Dealer Bill Snethkamp lost my order

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
another dealer in NC wants me to drive 300 miles to meet him or pay 1300.00 dollars delivery at my door. Are the Jeep people reading any of this? This is ridicules. My wife's twin turbo Cadillac was easier to buy than a Jeep. Cost just about as much too..... Are the Jeep people reading any of this?
Yes, we are.

you have had a very unfortunate experience with a dealer who seemingly provided based on your description of events ā€”- shall we say ā€”- extremely poor customer service at best.

now, that said, you have a decision to make. You either need to buy a Jeep somewhere or you need to move on and buy another vehicle that suits your fancy.

much of you recent posts, IMO are entering the whining phase. Stop whining. You got really ugly customer service from a dealer. Move on. Buy a Jeep or donā€™t. Your decision.
Sponsored

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
another dealer in NC wants me to drive 300 miles to meet him or pay 1300.00 dollars delivery at my door. Are the Jeep people reading any of this? This is ridicules. My wife's twin turbo Cadillac was easier to buy than a Jeep. Cost just about as much too..... Are the Jeep people reading any of this?
@JeepCares, you guys should help the OP with this issue!

OP
OP

indmotor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 wrangler
Yes, we are.

you have had a very unfortunate experience with a dealer who seemingly provided based on your description of events ā€”- shall we say ā€”- extremely poor customer service at best.

now, that said, you have a decision to make. You either need to buy a Jeep somewhere or you need to move on and buy another vehicle that suits your fancy.

much of you recent posts, IMO are entering the whining phase. Stop whining. You got really ugly customer service from a dealer. Move on. Buy a Jeep or donā€™t. Your decision.
well seems to me most are in agreement with Jeep and their lowsy customer service practices..... you know the ones you call "whiners" wow it just gets worse and worse. meanwhile I will continue to complain, or whine as you put it, to the choir. until the last Jeep customer is buying a bronco. You made that decision for me with your smart ass care less comment above. Are you drunk or something?

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
well seems to me most are in agreement with Jeep and their lowsy customer service practices..... you know the ones you call "whiners" wow it just gets worse and worse. meanwhile I will continue to complain, or whine as you put it, to the choir. until the last Jeep customer is buying a bronco. You made that decision for me with your smart ass care less comment above. Are you drunk or something?
This post is brilliant as it now causes me to wonder about the veracity of your side of the story with the dealer.

Enjoy your stew. I will enjoy my Jeep. Should you wish to buy one, please do and drive it with pride. If you donā€™t want to buy one, buy something else. Life is too short to do anything else.

gā€™day.

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
its the internet so you get to do what you want. But odds are much of the sympathy you got initially may begin to wane. All the owners here were somehow able to navigate the purchase process so either we're all super geniuses or we adapted to the situation.

Yes, many Jeep dealers suck, and FCA has issues. No free lunch, if you want a Wrangler then you deal with those realities. And if you don't want to, there are plenty of other vehicles out there. The Bronco looks fun - grab a place in line and be happy. It's not deciding on major surgery - it's a vehicle purchase. Perspective...

Sponsored

OP
OP

indmotor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 wrangler
This post is brilliant as it now causes me to wonder about the veracity of your side of the story with the dealer.

Enjoy your stew. I will enjoy my Jeep. Should you wish to buy one, please do and drive it with pride. If you donā€™t want to buy one, buy something else. Life is too short to do anything else.

gā€™day.
I own a jeep. I was trading in my 2016 wrangler on a new Rubicon. My family owns 8 wranglers between them. some have 2 in one household. Please do not project yourself on to me without doing your own due diligence first..... When You said "Yes, We are" I assume you are an employee of Jeep. right?

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I own a jeep. I was trading in my 2016 wrangler on a new Rubicon. My family owns 8 wranglers between them. some have 2 in one household. Please do not project yourself on to me without doing your own due diligence first..... When You said "Yes, We are" I assume you are an employee of Jeep. right?
Nope. Donā€™t project yourself on me. Donā€™t work in the auto business, never did. Retired now.

never owned a Jeep before.

I was highly sympathetic to your side of the story a page or two ago. Go look. that said, I am beginning to wonder if my sympathies were misplaced.

