Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Old post:
So I was finishing up the installation of the mopar trailer wire harness today and noticed the dealer cut a rectangle on my inner fender liner to get access to the aux battery instead of cutting the rivets.

Edit: they didnt cut it. They just forgot to install a little trim piece and the rivet also wasnt going through the right place. No biggie in the end. But leaving this in case others notice this. I am glad i posted and somebody mentioned it before bashing on the dealer or calling their name.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dealer cuts inner fender to replace battery - vent IMG_20211125_164123057
Jeep Wrangler JL Dealer cuts inner fender to replace battery - vent IMG_20211125_164129948
Sponsored

Last edited:

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
I would be so pissed off it ain't funny. I hope you can go back and have the GM take care of it with new one installed. It's no wonder people sue these idiots!! These dealers have a buch of goofballs on the payroll!!

One thing I recommend from now on is to take pictures before you bring it in. I know you live in Pasadena so maybe you can find a AAA approved facility that is a dealership as well. It would be worth the phone call.

Sorry this happened to you. I would not let then deny this butcher work. Tell them they have everything to gain by cutting corners to save time.

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I would be so pissed off it ain't funny. I hope you can go back and have the GM take care of it with new one installed. It's no wonder people sue these idiots!! These dealers have a buch of goofballs on the payroll!!

One thing I recommend from now on is to take pictures before you bring it in. I know you live in Pasadena so maybe you can find a AAA approved facility that is a dealership as well. It would be worth the phone call.

Sorry this happened to you. I would not let then deny this butcher work. Tell them they have everything to gain by cutting corners to save time.
The worst part is that cutting the rivets is easier than cutting the liner. Thankfully these liners are cheap. But the fact they did this is so pathetic.

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys XR in Hydro Blue
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully there’s another dealership in the area that can repair it back to the pre-hacked stage before your other visit.

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hopefully there’s another dealership in the area that can repair it back to the pre-hacked stage before your other visit.
Only way to get it back is a new inner fender liner. No other dealer is gonna do it, theyll tell me to take it back to the dealer that did this since it is not a warranty issue. Ive also been to pretty much all dealers around and it is sad but they all suck. i have a story for each and every one of them.

i am gonna contact the original dealer and see what they have to say. Another dealer messed up my front seats badly in the past and they denied it forever. This was a major issue so I had to fight back and escalate it.

If they deny this I might contact jeep customer service and file a complaint. Id like a new fender liner and if possible install it myself cause I know how to do it right. But we will see. It is only a $56 part thankfuly.

Sponsored

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys XR in Hydro Blue
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
Only way to get it back is a new inner fender liner. No other dealer is gonna do it, theyll tell me to take it back to the dealer that did this since it is not a warranty issue. Ive also been to pretty much all dealers around and it is sad but they all suck. i have a story for each and every one of them.
This is where you have a meeting with the GM of The Hacking Dealer and inform him that you’ll be submitting his dealership a bill for the hack job they’ve done.....

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
So I was finishing up the installation of the mopar trailer wire harness today and noticed the dealer cut a rectangle on my inner fender liner to get access to the aux battery instead of cutting the rivets.

I dont get it man. These guys are absolute morons. What kind of training are they getting? Now the inner fender isnt properly installed. And theyre gonna deny they did it because thats what they do. Fml and this damn dealers. Their technicians are monkeys.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dealer cuts inner fender to replace battery - vent 1637901692978
Jeep Wrangler JL Dealer cuts inner fender to replace battery - vent 1637901692978
Late to the party, though what makes you think the dealer did this and what issue has it caused?

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Late to the party, though what makes you think the dealer did this and what issue has it caused?
they did it. i took my Jeep to replace an aux battery that died prematurely (warranty work). They removed the inner fender liner to get access to it, and it is stated in the receipt. I picked up the Jeep and the liner didnt look right, I though it was just they didnt put it back right. Then when I was installing my harness I realized they cut rectangles not just once but twice. If they didnt cut it then who did. Me? I didnt.

It hasnt cause any issue that I am aware other than the liner not fitting properly. There is a visible hole from the outside, it is open. Itll collect more dirt than normal and it is an eye sore thats it.

But thats not the point and idk why I have to explain myself. If you have ever serviced your aux battery or had to get inside the liner you would know the right procedure is to remove the rivets and reinstall new rivets. The rivets hold the liner to the fender. No rivets, not good. Cutting the fender makes that part of the liner hang instead of it being attached to the fender as it should. It also shows incompetence as removing and reinstalling a rivet is trivial.

So if the dealer doesnt know how to remove/install a fender inner liner, imagine them working on bigger things. Or theyre trying to cut corners. Either way it is lame af.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Nobody hacked anything... They are all like that. Calm down people.
It is cut. What are you talking about? The rivet is not even holding that piece of liner. Ive removed my liners. They are NOT like that.

Theres a giant hole and the liners sagging. All it takes is a fucking trim tool and a pair of scissors to properly remove the rivet.

Deleted member 59498

How did they cut it if it was riveted? Not doubting you just don't see how they could cut it while it was attached. Almost like it would have to be remove then cut.

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation