Dead UConnect and battery

Oksunshyn

First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Bought a used 2018 JL in June with less than 10K miles. About 2 weeks ago I had a dead UConnect screen, Jeep sat over the weekend and on Monday I had a dead battery (gauges, windshield wipers all went crazy and push to start button wouldn't work). Dealer did a diagnostic for $150 and said I need a battery. Still a dead UConnect screen. Next day I had a dead battery. Changed the auxiliary battery and updated the software. Still a dead UConnect screen. Recommended a new head unit which would take a couple weeks. Next day, a dead battery. I'm having to jump start my jeep everyday, sometimes twice a day with brand new batteries in it so it obviously has a draw/short somewhere. The UConnect screen does change color like there is a light behind it when I put it in reverse but other than that, nothing. No radio, navigation, backup camera or thermostat (heater does work you just can't see display). Obviously there is a draw/dead short and we're guessing it's in the UConnect. I've seen lots of issues but not that goes black and stays black. Anyone else and if so, what was the fix?
Sponsored

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Pull the fuses to the uConnect and see if that stops the dead battery issue.