Dead spot enhanced after falcon steering stabilizer installed

Comanche73

First Name
Dekin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
Has anyone out there noticed the traditional "dead spot/squishy steering corrections" in your JL's became even more pronounced/enhanced after installing an upgraded steering stabilizer? I installed the adjustable (soft, medium, firm) Teraflex Falcon version for JL/JLU and although it did a great job solving wandering on the highway (I usually run it on medium), it seems to only have made the dead spot in the steering wheel even more pronounced. A couple of other good things to know is I have a 2020 Rubicon Recon and had the steel steering box installed (via the TSB).

I am doing my freakin' hardest to not fall into the aftermarket steering upgrades money pit, so I am maybe hoping (and praying) that the Steer Smarts Yeti XD sector shaft brace with frame side track bar reinforcement bracket (man, that's a mouth full) might help with the "dead spot"... even it's just a little.

Another minor point to make is that I don't think the steel steering box upgrade changed anything other than making the power steering feel tighter. The dead spot and wandering are not better. I live in Florida and have a cabin in western NC. I make that drive ALL THE TIME and have a ton of highway experience. All I can say is that the trip is always overly exhausting (before and after the TSB fix). My cabin is on top of a mountain so the Rubicon is perfect once I get there... but the highway driving feels like a freakin' video game (LOL). It takes some real love for your Rubicon to put up with that sort of highway driving. It just plain SUCKS but I still painfully love my Rubicon.
Sponsored

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
If your Jeep is stock with no lift and you don’t plan on lifting get the Mopar lower control arms for their lift. Moparpartsgiant.com usually has them for about $60. It will get your caster up around 6 and it will drive much better.

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
What Jim said. My 21 Willys is bone stock and has no dead spot, and no wandering.

G.

OP
OP
Comanche73

Comanche73

First Name
Dekin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
If your Jeep is stock with no lift and you don’t plan on lifting get the Mopar lower control arms for their lift. Moparpartsgiant.com usually has them for about $60. It will get your caster up around 6 and it will drive much better.
Awesome, thank you. I will for sure check these out. At this point, I am not sure if I want to get a lift on it as it's still a stock Rubicon Recon with just falcon stabilizer being the only after-market/upgraded part added so far.
Sponsored