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that maybe going through warranty again isn't worth the savings or headache.

I didn't argue anything in that comment. I literally quoted you and repeated what you said. The fact you're reacting so emotionally only legitimizes my original point that people come on here to complain without thinking rationally. Thank you.

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
You aren't forced to replace the battery under warranty. You willingly chose to go to a place of business that repeatedly failed and disappointed you to save a few hundred bucks. While we all want to save money, it's absolutely foolish to return to a dealer considering you cited at least 7 different times they've disappointed you with this Jeep alone. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that maybe going through warranty again isn't worth the savings or headache.

I didn't argue anything in that comment. I literally quoted you and repeated what you said. The fact you're reacting so emotionally only legitimizes my original point that people come on here to complain without thinking rationally. Thank you.
You are absolutely right. Have a good day.

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You are absolutely right. Have a good day.
@entropy Dang I believe that boy didn't get his breakfast today. Eat your Fruit Loops tomorrow. :like:

Excuse me. My Bad. He would be from New York, they do Brunch. Eat your poached egg tomorrow.:like:

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Iā€™d hate to think that an air maintenance crew gets the same degree of training as a Jeep tech. šŸ˜«

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m sold on that reasoning, though. For a few decades now Porsche has been designing overly complicated vehicles, some of which require to drop the engine for a mere oil change. But thatā€™s part of their ā€œnicheā€ culture.

Jeeps are not niche ā€”at least not anymore; and they are supposed to stand for ā€œrugged simplicity.ā€ The idea that removing the front fender for maintenance was an acceptable design must have come from Fiat.
I think the training for a car mechanic is starting to get as comprehensive as aircraft mechanics. At least for the ones that choose the auto industry path and do the 2 year college programs.

I dunno about Porches. Never heard of pulling the engine to change oil. But I heard about taking the bed of a GM truck to change the fuel pump and removing the cab from a Ford Super Duty to change the turbocharger.

I got a GMC and a Jeep and a plane. But I think the days of "rugged simplicity" went away when they put power windows, heated seats, body computers, transmission computers and engine computers in Jeeps. Everyone seems to want more convenience stuff (and get it for nothing, but that's a different topic). But one of the big costs with complex vehicles is the complex maintenance. The Hemi JL is another example. A lot of people pined for that on the internet and who knows if sales live up to the "demand" for FCA to do it. But it wouldn't surprise me if you have to lift the body off the thing to do some kinds of maintenance to that engine that's wedged in there. Just about anything built in the past 20 years requires removing the radiator to get the water pump off. Everything is tight.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Main reason I got my 3.6L with eTorque. It's covered under the longer emissions warranty and not much more expensive than the Genesis dual battery system.

Bypass is a good option but I don't like modifications even remotely interfering with warranty claims.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.