Sponsored

Dealer Bill Snethkamp lost my order

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
employee pricing was 5k off this 50k vehicle plus 1500 rebate was the deal i was getting. was getting. not sure what the invoice price was? like said the MSRP was 50,010.00 the EP was 45,088.00 there was something called the FFP at 46,853.00 but they were giving me the EP price. although at this point i bet they were lying about that also. im sure there were surprises when i was to pick it up.
You probably can get a 2021 $50K msrp for around that or less from a dealer that sells for 6%-inder invoice with Tread Lightly or Affiliate and a decent DOC. 2020s area year old. Honestly a 2021 is a better deal now anyway if you factor in depreciation.
Sponsored

OP
OP

indmotor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 wrangler
You probably can get a 2021 $50K msrp for around that or less from a dealer that sells for 6%-inder invoice with Tread Lightly or Affiliate and a decent DOC. 2020s area year old. Honestly a 2021 is a better deal now anyway if you factor in depreciation.
I was offered from another dealer invoice (FWP)
only, no rebates period. I have a feeling you guys have much better dealers in other areas. This is like a mafia here in Detroit area, they all obviously stick together. I am so turned off by Jeep now.

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
only, no rebates period. I have a feeling you guys have much better dealers in other areas. This is like a mafia here in Detroit area, they all obviously stick together. I am so turned off by Jeep now.
shoot down US 23 and see if the dealers in Toledo, OH-IO can give you a deal. Theres a couple just over the border, Yark, Grogan's.

BadWolf

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Sarge Green)
My brother and I bought our New Jeep wranglers there at FOX hills within a week apart in 2016. The owner, an older fellow with long term ownership was very nice, the staff is also very nice. I considered buying a new Grand Cherokee last year as they gave me one for a loaner and I loved it.... so I said, what will it take to trade up to this, here is my info..... no call, they had no interest. So I complained about that to the service manager, oh let me get you with the best salesman we have, he will take care of you properly! well he took information, tried to steal my Jeep from me, said its worth 18K and when i questioned the very low price he emailed me one in comparison at 18K dollars on ebay, i look, its a salvage title with half bald aftermarket wheels and tires, looked like a salvaged vehicle.... So when i politely called him out on that he blew me off and was done with me.... If i knew who to complain to I would have, and he is said to be their best salesman! Keep in mind, My Wrangler was under 3 years old with 18K miles on it and basically in brand new condition. so that was My Fox hills experience. I suspect there is a new owner there now. Because the nice owner gentleman and his daughter I met there were much better than that.
I see where your confusion comes from. When they said he was their "best salesman", what they meant was he made a LOT of money for the dealership, not that he had the best customer service.

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
I did get a receipt with a customer invoice number and after digging around the Manager found my order and said they lost it and confessed it was never ordered.
The average customer making a factory order does not know they can get a copy of the POC which is the what the dealership gets when it places the order with the plant. I don't blame the customer here, the dealership screwed up, not you. I am waiting on a 2021 because (long story) a dealership accidently sold my 2020 Jeep when it came in.

Welcome to the club. Order a 2021 now.

Sponsored

GerJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The average customer making a factory order does not know they can get a copy of the POC which is the what the dealership gets when it places the order with the plant.

Welcome to the club. Order a 2021 now.
What is a POC?

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
I’d cut any dealer some slack in this pandemic; these are extraordinary times.

Having said that, had I been in their shoes, I’d have bent over backwards to make it right once you walked through that door asking questions. The fact that they are now dragging their feet is unacceptable.
I’m going to disagree with this statement. Ok, losing an order during a time like this, maybe. But not refunding the $500 deposit IMMEDIATELY and without question? Completely unacceptable. Covid didn’t stop them from taking the money. They should’ve refunded the money THEN tried to sell him again.

OP, report them to BBB, FCA, whatever business council in their town/county/state. Bring them to heel and get a Jeep at a great price, then never ever go there for service or anything.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I’m going to disagree with this statement. Ok, losing an order during a time like this, maybe. But not refunding the $500 deposit IMMEDIATELY and without question? Completely unacceptable. Covid didn’t stop them from taking the money. They should’ve refunded the money THEN tried to sell him again.

OP, report them to BBB, FCA, whatever business council in their town/county/state. Bring them to heel and get a Jeep at a great price, then never ever go there for service or anything.
You are, in fact, agreeing with my point.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a 3.5-4 hour drive but there is a dealer here in the Chicago area that will sell you a ordered 2021 for 6%-under invoice with either Affiliate or Tread Lightly. You can do everything over the phone and email. Take a cheap flight from Detroit to Midway Airport in Chicago when the JL gets delivered. The dealer is about 30 minutes from the airport.

I can PM you the dealer's info if you are interested.

Last edited:
OP
OP

indmotor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 wrangler
It's a 3.5-4 hour drive but there is a dealer here in the Chicago area that will sell you a ordered 2021 for 6%-under invoice with either Affiliate or Tread Lightly. You can do everything over the phone and email. Take a cheap flight from Detroit to Midway Airport in Chicago when the JL get delivered. The dealer is about 30 minutes from the airport.
who could emagine going through all this to buy a damn Jeep? jumping through hoops, begging them, pleading with them to please take my money. also I have a trade in, will that count as carry on luggage?

OP
OP

indmotor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 wrangler
who could emagine going through all this to buy a damn Jeep? jumping through hoops, begging them, pleading with them to please take my money. also I have a trade in, will that count as carry on luggage?
another dealer in NC wants me to drive 300 miles to meet him or pay 1300.00 dollars delivery at my door. Are the Jeep people reading any of this? This is ridicules. My wife's twin turbo Cadillac was easier to buy than a Jeep. Cost just about as much too..... Are the Jeep people reading any of this?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep knows that Wrangler buyers have few choices, so they let dealers do as they please. Particularly with the lockdown drying up inventories in many places.

Cadillacs are a dime a dozen to some extent.

Hopefully Bronco will change some of this. But unfortunately not for another year.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't shoot the messenger. I was just trying to offer a option. I buy a lot of cars. Many were purchased out of State. Those deals were all well worth it to save money. A thousand here and there adds up over time. YMMV. Good luck.

Also Jeep dealers are independently owned stores. There are quite a few bad ones out there. There are also good ones. Try another one in your area if traveling is too much work. No one will hand you a net/net deal on a plate. You get what you put into it.
Sponsored

Last edited: