Sponsored

Dealer Cussed me out over Survey!

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
I gotta agree about import dealers, the popoular/non luxury brands that is. Most Jeep/Ram/Dodge dealers are every bit as bad in both sales and service. The only delers I’ve walked out of before even looking at a vehicle I was interested in were Toyota and Jeep dealers. That was due to slimy and unknowledgeable staff.
My salesman didn't even know how to drive a Manual. For the test drive I had to pull my new Jeep out of the tight spot they tucked it into between flooded ditch and surrounded on 3 sides by other new vehicles and over a parking block.
Sponsored

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
Of all of the dealers you are dealing with, how many are in a big city and how many are in more rural areas? I have usually found that if you are willing to drive out from the city, the service is often better as they are trying to grow their base beyond their small town.

My 1/50th of a dollar ...

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

They push these surveys so much. Like you, I normally don't reply to them if my experience was not a 10 out of 10. The other day my local dealer took a bunch of paint off of my tire carrier and broke the cable to my rear camera trying to remove the tire. This is after I specifically told them not to do a 5 wheel rotation. Then they told me that they normally don't cover damage to aftermarket tire carriers and cameras. I told them that at the very least they could get me a new wire harness for the camera and was told "we will talk to our manager to see." I needed to take the Jeep home and so I had to sign out for the oil change. On the form, I noted the items that were damaged. Then, I was told that I would receive a survey and should rate them 10 out of 10! I told them that if the survey comes before my wire harness is approved and installed, forget about a 10 out of 10. All of a sudden their attitude changed and they called out a manager... The manager promised to take care of it, not sure if they would have even ordered the wire harness if I had not have made a comment about the survey. He told me how important the survey was to them. These surveys are not about customer satisfaction, they are about inflating their reputation and getting higher commission or pay as mentioned above.

That was a week ago and no call back about the camera...

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Is it me, or do more and more dealers seem like they are being run by crime families. Imagine Tony Soprano and his crew running a car dealer.
That isn't fiction.

Surveys for car salesmen are very, very important. If they don’t get perfect 10 out of 10s they legitimately lose a lot of money off their commission. We’re talking a grand or two for the first bad survey alone.

If you want something made right or want to hit them hard, the survey is the way to do it. It’s the only way with most of the shitty dealerships out there. Money talks.
Both my salesman and the Sales Mgr asked me to post a review (on Google? or their website? They didn't specify where) after I took delivery of my new JLU.

Both the Sales Mgr and the Finance Mgr, the fellow with whom I actually did the ppwrk, were careful to mention that the sale staff's remuneration is linked to contents of customer reviews. The subtext of what they were saying to me was plain: anything less than glowing platitudes would have an adverse effect on at least one paycheck.

I refuse to lie when posting such reviews, which is why I refused to provide one. Nothing less than plain prevarication would be required to camouflage the reality of my purchase experience. None of it was bad, in the strictest sense, but everything about the experience had room for improvement: product knowledge, waiting times, presentation, communication...everything.

I couldn't have sugar coated a single thing in any such review without having to see a priest for confession afterwards. Better that I just walk away from the idea.

Yes, I suppose that a well-written negative review would affect the dealer in a manner they wouldn't like to occur.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Of all of the dealers you are dealing with, how many are in a big city and how many are in more rural areas? I have usually found that if you are willing to drive out from the city, the service is often better as they are trying to grow their base beyond their small town.

I don't know. I live in a small city of 89,000 people. We are the largest town in the county. This is the worst Jeep dealer I have ever dealt with.

My best Jeep experience was with my dealer in Long Beach, CA, right off the I-405 and hundreds thousands of daily commuters.

Sponsored

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
They push these surveys so much. Like you, I normally don't reply to them if my experience was not a 10 out of 10. The other day my local dealer took a bunch of paint off of my tire carrier and broke the cable to my rear camera trying to remove the tire. This is after I specifically told them not to do a 5 wheel rotation. Then they told me that they normally don't cover damage to aftermarket tire carriers and cameras. I told them that at the very least they could get me a new wire harness for the camera and was told "we will talk to our manager to see." I needed to take the Jeep home and so I had to sign out for the oil change. On the form, I noted the items that were damaged. Then, I was told that I would receive a survey and should rate them 10 out of 10! I told them that if the survey comes before my wire harness is approved and installed, forget about a 10 out of 10. All of a sudden their attitude changed and they called out a manager... The manager promised to take care of it, not sure if they would have even ordered the wire harness if I had not have made a comment about the survey. He told me how important the survey was to them. These surveys are not about customer satisfaction, they are about inflating their reputation and getting higher commission or pay as mentioned above.

That was a week ago and no call back about the camera...
WTF is this BS?!! They damage it themselves and say this?! Sorry, but I would've went into straight "dick customer" mode after that!!

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney

I'm in the middle of Atlanta and the dealer closest to me was an absolute nightmare, sending me out the door with steering box bolts tightened to less than half the correct spec and a not-even-finger-tight pitman arm nut. And this was after they installed a second aluminum box. And they didn't seem to care at all about the surveys. Not one time did anyone ever mention a survey to me the entire time I was using them.

Edit: Dealer is Landmark Atlanta

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Google reviews.

