Dead pedal does not work with the 4xe

Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Bought a dead pedal to rest my left foot on, but it seems the bolt that all the dead pedals install on does not exist on a 4xe! Anyone know of one that is made for the 4xe?
Sponsored

Wandering_Cascadian

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe; 1976 GMC High Sierra 1500
Which dead pedal did you purchase if you don't mind me asking? And could you share a picture?

Raven9322

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
That’s unacceptable. I just ordered mine and I hated my gladiator without the dead pedal. It’s a day one install for me for sure so this better get worked out lol

Bohunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
Just found this out last night when I tried to install my Dead Pedal. The bolt from the firewall that you used to be able to attach the dead pedal is now shorter and recessed in some hard plastic. Very frustrating and now to have to find some other way to mount it. I would return it, but I had already powder coated it. This makes me wonder what other "small" changes Jeep made to the vehicle.

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe

Sponsored

Wandering_Cascadian

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe; 1976 GMC High Sierra 1500
Just found this out last night when I tried to install my Dead Pedal. The bolt from the firewall that you used to be able to attach the dead pedal is now shorter and recessed in some hard plastic. Very frustrating and now to have to find some other way to mount it. I would return it, but I had already powder coated it. This makes me wonder what other "small" changes Jeep made to the vehicle.
Which dead pedal are you trying to install? I've seen some that mount on the side wall and others that mount directly to a firewall bolt.

Bohunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
I bought the Hooke Road pedal. It bolts to the firewall bolt.

@moments.by.ron I will definitely need to look if the bolt extender is feasible; don't think there would be an issue, but have not really checked the bolt yet.

Dead Pedal.jpg

Dead Pedal pic2.jpg

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe

Sponsored

Lookthermo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JL) Eco Diesel
I think the OP was referring to a change in the 4xe model. Can you confirm, is yours a 4xe hybrid? Your signature shows you have a diesel. Just wanted to confirm.
I do not have the 4XE. From what I read the OP was trying to attached a dead pedal to the firewall but the bolt has been changed. I was merely providing a different option as the one I have attaches to the side (not the firewall). I dont know for sure if it will work with the 4XE but its possible someone could reach out to the MFG and ask.

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I do not have the 4XE. From what I read the OP was trying to attached a dead pedal to the firewall but the bolt has been changed. I was merely providing a different option as the one I have attaches to the side (not the firewall). I dont know for sure if it will work with the 4XE but its possible someone could reach out to the MFG and ask.
Ahh. Got it. Thanks for posting - I’m thinking you’re probably right that it should work. And I hear a lot of people really like the MORE dead pedal. Hopefully a 4xe owner can confirm for certain!

Skippy477

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
The side mount ones will work but it’s a pain in the ass to install. I originally bought the kind the bolts to the firewall only to learn that it didn’t fit. I then bought the side mount kind and it fits well but very challenging to install.

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
The side mount ones will work but it’s a pain in the ass to install. I originally bought the kind the bolts to the firewall only to learn that it didn’t fit. I then bought the side mount kind and it fits well but very challenging to install.
Can you share which brand dead pedal you installed? I’m looking to get confirmation from someone who’s installed the M.O.R.E dead pedal on a 4xe (see the link a few posts back).

I’ve reached out to M.O.R.E. with this question, but haven’t heard back from them yet.

Thanks!

MaskedRacerX

First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
I see there's several brands/styles of the type that doesn't mount to the side, so I assume __all__ the "front mount" work the same? Use the same - now unavailable - bolt?
Sponsored