Dealer can't get 2020 pricing

OP
OP

blb078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
My dealer called today and said he could get pricing however he could not add both the 8.4" screen and advance safety group. It was only one or the other so he is going to mess around with it again tomorrow.
Sponsored

ulbsti25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
My dealer called today and said he could get pricing however he could not add both the 8.4" screen and advance safety group. It was only one or the other so he is going to mess around with it again tomorrow.
Many others facing same issue. Are you pricing out a Rubicon? Not sure if it's just Rubicons or if Sahara's too

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else have that success, does this mean systems are showing pricing again?
Jim marsh just told me the dealer portal is back up and they can price and order vehicles.. still not able to do 8.4” with advanced safety.. due to supply chain issue

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
They told me that too, gotta give them kudos for their customer service though! :)
ya, jim marsh has impressed me.. wish they were in my state to make the purchase process easier.

They did say it's at least a month out for that cable assembly to be available, which is a bummer.. I want to get my order in.

Sponsored

OP
OP

blb078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
My dealer said he would match 7% below invoice unfortunately he can't place the order yet because I'm wanting the 8.4" and advanced safety group. Anyone know if the safety group can be added after delivery? Sure it would cost more but if it's a month wait or something for this then that will suck.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Anyone know if the safety group can be added after delivery?
It can't. However, you can order it without the 8.4" radio and add that after the fact. Instead of spending $1595 for the group, you would buy the $1295 alpine sound system, and then buy the ~$1300 8.4" radio and the parts needed to install that. Unfortunately, it still won't be the same: You won't get the auto high beams, uconnect guardian, or off-road pages. There might be other issues.

I don't care for auto high beams or the uconnect guardian stuff - in fact I consider not having the jeep connected to the internet a plus. But offroad pages and the 8.4" screen sound nice. The bezel on the 7" looks obnoxiously dopey.

Edit: There's also the alpine i209-wra-jl that will (eventually) come out. At $2500 and offering hardly anything the 8.4" uconnect doesn't have hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Edit 2: It is definitely irritating that they couldn't just make the 'auto high beams' feature late availability instead of delaying the whole dang combination.

OP
OP

blb078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
I don't know why they just don't allow dealers to place the order with everything but have it in something like a hold status or whatever until the parts are available or the issue is taken care of.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I don't know why they just don't allow dealers to place the order with everything but have it in something like a hold status or whatever until the parts are available or the issue is taken care of.
I'd guess there aren't that many technology saavy people working at FCA or its dealer network lol.

That, and they might have a company policy of not rolling new features out in the middle of a model year?

JLSahara22

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara Altitude
Having same issues as you all. Can get pricing now but cannot add advanced safety and 8.4"
Sponsored