Sponsored

Dealer add-on vehicle tracking and disable

BCalvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU, 1996 Porsche 993, 2007 Hummer H3
Something that has been on my mind after buying my JLU in May is that the dealer "supposedly" added vehicle tracking and remote disable.

I told the salesman absolutely no and it's a deal breaker. He said "No worries, it has been disabled"

The same thing was offered at another dealership. I asked the salesman what it was and where it was.
He said its no big deal and can be disabled. I didn't care about it being disabled, I don't want some aftermarket part that I assume has the ability to disrupt my ignition system.

Salesman said it's just a chip. WTF does that even mean? Like an aftermarket ECU chip?

It's as common now of a dealer add-on as nitrogen and paint protection.

Does anyone know what this is and where it is?

I can't afford to wrap my jeep in aluminum foil, i just want to remove it. :)

Part of me thinks its just a scam.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Something that has been on my mind after buying my JLU in May is that the dealer "supposedly" added vehicle tracking and remote disable.

I told the salesman absolutely no and it's a deal breaker. He said "No worries, it has been disabled"

The same thing was offered at another dealership. I asked the salesman what it was and where it was.
He said its no big deal and can be disabled. I didn't care about it being disabled, I don't want some aftermarket part that I assume has the ability to disrupt my ignition system.

Salesman said it's just a chip. WTF does that even mean? Like an aftermarket ECU chip?

It's as common now of a dealer add-on as nitrogen and paint protection.

Does anyone know what this is and where it is?

I can't afford to wrap my jeep in aluminum foil, i just want to remove it. :)

Part of me thinks its just a scam.
@BCalvin

No, it is not a chip. It a piece of hardware hooked up to the OBDll port. Also, a wire has to be run to the ignition. Also, a wire to 12v power unless the tracker has a built in battery.

Here is a recent thread where another JL owner is dealing with a tracker..
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...moving-gps-tracker-add-on.54014/#post-1173820