Dealer Cussed me out over Survey!

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
This is my one of my issues (just one example) with Capital CJD in Garner NC.
3/11/20 I take Jeep in for 1st oil change 4,488 miles. When I leave dealership according to FCA (mileage indicated on paperwork and the Jeep mobile app) my Jeep has 34.488 miles on it!!!

After more than a year do you think it's been corrected?
Does JEEP care?
No and apparently not.
I'm done with this shit!
That would annoy me, what does it say on the Carfax? My insurance provider allows me to track maintenance via Carfax through their app.
Sponsored

actionplus

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Let me say, this is my American vehicle. Always wanted a Jeep, but never understood why I would pay that much for interiors which looks like there were made so cheap. Carpets and so forth. But this year, I pulled the trigger as you're paying to the mechanics of what a Jeep can do. And I am liking that portion of it, putting aside what the materials make up of the insides.

But when it comes to service. I am not sure. The dealer I bought the Jeep from did not even call me the next day or 2 weeks after to find out how everything was. I was monitoring this as he wanted the survey to be 10 when he mentioned about it.
A month later, I did the survey and there was a question on, if they called to find out if everything was ok. I marked "no contact".
Day after the survey, he calls to asked why I did not give all 10s. And I told him about the questionnaire. And I answered it truthfully. He was not happy. He said he can called and talked me. I asked him when and what time? I would have a record of all the calls. Told him to show the record you made the call to his boss if he needed to overturn the survey.

Basically, I was not happy as I was told I had 1 yr or 6 months of Uconnect that comes with the purchase. Well, after trying out for many days thinking it was the way I set it up. I found out my purchase did not come with it. My fault for not reading the sticker right.

Another thing. This is my first Jeep. Asked him about the 4WD shifter. He told me this and that. I asked him, is there anyway to tell what am I on, if I don't look at the shifter. He said the Jeep will not allow you to shift if you are not supposed to be on certain setting. Other than that, nothing. Then I saw the display in the driver console with all position it is currently on. Told him, yes you can and showed him the display by the tach.

I have put in a couple of requests for service through the Jeep dealership website. Still waiting for a single call back from both the dealer I contacted. Last week a sent for request for quote on parts I needed to change out to steel bumpers. Still waiting.
I went ahead and ordered through allmoparparts that was recommended by this forum.

Anyways, my experience for customer service coming from Audi, MBZ and Volvo cars throughout the years to a Jeep is totally different. Guess your pay premium for those foreign cars for a reason. They are on top of things when it comes to customer service.

I'm getting email about adding on warranty service plan. Hmm. Do I even want to think about those. Plan to add spam filter for those. :)

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
This is my one of my issues (just one example) with Capital CJD in Garner NC.
3/11/20 I take Jeep in for 1st oil change 4,488 miles. When I leave dealership according to FCA (mileage indicated on paperwork and the Jeep mobile app) my Jeep has 34.488 miles on it!!!

After more than a year do you think it's been corrected?
Does JEEP care?
No and apparently not.
I'm done with this shit!
OUCH! That mileage error is going to probably show up on the future carfax as a potential odometer rollback after your next service which will show a mileage of much less.. Of course someone will understand the error made but still a permanent blemish on a history report that was completely caused by this moron Service Writer.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
OUCH! That mileage error is going to probably show up on the future carfax as a potential odometer rollback after your next service which will show a mileage of much less.. Of course someone will understand the error made but still a permanent blemish on a history report that was completely caused by this moron Service Writer.
Umm...that's a decimal point, not a comma. I'm not sure if he meant to put 34k miles in that message but he's saying they listed it as less than 35 miles.

hybrid3.0

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JGC
What's sad is these Rubicons cost just as much as a BMW. Yet we are treated the same as a Journey buyer.
+1. This is unfortunately so true! I have to remind myself that the dealership experience is pegged at the $20-30k price point irrespective of my $65k 4xe. The opposite is true when you buy a $40k Mercedes and get treated like a $90-$120k customer. Of course, the annual oil service starts around $600 at Mercedes, so you pay for the VIP treatment and 'free' cappuccinos!🤠