Sponsored

Dealer Cussed me out over Survey!

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
Have it your way. But if you give the dealer a bunch of zeroes, your survey will end up in the trash.

It won’t serve any purpose in there, will it.
Without (me) having first-hand knowledge in this situation, there is some truth to this.

There are other types of surveys where they will throw out the high and low scores just to avoid the glamorous "all 10s" or the pissed off "all 0s"
Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
To be clear I WASN'T TRYING TO BE A DICK.
We spend a lot of money on our Jeeps, I just want a quality product that is backed by a solid warranty. I don't expect to be treated like I'm trying to get over if I want the steering repaired. My jeep has less than 10.000 miles on it and they act like I don't know let me see what we can do, when everyone in the Jeep world knows about the steering issue. They looked at it hard trying to find a reason not to repair it. When I showed them the TSB I was told NO that is old and the program is over.
Why do we have to argue with service about a know issue.
The program is over? LMFAOOO what a piece of s***. Give more negative reviews on Yelp and anywhere else you can abs complain to corporate and every other way you know how. F*** that piece of s***
What right does he have? Lowlife moron of a manager.

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
and Yelp! I check both before going to a dealership to see what other people’s experiences have been. Id put all that info you put in the OP in the reviews. Let customers know the manager has no problem cussing out unsatisfied customers.

and yes, post the dealer and managers name in here. So others can be warned about them.
I've learned my lesson in this as well. I'm a huge creep on reviews before I got to dealers or food joints now too. Left a review on google for when I went and didn't get a call back at all. Kind of baffled honestly but they probably dealt with such a large number of bad reviews for the service department that they probably blow it off.

P.S. Larry H Miller on Havana in Aurora, CO is a hard no don't go.

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
I'm in the middle of Atlanta and the dealer closest to me was an absolute nightmare, sending me out the door with steering box bolts tightened to less than half the correct spec and a not-even-finger-tight pitman arm nut. And this was after they installed a second aluminum box. And they didn't seem to care at all about the surveys. Not one time did anyone ever mention a survey to me the entire time I was using them.

Edit: Dealer is Landmark Atlanta
When dealerships stop carrying about survey scores it is usually because they are so far away from getting “customers satisfaction” incentive bonuses from Jeep that they no longer even attempt to try.

OP
OP
78cj7-18lj

78cj7-18lj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangle Sahara JLU
Occupation
Retired
It wasn't a bunch of 0's . It was 3-4-5 only 0's was for dealership recommendations. We have decades of customer service experience in our home I know when I'm told I'll have to check and see if it's under warranty is BS. It's a 2018 bought new 8/19 has less than 10k on and you have to ask your boss if you can fix my steering! I was generous with my review.

Sponsored

bullfrog3459

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Caliber (Sold), 2012 Black Dodge Journey, 2021 HellaYella Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
Network Administrator / Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Of all of the dealers you are dealing with, how many are in a big city and how many are in more rural areas? I have usually found that if you are willing to drive out from the city, the service is often better as they are trying to grow their base beyond their small town.

My 1/50th of a dollar ...
I don't know. I live in a small city of 89,000 people. We are the largest town in the county. This is the worst Jeep dealer I have ever dealt with.

My best Jeep experience was with my dealer in Long Beach, CA, right off the I-405 and hundreds thousands of daily commuters.
I'm going to go with Larry and agree here. I live in the middle of Kansas and so finding a Jeep dealership is hard enough, but the ones around know they have you by the nuts and continuously treat people like crap. I live in a town of about 50k and went to a town that is about 15k to purchase our Jeep. Not only was the sales staff excellent, but we had the dog and pony show and met the GM and all of the managers from sales to service and everywhere in between. Our sales guy has checked up a few times making sure nothing is having an issue and still enjoy our ride, etc.

We took it in for it's first free oil change and they didn't rotate the tires like I asked them (i already do it myself and it's 5 tire, they will only do 4 ...) but they even filled the oil correctly with the right amount without me telling them.

Honestly, every dealership is different. Some good and some bad. We have a Jeep dealership in town and they wouldn't even take my money when trying to put down a deposit, let alone order one and was rude. They only began to care when surveys were talked about and because of where I work (apparently it was a huge thing for them).

Surveys are where you can get leverage with any dealership. Everyone says, money talks, and the survey is directly tied to that.

whiterubicon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I bought from Harpers Jeep / Ram / Chrysler in Knoxville, TN. They were a pretty good dealership. Nothing over the top crazy, but they were honest and got me through the sale in a short amount of time. The finance guy was honest and didn't try to upsell me with anything that I didn't need. I would recommend them. Late last year I bought a Mercedes from Mercedes of Raleigh in NC - best dealership I have been to. Very honest and always make sure that you are informed of everything. Couldn't be happier with them.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The survey should be anonymous if they want you to tell the truth in today’s world of retribution payback vindictiveness. If any speech or any written word that you make goes against the grain. You could be targeted. In California every person who signed the recall effort they’re going to go after. They’re searching out every person. Sad times indeed.
That is very true, indeed.

However, customer satisfaction surveys are paid by the automakers and the dealers have to give their consent to contact their customers. In return, dealers want to know who said what.

