First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangle Sahara JLU
Occupation
Retired
I agree. My VW dealership was amazing when it came to any and all of my issues. The Jeep dealers however.......
As soon as Bozo hung up on me I called Jeep Cares and I have a case#7######7 I know it an independent dealership and Jeep can little or nothing. I can't afford some assmonkey sending lawyers after me But it's a small town on the south side of Raleigh NC goes by _________CJD.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
When dealerships stop carrying about survey scores it is usually because they are so far away from getting ā€œcustomers satisfactionā€ incentive bonuses from Jeep that they no longer even attempt to try.
My prior CDJR dealer in Long Beach, CA, is family owned; the managers have been in their positions 10-20 years. The dealership has been in business for 100+ years. They knew me and I knew them by name. Their customer service was awesome.

Then around 2014, FCA started forcing these absurd survey metrics: only a 10 counts. And tying all sorts of financial incentives to those perfect 10s.

All of a sudden my Service Advisor didn't know what constituted good customer service anymore. Personal responsibility took a back seat to deflecting blame whenever an issue arose. All his focus was on getting that perfect 10 or he would lose a lot of money. He started telling me things like "Aldo, you will be getting a survey in a few days. I would appreciate if you could give me all 10s. Anything less doesn't count."

It was disappointing to hear that from him. But I couldn't blame him; he was simply trying to make a living within the confines of the rules imposed by FCA.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
As soon as Bozo hung up on me I called Jeep Cares and I have a case#7######7 I know it an independent dealership and Jeep can little or nothing. I can't afford some assmonkey sending lawyers after me But it's a small town on the south side of Raleigh NC goes by _________CJD.
I almost did business with them. I liked the price I was offered, but they could never get me an out the door price. But kept calling/texting even though I kept asking for my out the door price, they would never give it. Eventually I bought somewhere else because I was tired of waiting... They did seem a bit pushy, at least trying to get me to let them handle financing for me.

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
Calling Corporate and telling them your experience is one thing, second thing, call the OWNER of the dealership, be polite and courteous but tell him Exactly what was said to you. Iā€™m pretty laid back, but a few decades ago Iā€™d have paid a social call on the a-hole that cussed me out. šŸ˜

OP
OP
78cj7-18lj

78cj7-18lj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangle Sahara JLU
Occupation
Retired
I almost did business with them. I liked the price I was offered, but they could never get me an out the door price. But kept calling/texting even though I kept asking for my out the door price, they would never give it. Eventually I bought somewhere else because I was tired of waiting... They did seem a bit pushy, at least trying to get me to let them handle financing for me.
I took an overnight bus, the subway and a train then an uber to pick up my jeep. It was a very long day, but an unbelievable deal because nobody wanted a 4 banger turbocharged jeep. The local Raleigh dealerships are crazy, sticker price minus a few crumbs.

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I feel for you guys/gals with bad experiences in the service dept's of FCA. I have actually had the opposite in mine and after reading these post's I am not surprised at the survey responses! My time spent at the service department is and has always been very respectful and personable...not one of the service personnel has ever done anything to warrant anything less than a 10 on the survey. Honestly they go above and beyond when ever I have any issue they will make room for an appointment or tell me to drop by when I can and they will squeeze me in. Because of this I have always rated them high because imo they really do deserve it. I know them all by name and have (I Think) a great relationship with them. They really do have great customer service...I feel lucky to have them when I need them.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
This weekend I filled out a survey for a warranty repair. I didn't intend to do it, I know I deleted it at least once but they sent it again so I did it. This is not the dealership I purchased form as it's 5 hours away. This dealerships in the past ( I've been in 4 time?) treats you like who the hell are you and what the F$#@ do you want (service department). Said dealership rep literally laughed in my face in early 2020 when I asked to have my steering repaired, ya right was the response then changed the subject.
So I get a call this morning form the dealership manager and he proceeded to cuss my out over my servey. He wanted to know who. Well that's easy look at the case file see who handled. I told him you figure it, out at which point he goes off cussing me he even dropped th F Bomb on me and hangs up.
Now that is how you run a professional service department, the customer is always wrong.
This was the dealership Manager, very disappointing. I guess I'll need to get on a waiting list for a Ford Broncos.
I called jeep to thank them for the lovely conversation I had with my local dealerships. They were very nice, they didn't even cuss me for being unhappy with my very expensive, problem plagued JEEP!
1) immediately write to FCA or whatever they are called now. Do not ad lib at all... state only the absolute facts as you know them about this call
2) find out who owns the dealership. Do the same with them And tell them who called you from the dealership
3) NEVER, EVER, EVER visit that dealership again for any reason (and tell them the same).

done. Wash the FCA/Jeep dealer stink off your hands and walk away never to look back.

Kanonn

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Unlimited Rubicon 2014
This weekend I filled out a survey for a warranty repair. I didn't intend to do it, I know I deleted it at least once but they sent it again so I did it. This is not the dealership I purchased form as it's 5 hours away. This dealerships in the past ( I've been in 4 time?) treats you like who the hell are you and what the F$#@ do you want (service department). Said dealership rep literally laughed in my face in early 2020 when I asked to have my steering repaired, ya right was the response then changed the subject.
So I get a call this morning form the dealership manager and he proceeded to cuss my out over my servey. He wanted to know who. Well that's easy look at the case file see who handled. I told him you figure it, out at which point he goes off cussing me he even dropped th F Bomb on me and hangs up.
Now that is how you run a professional service department, the customer is always wrong.
This was the dealership Manager, very disappointing. I guess I'll need to get on a waiting list for a Ford Broncos.
I called jeep to thank them for the lovely conversation I had with my local dealerships. They were very nice, they didn't even cuss me for being unhappy with my very expensive, problem plagued JEEP!
I can relate. I hate taking my jeep to the dealership. They bent my hood hinges once because they didn't know how to latch down the hood. They blew the electric bully dog module twice on inspections. Now everytime I take it in, I have to disconnect and remove it completely. They've stripped my screws to my iron underarmor plates....oh...man I could go on. Dumbass CERTIFIED mechanics...yes...CERTIFIED
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
They bent my hood hinges once because they didn't know how to latch down the hood.
I had locking hood latches I forgot to unlock that my dealer successfully unlocked because the key was in the cup holder. They then relocked the hood. Had to bring it immediately back because they put in another aluminum box, and the second time they just broke both locks.

Sponsored

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
Didn't read the whole thread, but I'd like to know the dealership. I'm in Carolina and definitely do not want to go there.
Thanks,

G.

Outrider1

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
The dealer I bought new from has made sure I didn't receive a survey. The treatment I received would guarantee a zero.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Is it me, or do more and more dealers seem like they are being run by crime families. Imagine Tony Soprano and his crew running a car dealer.

I know that around here, many dealers are being bought up by big companies. Sometimes the name changes, sometimes not. Without a real owner, there is no real interest in protecting their name or reputation when it comes to dealing with individual customers.
That trend extends to several extremely large companies. They even discriminate who they wish to do business with by ideology or even race openly nowadays.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I can relate. I hate taking my jeep to the dealership. They bent my hood hinges once because they didn't know how to latch down the hood. They blew the electric bully dog module twice on inspections. Now everytime I take it in, I have to disconnect and remove it completely. They've stripped my screws to my iron underarmor plates....oh...man I could go on. Dumbass CERTIFIED mechanics...yes...CERTIFIED
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Yes. They are certified to...piss off customers!

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Iā€™ve always been honest on those things ā€” never gotten called. Thatā€™s crazy.

if that happened to me Iā€™d just bring more vehicles in for service solely to slam them on surveys.
Sponsored