Sponsored

Dealer Bill Snethkamp lost my order

bkod313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Manual Rubicon Wrangler
Honest - agree 100%. Fun/exciting? I never expect that when buying a car. The fun and excitement comes as soon as I leave the lot. Can some dealers make it less unpleasant? Certainly - I've had a spectrum of experiences. I don't need it to be fun, I just want the vehicle and the dealer is a necessary evil. I treat them with respect and if I don't get it in return I go elsewhere. But my expectations are pretty realistic as they are in business to make money and I just want to waste as little time on the process as possible.
I hear what you're saying..but the 2 door Wrangler would be my 2nd car. It would essentially be my "fun" car that I would like to modify and tinker with. I plan on keeping it for a long time. It's something I have been wanting for a long time and saving up for. When I say fun/exciting, I was thinking of how someone might buy a sports car. Jeep's are a fun, specialty type car. They're certainly not the most practical car considering the cost. It's a purchase that I believe should be exciting. I mean, we're Wrangler enthusiasts posting on a Jeep forum. :)
Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

It sucks that most Dealers have shoaty at best salesmen that not absolutely nothing about the vehicle they are selling.. That is every dealers problem. i can walk in with a list of things i know about a Silverado, a raptor, a wrangler, civic, etc etc and i can blow a salesmen out of the water knowing everything about the car they're trying to sell. hell most of them don't even know how to open a hood these days.. my first dealer i went to to test drive a jeep guy didnt even know how to get it out of neutral on the transfer case. took like 15 mins and me asking 10 times to let me handle it.... didnt by from that dealership. went to the next one and they falsely advertised the model i wanted with all the options for X amount of money.. scheduled a test drive after asking to make sure it was on their lot...... showed up and it was at the sister company 30 miles away. so we hoped in a rubicon and drove out there and its was now 15K more with a lift and 35's on it... i was rather upset about my time being wasted and asked for them to cut the "extra" beef off the top and id buy it since it was falsely advertised. zero help. left a nice long review with names ect. after a week of searching i found the jeep i wanted with all the options except one. called the dealer and got with a saleswomen. She physically walked out and saw the jeep verified no extras where added. we worked out a great deal. this was at 3 pm in the afternoon on a Saturday i hoped in my roomates 4runner and was we drove we handled all the financing etc. while driving there. they stayed open as it was a 4.5 hr drive form my house and we would be arriving just after closing but since she was communicating it all worked out. walked in test drove the jeep a couple miles when we got back form test driving papers where ready to go looked through them and drove off in 20mins. best thing i ever did was go out of state to get my jeep. all in all before findin this dealer that wanted to work with me i talked to atleast 15 dealerships in my search. If i did it again id just order from the same dealership.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
While we may know our Wranglers in-and-out, salespeople need to know Wranglers, Gladiators, Grand Cherokees, Cherokees, Compass, Renegades, Ram 1500, Ram 2500, Ram 3500, Dodge Challenger, Dodge Charger, Dodge Durango, Dodge Journey, Dodge Caravan, Chrysler 300 and Chrysler Pacifica.

Not only that, they need to know the difference between a Rubicon and a Sahara, a Rebel and a Limited, an Altitude and an Overland, a Trailhawk and a Trackhawk, an SXT and an SRT. Add to that the fact that FCA keeps monkeying around nonstop with trim levels, option packages and special editions.

It’s simply impossible for a salesperson to know everything. And I am okay with him/her acknowledging that there’s too much detailed information. So when s/he says “let me find out and get back to you”, s/he better follow up. And I don’t appreciate the lying, either; especially when I know they are.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
It sucks that most Dealers have shoaty at best salesmen
Yes. What is shoaty?
i can blow a salesmen
At a good dealership you don’t need to.
after a week of searching i found the jeep i wanted with all the options except one. called the dealer and got with a saleswomen.
:involve:
She physically walked out and saw the jeep verified no extras where added. we worked out a great deal. this was at 3 pm in the afternoon on a Saturday i hoped in my roomates 4runner and was we drove we handled all the financing etc. while driving there. since she was communicating it all worked out. best thing i ever did was go out of state to get my jeep. all in all before findin this dealer that wanted to work with me i talked to atleast 15 dealerships in my search. If i did it again id just order from the same dealership.
Sounds like she took care of you and did well by you.
Sponsored