Dealer cuts inner fender to replace battery - vent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
Warranty work is just not worth it. I replaced my main battery myself, sucked up the price and job is done. I did not want to deal with stupid people dragging a battery across my front fender. Jeep dealers Suck.
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Let me double check maybe they just reinstalled it wrong.
Not all rivets go through liner, some have slots that fit around the rivets. The rivets are mainly there to hold the guts of the flare not the liner. Should be fine.

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
i can confirm. Theyre like that. They just missed one of the little trim pieces and the rivet right there went through wrong. Just made it look like it was cut.

Sorry i jumped the guns guys. ive had some traumatizing experience from other dealers before and thought I found a good one.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I don't see that the liner was cut, it has slots.
BUT, the Instant Firestorm of "Dealers Suck" is the biggest warning sign that Stellantis has to improve Dealer quality,especially Technician training.
We can only do so much DIY maintenance, and have to eventually return to Dealers. If that is a horrible experience, sales will drop, that's Business 101.

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
i can confirm. Theyre like that. They just missed one of the little trim pieces and the rivet right there went through wrong. Just made it look like it was cut.

Sorry i jumped the guns guys. ive had some traumatizing experience from other dealers before and thought I found a good one.
I still don't blame you one bit. OK sit down and have a coffee for my story:

In the early 90's to 2002 I worked for a company that hired a bunch of mechanics that were idiots. They did crap like clean up a exhaust leak I complained about with brake cleaner to make it looked like it was fixed and weird shit like that.

We had one solid mechanic "Steve" that was one of the smartest men I knew. Our Hino cabover had air brake issues for months where the pedal would go to the floor for no reason intermittently. No one believed me except for Steve. He tracked it down to a faulty air drier.

All the other mechanics talked the owner into not spending the money fix it because they could not reproduce the issue. At some point unbeknownst to me Steve and my boss managed to replace the air drier. They sent it in to a truck repair facility that specialized in air brakes.

I was on my way to San Diego from OC to do some generator servicing and swaps. On the way I had a belt blow. I pulled over, lifted up the cab (cabover truck) and pulled out the belt debris. I started driving and the brakes were acting up and I was unable to stop. This time they were just not engaging.

I made it all the way to San Diego and could not figure out the issue. I was done with this piece of shit truck that has had brake issues for months!! I was heavy towed back to the Anaheim shop.

About an hour after I got back to the shop the mechanic (one of the worthless dickhead shitty ones) walks up to me and asks "is this yours" and hands me my coffee cup. Apparently it wedged between the brake pedal and floorboard (when I lifted the cab for blown belt) preventing the brakes from engaging. Boy was my boss pissed!!

The crappy part about it was now anytime I found a issue with the trucks, I was known as the driver who "cries wolf". Final straw for me was when I found an exhaust leak and refused to drive up North until it was fixed. My boss took me out to the truck to show me it was ready. All the mechanics did was clean off the soot with brake cleaner. I called BS on the fix. I told my boss I would not drive it until the donut was replaced.

I was sent home for the day. I right then knew my time with this company was at an end. I switched careers and got a job driving tanker trucks. I saw the writing on the wall months before and had a job already lined up. I gave a one month notice and never looked back.

Point of my long winded story is you end up traumatized. There are only so many times you can get screwed before you start thinking that all these mechanics are incompetent monkey's.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
A design that requires the front fender to be removed to replace a battery is in itself flawed.

Every time you need to remove body parts to do regular maintenance you are creating room for trouble.

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
A design that requires the front fender to be removed to replace a battery is in itself flawed.

Every time you need to remove body parts to do regular maintenance you are creating room for trouble.
Yes this is true. It isnt their fault entirely the thing didnt get put right imo. This dealer did a great job fixing my seats, so I am glad this didnt end up being as bad as I initially thought. Ill cut them some slack on this one.

Sponsored

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Respectfully, this is a good example of why I don't take many reviews or complaints seriously on the internet.
Respectfully, I edited my post to let people know I was wrong. We are not perfect, and at least I admit when I am wrong. i never noticed those rectangles, and at first sight it really did look as if it was cut.

Dealer still didnt reinstall the inner liner the right way. But I dont think it is their fault, and it isnt a big deal.

i am actively messing with my jeep. I do something to it every month. Eventually id find something that looks wrong and it isnt, thats just bound to happen. i am also active on the forums. And I post to make sure others benefit from my experienxe.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service

A not insignificant number of modern cars need the front bumper pulled off to replace a headlight bulb.

OP, that rivet was never removed. It is going through exactly what it has always gone through. Tuck the tab in.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Dodge Journey that you have to remove inner fender well on drivers' side to replace battery. Can't even see battery under hood. Dumb design for some reason.

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
Probably best to delete this entire post.
I don't agree. The trust at these dealerships is lost. More times than not they screw something up. In the end they still did not do it correctly.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.