Deal or No Deal

J-Gator

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara with Power Top
The other thread I was posting in seems to have disappeared. Have a hard time getting a good deal in South Florida for the Jeep I want.

Finally got this deal from Lakeland Florida which is about 3 hours north. They said only 3% below on a new order with Tread Lightly but would do this on a 2020 Rubicon (granite crystal) they have coming in. Don't really need a Rubicon.

- Original window sticker is 55350
- Dscount of 6836
- Sell price of 48514
- Dealer fee is $998 (because Fl of course)
- Out the door after taxes 53678.85

Have an offer from a dealership on a 2019 Moab in green that is further away (Sarasota) that is offering.

- MSRP is 54695
- Sell price of 48999
- Dealer fee is 899

I'm going to see if the Moab dealer w(I like the look better, but not pay premium better) lower but was hard getting that.

Seems close enough to be a good deal that I don't have to worry about buying and shipping elsewhere. Thoughts? Appreciate the feedback.
Sponsored

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
I would take the Rubicon. Locking diff and detachable sway bar and Rubicons should hold resale better. It’s also one model year newer. If the options are the same or similar I would go Rubicon.

Roadglide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
The other thread I was posting in seems to have disappeared. Have a hard time getting a good deal in South Florida for the Jeep I want.

Finally got this deal from Lakeland Florida which is about 3 hours north. They said only 3% below on a new order with Tread Lightly but would do this on a 2020 Rubicon (granite crystal) they have coming in. Don't really need a Rubicon.

- Dscount of 6836
- Sell price of 48514

Have an offer from a dealership on a 2019 Moab in green that is further away (Sarasota) that is offering.

- MSRP is 54695
- Sell price of 48999
- Dealer fee is 899

I'm going to see if the Moab dealer w(I like the look better, but not pay premium better) lower but was hard getting that.

Seems close enough to be a good deal that I don't have to worry about buying and shipping elsewhere. Thoughts? Appreciate the feedback.
I thought someone posted that Lakeland is doing 7% below invoice??

OP
OP
J-Gator

J-Gator

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought someone posted that Lakeland is doing 7% below invoice??
This is what I got from them. They are the ones that will do the deal on the Rubicon they have coming in.

"On an order i lose a few incentives so it woulld do to about 3.5% under invoice. If it is in stock unilt at my location i can do the full 7% that being said i have a granite and a stingray gray available"

OP
OP
J-Gator

J-Gator

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We'll W tried to see if local dealer would deal. They offered me $5k off a 2019 Sahara that was $55.7k MSRP with a "last day of the month deal that won't be available tomorrow" deal. I left it. Surprised they didn't call me after I walked.

So have 2 dealers that were pushing to buy before my TL discount is active and one after. I'll try again in a couple of weeks. So have a choice if pricing becomes close with all 3 about same MSRP.

- 2019 green Moab that I like looks the best.
- 2020 Rubicon that might be the best deal
- 2019 Sahara with most options.

Decisions decisions.

- Dscount of 6836
- Sell price of 48514

- MSRP is 54695
- Sell price of 48999
- Dealer fee is 899

Sponsored

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's

- Dscount of 6836
- Sell price of 48514

This discount here shows more then 3% below invoice are you doing the math right? I'd take the Rubicon...

OP
OP
J-Gator

J-Gator

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leaning that way. They will do more for an in stock unit, but only 3% on a factory order. Not the way I would set up but nothing that is a deal breaker.

OP
OP
J-Gator

J-Gator

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well it is done. Ok not done, but ordered. Lakeland Jeep ended up ordering for 7% under invoice (with TL), but really only 5% once dealer fee ($998) is factored in. Seems best I could do without going out of state and shipping which probably would bet about the same amount. Was cheaper to order than I could get a deal on leftover 2019.

Ended up ordering a Sahara:
- Ocean blue
- 4cyl. Almost went etorque v6, but was over $1k more. Jeep really pushing new engine.
- Audio upgrade
- Safety package
- Advanced safety package
- Cold weather package (important in South Florida lol)
- Remote proximity
- LED package

Can't wait.
Sponsored