Sponsored

Dealer can't order JLUR until end of June?

arcticaaron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I placed my order with a dealer on Tuesday and put a deposit down. The dealer told me that due to delays at jeep they won't be able to place the order until the end of the month, possibly first week of July. Does this sound correct?
Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
I placed my order with a dealer on Tuesday and put a deposit down. The dealer told me that due to delays at jeep they won't be able to place the order until the end of the month, possibly first week of July. Does this sound correct?
I had a dealer tell me the same thing today. He said he could order a JLUR Sport. But not a Rubicon. He also said the note said they could not order until the next allocation date in July

OP
OP
arcticaaron

arcticaaron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Thanks Greg. I wanted to make sure there wasn't something strange going on with this dealer. Sounds like this is a common thing at the moment with the Rubicon.

cdrober

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR Ordered
Sounds odd for a sold order, I would check with another dealer. If they order out of their allocation, what this sounds like, for you it will also have less priority than a sold order and take longer to arrive.

mdelzer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undercontrollabs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JULR Sting-Gray
Occupation
Developer, Home Automation and AV
What @cdrober said. When I ordered my dealer could only get a JLUR for sold customer orders. Not for inventory. It’s worth checking with a few more dealers.

Sponsored

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i/Triumph Thruxton R/Suzuki SV650
I just sent in my signed order form today for a JLUR. I’ll let you know if the dealer comes back with something similar.

SOON

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 4XE
Sounds like they’re maybe trying to order it into their inventory and “hold it” for you to get the sale. I was a car salesman for a long time and they would do that kind of stuff. But there shouldn’t be a wait for a sold order. UNLESS they retooled the assembly line to only produce non rubicon models for the next few weeks.

JPP

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Cherokee Sport
A related question; I have two different dealer build quotes and one has Scheduling Priority: "3-Modified FMV Order" and the other Scheduling Priority: "4- Dealer Order". Does someone know how this relates to ordering/priority? Thanks

RABUF

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL, 3.6, auto, Granite, Cloth Seats, Hard top, LED, Tow, cold Weather, Headliner
Occupation
Retired
Visited several dealers this week who both had a large inventory of 2017 -2018 4 door JK's on the lot. 15 or more. Also a couple of 2 door JK's.
Only had 3-4 4 door JL's. Tried to order a 2 door JL and both said that they could not do so to July. Somehow I think their future allocations are tied to their Sales potential and inventory on hand. I don't see how that could affect a Sold order?

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Mercedes used allocations to reward and punish dealership who played and did not play by their rules. If they caught a dealer using the wrong marketing materials or spending marketing money the wrong way - the dealer's allocation would dry up even if customers showed up to dealership cash in hand. Customer would see dealer would not have in stock or could not order so they would then find another dealer who could. Dont know if thats what's going on here or not.

Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
When I ordered my JLUR on 5/15 my POC showed the Rubicon on restriction. I asked @Travis@TriCityJeep about it and he said the Rubicon wouldn't be built until the next allocation period which was 6/7. He recommended to go ahead and get in the queue instead of waiting until the allocation period opened. It was built yesterday according to Jeep Chat and Cryptostickers. Apparently, he knew what he was talking about.

Bleep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 FIESTA!
Sounds like they’re maybe trying to order it into their inventory and “hold it” for you to get the sale. I was a car salesman for a long time and they would do that kind of stuff. But there shouldn’t be a wait for a sold order. UNLESS they retooled the assembly line to only produce non rubicon models for the next few weeks.
I have a Rubicon that is scheduled to start being built on the 18th

Maybe they are just booked out for the time being?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
A related question; I have two different dealer build quotes and one has Scheduling Priority: "3-Modified FMV Order" and the other Scheduling Priority: "4- Dealer Order". Does someone know how this relates to ordering/priority? Thanks
It should be 1-sold order. When you actually place the order just make sure it says that.

There is absolutely no legitimate reason that they wouldn't be able to order you a rubicon. They're trying to order it as a dealer order and then sell it to you, which isn't how it is supposed to be.

Chinarider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Sahara, 2018 JLU Rubicon,
FWIW, I spoke with my dealer last Friday after he inquired with FCA as to where my JLUR build is right now. I had ordered it on 3/27, categorized as a 1-sold order, & got both the VIN and VON by 3/30. I was in D1 status last month, with a ship date of 6/8. That didn't happen. As of yesterday, I'm back down to D status. Anyway, after his call to FCA, dealer relayed to me that the factory is simply overwhelmed with orders right now.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I’d consider asking for your deposit back and going to a different dealer. These guys are playing games.

As others have said, they are trying to put your order in as one of their allotted dealer orders. This will slow down your build resulting in a longer wait for you.

They’re either being dishonest at your expense (and if they’re doing this now, before the vehicle is even here - what will it be like when you’re negotiating the final steps/signing those final papers, or need warranty work, etc?), or they don’t know what they’re doing.
Sponsored