Sponsored

Dealer Bill Snethkamp lost my order

indmotor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 wrangler
I ordered a 2020 Wrangler RUBICON 2 door manual trans with most all options on 3/11/2020 and then the covid shut down hit and they closed the Jeep assembly plant. I waited, salesman said no info, no info, no info...... So finally on 8/03/2020 I called the dealer, They said my salesman no longer works there (that was news to him, he has been laid off for covid and dealing with me online and phone) so I speak to the manager ALEX at Bill Sneathcamp Jeep, he says the order was never placed, they lost it. However they did manage to collect $500.00 deposit from me no problem when i drove all the way down there to order it.... Then their slicker than snot super used car style salesman tries to tell me it's no problem, just order you up a 2021, yeah well what about the 1500.00 rebate on the 2020, the 0% financing and the nearly 3K dollars more money for the 2021 price increases? long story short, I end up speaking to the Manager ALEX, he looked over what I had ordered and said he would work me up some kind of a great deal because he wants to sell me a car and he will call me back in 20 minutes...... Well that was 2 days ago.... I am now fighting with them to get my $500.00 deposit they stole from me....

DO NOT EVER GO TO BILL SNETHKAMP JEEP 16400 WOODWARD AVE. HIGHLAND PARK, MI. 48203...... I believe they are a criminal enterprise.
Sponsored

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, Jeep dealers and their “ethics”...

I don’t know where you are, but in most states a deposit is fully refundable. Especially if no goods or services were rendered.

And if the dealer wants to make it extra difficult, your credit card —provided you put it on a card— should have no trouble refunding you, again, since you received nothing in exchange. It is still a tedious process to contest the charge and document everything, though. And is also annoying to have to start your Jeep shopping from scratch.

Just based on what you described, I’d focus on getting my refund first, and then taking my business elsewhere.

Hope you get everything resolved.

OP
OP

indmotor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 wrangler
Yeah, Jeep dealers and their “ethics”...

I don’t know where you are, but in most states a deposit is fully refundable. Especially if no goods or services were rendered.

And if the dealer wants to make it extra difficult, your credit card —provided you put it on a card— should have no trouble refunding you, again, since you received nothing in exchange. It is still a tedious process to contest the charge and document everything, though. And is also annoying to have to start your Jeep shopping from scratch.

Just based on what you described, I’d focus on getting my refund first, and then taking my business elsewhere.

Hope you get everything resolved.
Thank You. I have been waiting for almost 5 months to be told it was never ordered in the first place and on top of that, had i of not called them i doubt they would have contacted me. Last person you want to mess with in this business is a Jeep Wrangler customer because we know a lot of people and bad news travels fast. cannot imagine dropping the ball like that and then not returning my call as promised. Just blew me off! I would have bent over backwards to keep this customer happy and accepted responsibility even if it meant matching the 2020 deal as it was written, simply by adding the extra cost onto my trade in cash. That's just good business. Nope instead they chose to blow me off.... This would have been my 2nd new wrangler, i was trading in my 2016 SAHARA for this RUBICON.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I’d cut any dealer some slack in this pandemic; these are extraordinary times.

Having said that, had I been in their shoes, I’d have bent over backwards to make it right once you walked through that door asking questions. The fact that they are now dragging their feet is unacceptable.

It is issues like this that create real opportunity to shine with the customer, and that separate the good dealers from the shitty ones.

You may still be able to find a 2020. However, I noticed many of the juicy factory discounts are now gone.

If economy experts are to be believed, there are all sorts of signs that the economy will tank before EO year. So if you can wait, you may be able to get a sweet deal even on a 2021.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The economy still has too many underlying unresolved issues to bounce back:
  • too many people are unemployed, and too many people are claiming unemployment each week. We seem to have “stabilized” at 1.4 million new claims each week, which is simply horrendous
  • There are entire sectors like air travel, hospitality, business conferences, restaurants, cruise ships, energy, film making that are, and will remain depressed, until a vaccine appears, and even well after that.
  • Unless our political leaders act very soon, millions of households are at risk of getting evicted; tens of thousands of state, county and city workers risk being laid off as local governments attempt to balance their books following a severe decline in tax collections. And even if the eviction moratorium is extended, those unpaid rents and mortgages keep piling up month after month, and will need to be paid sooner or later. Banks are bracing themselves for a string of mortgage defaults to pop up over the next several months.
Most of us have been shielded from feeling the full impact of a 9.8% decline in GDP, in great part thanks to the Fed dropping interest rates and printing money like there’s no tomorrow. But without anywhere to make a decent return, all that excess liquidity is finding its way to the stock market, creating a bubble.

A buoyant stock market further gives the —false— impression that the economy is doing okay. But with so many consumers either out of work or holding tight to their money, and companies changing their supply lines, they won’t be able to show the level of profits that a 26,000-point stock market requires.

Like all bubbles, sooner or later this one is bound to burst as well.