OP
OP

indmotor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 wrangler
Nope. Donā€™t project yourself on me. Donā€™t work in the auto business, never did. Retired now.

never owned a Jeep before.

I was highly sympathetic to your side of the story a page or two ago. Go look. that said, I am beginning to wonder if my sympathies were misplaced.
Please go find a new thread to bully..... This one is mine. Go away now.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
You make for a shining example of why I donā€™t trust business reviews by strangers. People make up whatever crap they want when theyā€™re angry.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Are the Jeep people reading any of this?
No, theyā€™re not. Know your audience: this is a large enthusiast forum consisting of a small percentage of owners, prospective owners and very escalated, disgruntled owners.

While your experience sucks, there are others whoā€™ve had it worse. I believe @richardya chimed in earlier.

Most on this thread have been sympathetic to your experience and are trying to help guide you in the right direction (@viper88, @Dkretden, @nostatic) and provide you with solutions but you seem to not want any of it.

Complaining to fellow enthusiasts accomplishes nothing. You arenā€™t the first person to have a garbage dealer experience and you arenā€™t going to be the last.

If you choose to buy a Wrangler, many on this forum will cheer you on. If you choose to not buy one, the entrance and exit doors are always open. But if you continue to complain, people will get tired, either call you out on it and then ignore you or just ignore you.

Now how about you get away from your computer and go find a dealer to sell you a Wrangler? The clock is ticking.

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I'm beginning to think the dealerships attitude is possibly reflective of the buyers attitude.
I'm seeing a lot of hostility, from the OP, when people don't agree with him.
You get back, what you put in. BTW, "Imagine" not "Emagine".

bkod313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Manual Rubicon Wrangler
as a business owner, there is never an excuse to not call a customer back when promised. Never! and on top of that, a cutomer that is trading in his Jeep fully paid for and special ordering a new one. A customer that has 6 Jeeps in his family and many more with my customers, friends, and cousins. And all of us seem to be treated like crap by these dealers here. at least in the Detroit area. Like one fellow here said, "it's like they do not want to sell cars" Ford has no idea how easy it's gonna be to take this business from Jeep.
Hey Indmotor

I am from the Detroit area and have had the same experience. I don't think most dealers here want to sell an ordered Jeep. At least not right now or during the height of Covid. I had trouble getting dealers to call me back. I had one guy admit to me that all the dealers have a "gentlemen's agreement" to never discount Wranglers in Metro Detroit. Also, I was told FCA paused dealer quota incentives during Covid so they weren't trying to hit a monthly number. It's almost like you need a CDI or Employee Discount in our area to get what would be an average deal in other regions.

I had/have a CDI # and emailed my salesman on June 4th to place my order. He emailed me back to say he was off that day and would contact me tomorrow. I never heard back from him so I called him the following Monday the 8th. He went to order my 2 Door Manual Rubicon and said, oh looks like the 2020's are locked out and acted surprised. He made it sound like he was going to try and see if he could push it through and that he had no idea that the 2020's were ending June 4th, but I have my doubts. Certainly by the next day, he would have known and could have called me.

So the price options went up by $500, lost the financing rebate of $1500 and my color - Ocean Blue was discontinued. I'm waiting for the Jeep build site to show the 2021's, hoping for another incentive and to see if another blue will be available. Worst case, I have my deposit on a Bronco for next year. I don't even care if it costs more than the Wrangler, as long my dealer makes the buying process fun/exciting and it's honest. My attempts at buying a Wrangler locally have really left a bad taste in my mouth. No offense intended to my Jeep forum friends here, but I'm kind of bitter.

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
I don't even care if it costs more than the Wrangler, as long my dealer makes the buying process fun/exciting and it's honest.
Honest - agree 100%. Fun/exciting? I never expect that when buying a car. The fun and excitement comes as soon as I leave the lot. Can some dealers make it less unpleasant? Certainly - I've had a spectrum of experiences. I don't need it to be fun, I just want the vehicle and the dealer is a necessary evil. I treat them with respect and if I don't get it in return I go elsewhere. But my expectations are pretty realistic as they are in business to make money and I just want to waste as little time on the process as possible.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
@JeepCares, you guys should help the OP with this issue!
Not sure why Jeep cares would involve themselves in this kind of exchange. Iā€™m skeptical that this is even a real situation.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Who is ā€œmostā€?
Sponsored