First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
On 2 of my price quotes there’s a line item YGN for “4 additional gallons of gas” and a price of $12. WTFis this about?
Sponsored

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
If it’s any consolation I’ve seen it on every quote I’ve got from multiple dealers.

Although to be fair on a couple of them it was 0.

I’ve never driven a car away from a dealer without a full tank of gas so if they only put 4 gallons in I’m gonna be pissed lol

jimmyzwheelz

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon 2DR
This is a standard charge from the factory, not a dealer add-on charge. They put 4 gallons of gas in every vehicle at time of production for transportation purposes once it arrives. Most reputable dealers should top off the tank for you at time of purchase.

Last edited:

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I noticed this as well on my order sheet. Never seen it before that I remember but it is $12 so I don't care.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
This is a standard charge from the factory, not a dealer add-on charge. They put 4 gallons of gas in every vehicle at time of production for transportation purposes once it arrives. Most reputable dealers should top off the tank for you at time of purchase.
Thanks, that explanation makes sense. Kind of. Selling a million Wranglers a month you’d think FCA wouldn’t have to nickel and dime their dealerships for a few gallons of gas. And the dealerships should be embarrassed to put that on a quote sheet as an actual item with a cost to pass on to customer.

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
That's pretty standard since manufacturers want to minimize the amount of fuel during transit and storage for a variety of reasons.

I wouldn't take delivery of a new or used car from a dealer without a full tank of gas. I haven't heard of it being an issue for a dealer to fill the tank and seems to be common practice. The dealer I ordered from (DD) filled my 2.0T with premium per my request with zero push-back as that is the recommended, but not required, octane for that engine.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Thanks, that explanation makes sense. Kind of. Selling a million Wranglers a month you’d think FCA wouldn’t have to nickel and dime their dealerships for a few gallons of gas. And the dealerships should be embarrassed to put that on a quote sheet as an actual item with a cost to pass on to customer.
You have a good eye and good logic .

I didn't trust the dealer prep morons to touch my Jeep . I drove it away , off the truck , and filled it up myself . About 14 gallons , as I recall .

Bill T.

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Cadillac XTS and 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
My Rubicon (57K MSRP) was delivered with a little over a 1/4 tank of gas. First time ever I have been delivered a vehicle that did not have a full tank of gas. It went on my customer feedback survey.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
My Rubicon (57K MSRP) was delivered with a little over a 1/4 tank of gas. First time ever I have been delivered a vehicle that did not have a full tank of gas. It went on my customer feedback survey.
Did you not say something to the dealer? Had you said something, undoubtedly they would have filled the tank. Especially, if you mentioned that you would mention this in their precious survey.

Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
On 2 of my price quotes there’s a line item YGN for “4 additional gallons of gas” and a price of $12. WTFis this about?
It’s for crap. Bought 2 JLs, 5gal charge, both dealerships filled the tank FULL—it’s in the chaff, screw it. Farrish and Koons in VA.

18BlackJLRU

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4XE Rubicon
In my case my dealer only put half a tank, I asked and they said that all they put in all véhicule... it about 40$ of gas... mine you that here in the Montreal area gas is more expensive !!!

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
When I picked up my RUBY---fulll tank of gas--NO CHARGE !

W.E.

JIMBO

tomahawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting Gray ordered 16 Aug delivered 11 Sep.,,2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7 Hemi, Traded 2017 JKU Big Bear, 2012 Ford Focus.
When my Jeep came in me and my salesman drove it across the road to the gas station showed me the dealer gas card and he said which octane do I want... How about 93? Np..:rock::jk: filled it up with premium

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah no charge for gas on my order and It was full of gas.
Sponsored