Sponsored

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
  • There are entire sectors like air travel, hospitality, business conferences, restaurants, cruise ships, energy, film making that are, and will remain depressed, until a vaccine appears, and even well after that.
This will likely be a major issue. Most people keep talking about a "return to normal." The reality is a vaccine will not magically bring back the 2019 lifestyle and economy. Rather, it will enable a modified 2020 where we can "open up" but with masks and physical distancing probably remaining part of life for next few years. One can argue we've been on borrowed time wrt pandemics and the last 80 or so years of the antibiotic era have been the historical anomaly.

Back to the OP, hope the deposit gets sorted, and I agree with others that there may be incentives earlier rather than later in the 2021 MY. Current stock is spotty depending on location and what you want.

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
just get your $500 back and look for a dealership online that has 10%-15% below invoice that is more then the $1500 off MSRP you were getting. and everyone has 0% on 60 months to 72 months still.

OP
OP

indmotor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 wrangler
just get your $500 back and look for a dealership online that has 10%-15% below invoice that is more then the $1500 off MSRP you were getting. and everyone has 0% on 60 months to 72 months still.
employee pricing was 5k off this 50k vehicle plus 1500 rebate was the deal i was getting. was getting. not sure what the invoice price was? like said the MSRP was 50,010.00 the EP was 45,088.00 there was something called the FFP at 46,853.00 but they were giving me the EP price. although at this point i bet they were lying about that also. im sure there were surprises when i was to pick it up.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
employee pricing was 5k off this 50k vehicle plus 1500 rebate was the deal i was getting. was getting. not sure what the invoice price was? like said the MSRP was 50,010.00 the EP was 45,088.00 there was something called the FFP at 46,853.00 but they were giving me the EP price. although at this point i bet they were lying about that also. im sure there were surprises when i was to pick it up.
If you ordered a rig you should have had a VON within a day or two of ordering and a VIN shortly after that. FFP is friends and family. FWP is invoice. 3% under invoice is easy. If you're willing to travel you can get ~8% under invoice which is typically ~13% under MSRP. Some dealers require you to finance with them. Financing can be very lucrative for the dealership as are extended warranties.

I like to watch the expression on the finance guys face when he asks "how much do you want to put down?". I ask "what is the final price with tax, tag, and license?" then think for a moment, play with my phone for a moment like I'm calculating a down payment, then fill out the check and hand it to him. He looks up and says "this is for the whole amount?!?!". Yep.

Sounds like they might have had a plan to fleece you at the last moment and you're probably lucky they didn't place the order. Or maybe they did and it was delivered and sold to someone else.

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Can anyone expand on those other rebates mentined - the money from the factory to the dealer?

I am looking for a Rubicon Recon and was wondering if there is any hidden “back end - factory to dealer” incentives on these models?

Please and thanks!

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Not on 2021 Wranglers in my zip code. Zero.

OP
OP

indmotor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 wrangler
If you ordered a rig you should have had a VON within a day or two of ordering and a VIN shortly after that. FFP is friends and family. FWP is invoice. 3% under invoice is easy. If you're willing to travel you can get ~8% under invoice which is typically ~13% under MSRP. Some dealers require you to finance with them. Financing can be very lucrative for the dealership as are extended warranties.

I like to watch the expression on the finance guys face when he asks "how much do you want to put down?". I ask "what is the final price with tax, tag, and license?" then think for a moment, play with my phone for a moment like I'm calculating a down payment, then fill out the check and hand it to him. He looks up and says "this is for the whole amount?!?!". Yep.

Sounds like they might have had a plan to fleece you at the last moment and you're probably lucky they didn't place the order. Or maybe they did and it was delivered and sold to someone else.
I see the FWP on my order is $47,250.00 MSRP is $50,010.00 and FP is $45,088.00 so from what you are saying the 13% below list would have been 6500.00 off whereas i was only getting 5K off? I had no idea? thought the EP was the best price period! so I am learning something here for sure. however Jeep in all their arrogance has raised the price of the 2021 several thousand dollars over that 50K 2020 model year MSRP..... Most any Jeep dealer I ever spoke with are stuck up bastards. Ask more than one question and they are done with you. so glad Ford is building that Bronco. Not in love with the idea of a Ford but they are forcing me to them. and I love my Jeep. but why support these terrible dealers. plus they are not even American owned, as A Detroiter, that means something to me.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
get your $500 back and cut tie with that dealer. like gtx mentioned. when you order a jeep you would have a printout with a von when you walk out if the dealer. with the von you can track the progress on the jeep build. i would figure out what you want as far as options on the rubicon. then search around and see what comes close to what you want, go to that dealership, test drive it and explain how you got screwed on a order and that you are willing to work with the one you found on the lot. you might get lucky in getting a equal or better deal.

Cazadores

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2020 Firecracker Willys,
Its almost like Jeep dealers don't want to sell vehicles.

Like their business plan relies on irritating customers and alienating people. Strange.
Sponsored