This is not the best approach from a consumer research perspective, but it is a comprise to get all the involved parties to participate.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
This weekend I filled out a survey for a warranty repair. I didn't intend to do it, I know I deleted it at least once but they sent it again so I did it. This is not the dealership I purchased form as it's 5 hours away. This dealerships in the past ( I've been in 4 time?) treats you like who the hell are you and what the F$#@ do you want (service department). Said dealership rep literally laughed in my face in early 2020 when I asked to have my steering repaired, ya right was the response then changed the subject.
So I get a call this morning form the dealership manager and he proceeded to cuss my out over my servey. He wanted to know who. Well that's easy look at the case file see who handled. I told him you figure it, out at which point he goes off cussing me he even dropped th F Bomb on me and hangs up.
Now that is how you run a professional service department, the customer is always wrong.
This was the dealership Manager, very disappointing. I guess I'll need to get on a waiting list for a Ford Broncos.
I called jeep to thank them for the lovely conversation I had with my local dealerships. They were very nice, they didn't even cuss me for being unhappy with my very expensive, problem plagued JEEP!
Name this dealership so no one has to go through the treatment again. That is awful. They both need to lose their jobs!

Sponsored

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
This weekend I filled out a survey for a warranty repair. I didn't intend to do it, I know I deleted it at least once but they sent it again so I did it. This is not the dealership I purchased form as it's 5 hours away. This dealerships in the past ( I've been in 4 time?) treats you like who the hell are you and what the F$#@ do you want (service department). Said dealership rep literally laughed in my face in early 2020 when I asked to have my steering repaired, ya right was the response then changed the subject.
So I get a call this morning form the dealership manager and he proceeded to cuss my out over my servey. He wanted to know who. Well that's easy look at the case file see who handled. I told him you figure it, out at which point he goes off cussing me he even dropped th F Bomb on me and hangs up.
Now that is how you run a professional service department, the customer is always wrong.
This was the dealership Manager, very disappointing. I guess I'll need to get on a waiting list for a Ford Broncos.
I called jeep to thank them for the lovely conversation I had with my local dealerships. They were very nice, they didn't even cuss me for being unhappy with my very expensive, problem plagued JEEP!
Its always a bummer when you experience someone in customer service having a bad day and taking it out on the customer. Good luck with the Bronco, I wouldn't say its a more reliable bet. We don't know what problems it could have, the platform is almost entirely new and Ford hasn't been making reliable motors lately. I'd probably just shoot for a 4Runner if you really want a vehicle that just goes and you don't have to think about it, but you sacrifice the fun Jeep characteristics.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
When having service done, tell the service writer or manager when you’re leaving it, “I’d love to be able to give a review with all 10’s. Give me “10” service and I’ll gladly give all 10’s on the survey I receive.” It tends to work.

Luxury brands typically don’t have this issue, and many of them don’t beg for good surveys. They go above and beyond to the point where you feel honored to give them a positive survey.

My wife is a regional director of operations in a medical field. Their patient satisfaction surveys are critical to bonuses as well as keeping your job. It is maddening to hear stories of patients who leave poor reviews for idiotic reasons. One of her facilities in the north Houston suburbs received a very poor review by a patient. The reason why?

They have a locker room in the mammography center where ladies can leave their personal effects when going in for the procedure. The place was brand spanking new with swanky wooden lockers and furniture like an NFL locker room. The complaint was not a long wait time in the waiting room. Not unprofessional service. Not a mamo tech that hurt her during the mammogram. Nope. The complaint was about the lockers that have names of prominent women rather than numbers. There’s a Barbara Bush, Amelia Earhart, Ann Richards, Lady Bird Johnson, Eleanor Roosevelt, Joan of Arc, Queen Elizabeth, Rosa Parks, Oprah Winfrey, Marie Curie, etc. She got a bad score because there was no Melania Trump locker. This was in December of 2016 when she wasn’t even officially First Lady yet. True story.

If you get crappy service like OP did, give a review that reflects that. If you give a bad survey because you’re just a dick, die in a fire.

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
To be clear I WASN'T TRYING TO BE A DICK.
We spend a lot of money on our Jeeps, I just want a quality product that is backed by a solid warranty. I don't expect to be treated like I'm trying to get over if I want the steering repaired. My jeep has less than 10.000 miles on it and they act like I don't know let me see what we can do, when everyone in the Jeep world knows about the steering issue. They looked at it hard trying to find a reason not to repair it. When I showed them the TSB I was told NO that is old and the program is over.
Why do we have to argue with service about a know issue.
Wow, you are experiencing the exact sorry dealership attitude I've seen. Over and over it's a wrestling match with them.
Steering TSB, hard top paint defect, paint bubbling on doors and hood (repairs still pending approval). And today just found the rear main seal started leaking (3.6). Can't wait to see how they will try to avoid fixing that.

Poor to terrible customer service from start to finish 8 out of 10 times at my local dealership.

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
@JeepCares

I would report this incident to corporate. Personally, I like to be honest in my surveys because I want to see change for the better. I haven't seen a domestic dealership I been impressed by. Best overall service I had was from Mini; had one complaint but it was quickly handled and improved on every time after. Dealer shouldn't take offense, they should take it as advice to improve on and work from there. Absolutely shouldn't get mad at the customer.
I agree. My VW dealership was amazing when it came to any and all of my issues. The Jeep dealers however.......

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

In California every person who signed the recall effort they’re going to go after. They’re searching out every person. Sad times indeed.
let them come at me bro!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Dealer Cussed me out over Survey! say hello
Sponsored