First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangle Sahara JLU
Occupation
Retired
This weekend I filled out a survey for a warranty repair. I didn't intend to do it, I know I deleted it at least once but they sent it again so I did it. This is not the dealership I purchased form as it's 5 hours away. This dealerships in the past ( I've been in 4 time?) treats you like who the hell are you and what the F$#@ do you want (service department). Said dealership rep literally laughed in my face in early 2020 when I asked to have my steering repaired, ya right was the response then changed the subject.
So I get a call this morning form the dealership manager and he proceeded to cuss my out over my servey. He wanted to know who. Well that's easy look at the case file see who handled. I told him you figure it, out at which point he goes off cussing me he even dropped th F Bomb on me and hangs up.
Now that is how you run a professional service department, the customer is always wrong.
This was the dealership Manager, very disappointing. I guess I'll need to get on a waiting list for a Ford Broncos.
I called jeep to thank them for the lovely conversation I had with my local dealerships. They were very nice, they didn't even cuss me for being unhappy with my very expensive, problem plagued JEEP!
Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
@JeepCares

I would report this incident to corporate. Personally, I like to be honest in my surveys because I want to see change for the better. I haven't seen a domestic dealership I been impressed by. Best overall service I had was from Mini; had one complaint but it was quickly handled and improved on every time after. Dealer shouldn't take offense, they should take it as advice to improve on and work from there. Absolutely shouldn't get mad at the customer.

Sponsored

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
I too completed a survey when I ignored the first one sent. Was critical about an issue with the paint which the dealership hadn't gotten back to me in more than a week.
My salesperson called me a few days later and was pissed. Not at me but at the body shop. Told me that if they don't contact me soon, to call her back.
They called the next day and everything is being taken care of. Should get my Jeep back later today.
I would suggest filling those surveys out, both bad and good. My guess is that Jeep must reward dealerships who are given high mark's by customers.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Is it me, or do more and more dealers seem like they are being run by crime families. Imagine Tony Soprano and his crew running a car dealer.

I know that around here, many dealers are being bought up by big companies. Sometimes the name changes, sometimes not. Without a real owner, there is no real interest in protecting their name or reputation when it comes to dealing with individual customers.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
What is the OP dealer? Get their name out there as one of the bad ones! Manager too! We don't need to tolerate the dealer BS antics!

It sounds like you have a very valid reason for the negative review, and now even more reason. If the dealer really cared they would make changes. Most don't seem to care though other than to scare customers into perfect reviews so Jeep doesn't take notice.

OP
OP
78cj7-18lj

78cj7-18lj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangle Sahara JLU
Occupation
Retired
To be clear I WASN'T TRYING TO BE A DICK.
We spend a lot of money on our Jeeps, I just want a quality product that is backed by a solid warranty. I don't expect to be treated like I'm trying to get over if I want the steering repaired. My jeep has less than 10.000 miles on it and they act like I don't know let me see what we can do, when everyone in the Jeep world knows about the steering issue. They looked at it hard trying to find a reason not to repair it. When I showed them the TSB I was told NO that is old and the program is over.
Why do we have to argue with service about a know issue.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
@JeepCares

I would report this incident to corporate. Personally, I like to be honest in my surveys because I want to see change for the better. I haven't seen a domestic dealership I been impressed by. Best overall service I had was from Mini; had one complaint but it was quickly handled and improved on every time after. Dealer shouldn't take offense, they should take it as advice to improve on and work from there. Absolutely shouldn't get mad at the customer.
I haven't seen a import dealership that I've been impressed with. Honda and Toyota dealers are terrible from my experiences. I had a Chevy dealer that I was very impressed with their professionalism in addressing warranty matters quickly and fairly. I haven't been overly impressed with my Jeep dealer so far. I'm going to try a different Jeep dealer in town to see if my Jeep dealership experience improves. Everytime I've attempted to get Honda warranty service they've always deflected and attempted to blame me for the issue.

Unfortunately, when you speak to the manufacturer about a dealership experience, there isn't much they can do. I've always been told to try another dealership.

Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Surveys for car salesmen are very, very important. If they don’t get perfect 10 out of 10s they legitimately lose a lot of money off their commission. We’re talking a grand or two for the first bad survey alone. Given service managers work off commission too, I imagine this is the same or similar for them.

If you want something made right or want to hit them hard, the survey is the way to do it. It’s the only way with most of the shitty dealerships out there. Money talks.

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
Google reviews.

ALWAYS leave a Google Review. Where I live - that's what businesses care about most. Whether anything comes of it or not... Still - has a good impact compared to internal review/survey.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
This weekend I filled out a survey for a warranty repair. I didn't intend to do it, I know I deleted it at least once but they sent it again so I did it. This is not the dealership I purchased form as it's 5 hours away. This dealerships in the past ( I've been in 4 time?) treats you like who the hell are you and what the F$#@ do you want (service department). Said dealership rep literally laughed in my face in early 2020 when I asked to have my steering repaired, ya right was the response then changed the subject.
So I get a call this morning form the dealership manager and he proceeded to cuss my out over my servey. He wanted to know who. Well that's easy look at the case file see who handled. I told him you figure it, out at which point he goes off cussing me he even dropped th F Bomb on me and hangs up.
Now that is how you run a professional service department, the customer is always wrong.
This was the dealership Manager, very disappointing. I guess I'll need to get on a waiting list for a Ford Broncos.
I called jeep to thank them for the lovely conversation I had with my local dealerships. They were very nice, they didn't even cuss me for being unhappy with my very expensive, problem plagued JEEP!
Goddam! Sounds just like my service manager!

Must be all part of the training program they receive from FCA...

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I gotta agree about import dealers, the popoular/non luxury brands that is. Most Jeep/Ram/Dodge dealers are every bit as bad in both sales and service. The only delers I’ve walked out of before even looking at a vehicle I was interested in were Toyota and Jeep dealers. That was due to slimy and unknowledgeable staff.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Not sure what's happened to Fiat Chrysler's service dept. customer service, but it is without a doubt botton of the barrel. At this point even Comcast has become better than them. ANY modification invalidates a warranty. One of those damn air vent clip air fresheners is actually responsible for your steering issues.

As to the surveys, I've always filled them out because of how horrible the service has been. No one from the dealership nor corporate has ever contacted me to see what the problem was.
Sponsored