ALWAYS leave a Google Review. Where I live - that's what businesses care about most. Whether anything comes of it or not... Still - has a good impact compared to internal review/survey.
and Yelp! I check both before going to a dealership to see what other people’s experiences have been. Id put all that info you put in the OP in the reviews. Let customers know the manager has no problem cussing out unsatisfied customers.

and yes, post the dealer and managers name in here. So others can be warned about them.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
TIPS FOR FILLING OUT A CUSTOMER SERVICE SURVEY:

If you are unhappy with your experience, give the dealer a mid-range score —e.g., a 5 on a 10-point scale.

FCA only counts 10s and 9s; they consider everything else a “fail”. So a 5 is really bad.

Automakers tie bonuses to these survey results. And when money is involved, nothing is sacred.

Dealers will argue that surveys with a bunch of zeroes be tossed out. Their argument hinges on the idea that no real life experience deserves a zero, no matter how bad it was; so the customer must be unreasonable. Dealers will yell and scream until those surveys are removed. Most often than not, the automaker will comply and remove “extreme” surveys. So, in order for your survey to be counted, it is best to stick to the middle of the scale.

Some times it only takes one or two bad surveys for a dealer to lose its quarterly bonus. That’s when the screaming starts.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
God why can't you just record this crap for youtube. He needs a new job, but is probably the son of the cousin's sales manager.

PS, don't take your jeep back there.

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
OP good for you. I also complete survey's. I like it when they always ask you to score them high when/if I get a survey. My reply is I guess you should really try and earn those perfect surveys rather than giving mediocre or bad service and then when you are leaving ask me to score the survey perfectly. They get what they earn; good and bad.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

WTF is this BS?!! They damage it themselves and say this?! Sorry, but I would've went into straight "dick customer" mode after that!!
They caught me on a good day... My wife also said I was surprisingly calm! I had to get out of there in a hurry to get to another appointment so I just needed the Jeep back. I took plenty of pics of the carrier while it was still in the shop so that I could pursue it later. I should have time tomorrow to get involved in a conversation with them on fixing the situation. I will not be as nice depending on their response this time.

OP
OP
78cj7-18lj

78cj7-18lj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangle Sahara JLU
Occupation
Retired
TIPS FOR FILLING OUT A CUSTOMER SERVICE SURVEY:

If you are unhappy with your experience, give the dealer a mid-range score —e.g., a 5 on a 10-point scale.

FCA only counts 10s and 9s; they consider everything else a “fail”. So a 5 is really bad.

Automakers tie bonuses to these survey results. And when money is involved, nothing is sacred.

Dealers will argue that surveys with a bunch of zeroes be tossed out. Their argument hinges on the idea that no real life experience deserves a zero, no matter how bad it was; so the customer must be unreasonable. Dealers will yell and scream until those surveys are removed. Most often than not, the automaker will comply and remove “extreme” surveys. So, in order for your survey to be counted, it is best to stick to the middle of the scale.

Some times it only takes one or two bad surveys for a dealer to lose its quarterly bonus. That’s when the screaming starts.
I'm sorry but that would be lying. We all know what jeeps cost, I'm not going to sugar coat it. It you owned a Ferrari no doubt the dealership would bend over backwards to make you happy, not treat you like felon.
A new JEEP is basically a years pay for most people, that being said anything less than 100% effort from Jeep/Jeep dealership to resolve issues is unacceptable. Yes this is a very high standard and my not be attainable, But with some effort improvements will come. If we accept the rule of 5 we will be knee deep in #hit.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sorry but that would be lying. We all know what jeeps cost, I'm not going to sugar coat it. It you owned a Ferrari no doubt the dealership would bend over backwards to make you happy, not treat you like felon.
A new JEEP is basically a years pay for most people, that being said anything less than 100% effort from Jeep/Jeep dealership to resolve issues is unacceptable. Yes this is a very high standard and my not be attainable, But with some effort improvements will come. If we accept the rule of 5 we will be knee deep in #hit.
Have it your way. But if you give the dealer a bunch of zeroes, your survey will end up in the trash.

It won’t serve any purpose in there, will it.

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
This weekend I filled out a survey for a warranty repair. I didn't intend to do it, I know I deleted it at least once but they sent it again so I did it. This is not the dealership I purchased form as it's 5 hours away. This dealerships in the past ( I've been in 4 time?) treats you like who the hell are you and what the F$#@ do you want (service department). Said dealership rep literally laughed in my face in early 2020 when I asked to have my steering repaired, ya right was the response then changed the subject.
So I get a call this morning form the dealership manager and he proceeded to cuss my out over my servey. He wanted to know who. Well that's easy look at the case file see who handled. I told him you figure it, out at which point he goes off cussing me he even dropped th F Bomb on me and hangs up.
Now that is how you run a professional service department, the customer is always wrong.
This was the dealership Manager, very disappointing. I guess I'll need to get on a waiting list for a Ford Broncos.
I called jeep to thank them for the lovely conversation I had with my local dealerships. They were very nice, they didn't even cuss me for being unhappy with my very expensive, problem plagued JEEP!
First good for you taking a stand. It is often the only way to make the dealership accountable.

With my current electrical issues and being told by one dealership they fixed it only to have it happen again 20 min after picking the vehicle up. Well it did not go back to them and the next dealership it was towed to clearly showed me what the first said they did was NEVER done. Needless to say the dealership that lied to me and put me back in an unsafe vehicle got the worst possible score and a written complaint to Jeep. The dealerships manager and one of the owners even called me in an attempt to have me “change” (?) the scoring. I must have caused them to loose a rather large incentive bonus from Jeep. Frankly I didn’t give a S***!!

On another note my Jeep was so bad it was just recently bought back. Now shopping for a replacement Jeep.
Sponsored